We managed to book this six night stay seven months in advance on a buy two nights get one free special. This saved us a lot of money as we had five rooms for our whole family and it allowed us to stay six nights instead of four or five.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. I liked the fact that the beds had full sized pillows, not the smaller ones I get at other hotels. One room had a slow drain in the shower and sink. The low flow toilets that are required in California are frusterating because they take several flushes to finish the job (not much water saving going on there).
The freshly baked cookies in the lobby each evening were good too. We felt like the breakfast was lacking in variety. Scrambled eggs, potatoes (not hash browns), pancakes, bacon one day sausage the next (all in hot plates), three types of cold cereal, bread and bagels for toasting, fresh cut water melon, honeydew, and canteloupe (usually under-ripened), milk, orange juice, coffee, or hot chocolate were the choices. But after six days I only managed a bowl of cold cereal the last day.
The ice machine on the sixth floor had ice one out of three tries, the other on the second floor was two for two (I only found the two machines). There was only one microwave on the second floor (how much would additional microwaves cost for a six floor hotel).
The parking seemed adequate, but usually quite full. I did notice a lot of ambulance noise (mostly in the daytime) for the nearby hospital and busy intersection. Access to the hotel is only available from the lanes of traffic next to the two sides of the hotel because of hard islands in the median, so you have to look for places to do legal u-turns from the far lanes of traffic.
We chose to drive to Disneyland rather than take the shuttle, as we weren't running three or five consecutive days that would have saved us money (the cost for parking three vehicles was the same as three non-consecutive shuttle days for ten adults and two children). A right hand turn on Chapman Ave, two miles down and a right hand turn on Harbor Blvd, then a mile north was all it took to get into the Disney Woody parking lot. The shuttles from the lot and Disneyland are almost constant, so our routine was very simple.
There are quite a few national chain restaurants within a mile or two of the hotel, like TGIFridays, Red Robin, and Outback, not to mention a Wendy's right next door.
The hotel was a block from I-5 north and south which made for very easy access, especially on our day trip to Sea World.
The pool and spa are outdoors, so using them in sixty degree weather wasn't very practical.
We'd definitely consider staying here again but now we know what to expect
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ayres Inn Orange! Our European-inspired boutique hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Inn Orange are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At Ayres Inn Orange, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ayres Inn Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- Ayres Inn Orange CA - Orange County