Ayers is a great stay for a good price when visiting Disneyland. I don't mind the ten minute or less drive, either. The ART stops here, so you can use the shuttle to go to the theme park if you want to avoid extra parking fees,
Rooms are nice and spacious, but the bathroom seems just a tad small, yet it's the right side to do the basics and enough counter room for your toiletries. The restroom is clean too to bottom, and uv light inspection showed no serious residue in the bathtub.
The living area is quite lovely and spacious. The room passed our white glove and bed sheet exam. Also, no dust was found in the whole room, so their cleaning is impeccable. They provide enough channels for entertainment, a large room fridge for your needs, and a cute closet dresser to hang clothes. They provide 10 hangers for clothing and have a laundry option. Full iron board with iron is available, along with one extra pillow and fluffy sheet. There are ample outlets in the room as well, so plug away.
The overall experience has been nice. Their front desk staff in the day is quite friendly. The graveyard staff person was quiet and did not greet us upon late night entry, which we found a bit strange. Being in the hotel industry, we expect all staff and all times of day or night to greet warmly and be attentive. This one just paced around and looked up without acknowledging us.
The complimentary full breakfast provides sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, orange juice, milk, coffee, pancakes and fruit. Quite a spread. It's free and tastes good, so you can't go wrong with what they provide. In terms of room service, they schedule it only from 5-9pm, which I found strange, because boutique hotels usually offer room service all day or they do not offer it at all. Still, you can order a nice dinner and eat in the room during this time.
The cookies they advertise to (I assume) compete with doubletree across the way was it present or even mentioned. I did send an email today to the hotel to inquire to see what they say. It sounds ridiculous, but those small touches matter to many visitors. I hope that they do provide it even through their construction phase at this time.
Parking is interesting. Th construction blocks off one access way to the rear parking lot, and the closer parking is of course first come first serve. They have ample room in the rear lot, but the only access point from here is the main entrance. This will probably improve after the construction is done.
With Wendy's and Starbucks right next door, Block at Orange across the street and the freeway exit right next to the hotel, this is a great choice for any traveler, especially those visiting Disneyland and trying to save money.
It's been a good experience. I gave the hotel four stars for the amenities, room cleanliness, free parking, and complimentary full breakfast. Service was good in the day, but their graveyard front desk people really need to work on their happy face.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland CA - Orange County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ayres Inn Orange! Our European-inspired boutique hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Inn Orange are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At Ayres Inn Orange, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Milestone Internet Marketing, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.