“Exceptional Value & Five Star Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Orange
Los Angeles, California
“Exceptional Value & Five Star Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

What a find! ...located by The Honda Center, Anaheim Stadium, Disneyland and Medieval Times - - nestled amongst The Lazy Dog Cafe, CineMark Theaters and a Starbucks.

TOURISTS: You will get reasonable rates for a clean room. Please note there is no pool. But if you are here visiting, you shouldn't be hanging out around the hotel you should be out sight seeing and enjoying Southern California, right?

BUSINESS PEOPLE: I was here on business and lived at this hotel for four months (with my small dog) and I had a WONDERFUL experience.

The rooms were recently remodeled with a fresh coat of paint and new carpet. And after reading some of the other reviews it seems this hotel desperately needed this face lift. I hope they continue to make other upgrades. There is also a park (hidden) behind the hotel that is great to walk or bike with your pooch.

The real reason I would recommend this hotel is for the EXCEPTIONAL STAFF.

Nidhi, Mina, Bev and Sabrina should truly be recognized for THE BEST customer service! These ladies ALWAYS wear a smile on their face and come to work with a positive attitude ready to serve their guests. I have seen them all handle some difficult guests with such effortless grace.

You will feel right at home.

• 5 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stay about 280 days a year away from home and always try and stay at Extened Stay. And as always my stay here so far after about 5 weeks has been up to what I always find at these hotels. Very friendly staff, front desk personal are a 10 as well as the cleaning staff. Everyone here makes me feel as if I were home. Thank you all so much! Look foward to the next 6 to 7 weeks. The only thing I wish they had would be a pool, and more TV chanels.
Craig Combs,

• 5 of 5 stars
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and continue enjoy your stay with us at Extended Stay Hotel Orange County Katella Ave. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Henderson, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The wife and I stayed here while back in October of last year. Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First, we reserved a non-smoking with a king bed. We arrived to find we had been put in a "smoking optional" room. The only thing optional is if we wanted to breathe or not. If a chain-smoker convention was held in that room, it could not have been as smoky-smelling as this. Went down to tell them to move us and were told there were no other rooms as we had our dogs with us.
After much complaining, she "found" one that had two double beds. We took the room, and it still smelled funny, as if someone was smoking something they would need a medical card for. The bathroom sink was clogged and the toilet paper holder was missing. On our way out for the evening, we notified the front desk and she said she would have it taken care of. When we got back, she hadn't.
I just wanted to go to bed, but was unable to sleep as the sheets and pillow cases smelled like decaying lake-bottom mud. I spent the night with my nose in the air. I took the pillow with me when I notified the front desk girl in the morning. Her reply was, "Ewww. That smells. Sorry." There was no one on duty to try and rectify the situation.
We left a phone in the room when we checked out, and tried for 30 minutes (literally) to get ahold of the front desk. I drove the 15 miles back to the hotel and when I asked why no one answered the phone, the girl's reply was, "Oh, I was on lunch and I don't answer the phone."

If this is the only place not overrun during a zombie aocalypse, and it's either go inside or have my brain eaten, I'd rather be a zombie....

Room Tip: For a good room, go somewhere else...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Aces_89011
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

Pleasanton, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was surprised to read the rave reviews after staying at the hotel. For one, it was not clean. The beds were made and we had clean towels but the toilet was filthy and no one had taken out the garbage from the last guest. It was suppose to be a non-smoking room but there was a smoky smell that didn't get better even when we opened the windows. There were however, two staff members that were exceptional. The young lady that staffed the front desk in the afternoon was very friendly and the woman who cleaned our room after we complained about the dirty room was very professional.

Room Tip: The first and fourth floors are pet friendly so don't stay on those floors if you have pet aller...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I'm writing to once again say THANKS !!... to the professional staff at the Extended Stay America Orange, Ca - Katella location.

Nidhi Desai (Hotel Manager), Wilhelmina, Beverly and Sabrina for treating me as a "5-star" customer.

This along with their newly up-graded and CLEAN rooms - may also explain why I keep coming back. ( I believe this to be my 7th stay in this location.)

I wanted to publicly state my upmost appreciation for a job well done.

Best Regards,

Ed Escobido
National Sales Manager
idh by St. Simons, Inc.

• 5 of 5 stars
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stay with my family for vaccation. The rooms were nice and clean. Staffs were very nice and helpful. I really loved the way they treated us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

It was a great experience. The staff was very pleasant and supportive

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 16 in Orange
4.5 of 5 stars 291 reviews
BEST WESTERN Orange Plaza

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Orange
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange