“ok, but nothing special” 2 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Hutto, Texas
“ok, but nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

we took a pleasure trip to the Inn and expected a restaurant (3737) to be able to eat at any time. We were sorely disappointed when they told they were not open on weekends. The kids at the desk said it was not owned by the hotel and "that was just the policy". They were not apologetic at all or suggestive of any other places to eat. They were just kids with no experience-obviously at how to handle customers. The room was OK, but the bathroom was exceptionally small not allowing but one person at a time in the area. We will not go back .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
csmith_9, General Manager at Ayres Inn Orange, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ayres Inn Orange. I am very sorry that that your were disappointed in the Cafe not being open for lunch or dinner on the weekends. It is correct that the Hotel leases out the Cafe to a third party who operates Monday-Friday; lunch, dinner and room service. It is the operators discretion whether they want to open on the weekends. In the past there has never been enough demand for an operator to be open on the weekends and have the Cafe be financially viable. I would like to apologize for my staff seeming to be uncaring or helpful in suggesting other dining options in our neighborhood. This is a concern I will be addressing with my desk staff immediately and I wholeheartedly agree they should have been more helpful.
As to the size of the bathrooms, they are small, the building having been built in the 1960's and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to expand them.

Christine Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Spent 4 nights here, very enjoyable. Room was clean and spacious, beds comfortable. Hot breakfast was part of package, nothing spectacular, but adequate. Scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes. Got a little boring by the third day, but it was free. Free shuttle to Disneyland was nice, but has limited hours. Just need to plan. All in all the hotel was nice, the service was good, friendly staff. If we ever go back to Disney, will probably stay here again.

NapTown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here for 6 days. We were completely blown away with the value this hotel brings. Every morning we would get up and eat at the complementary breakfast buffet. We would then be able to skip lunch and eat at Wendy's which is next door.

Pros..

+ Price. We didn’t break the bank staying here. I have paid literally 6 times more for 10 times less.
We normally do Priceline for hotels but if we come back to LA I will forgo Priceline name your price just
to be sure we stay here again.

+ The breakfast buffet. This saved us $15.00 a day. So you figure $15 x 6 = $90.00
The Buffet has eggs,sausage/bacon,pancakes,potatoes and your normal continental stuff.
milk,juices,coffee.

+ Free Parking

+ Free shuttle to and from Disney.
You schedule when you want to go and when you want to come back. If your family cant last
until your pick up time you can just call and reschedule. I don’t think they don’t offer multiple trips on the same
day but hey it’s a free shuttle and it might take some planning.

+ Free internet. This is one of my pet peeves with other hotels. I have been charged as high as $14.95
a day for internet. Not here though.

+ Laundry room where you can do your own laundry. They have an laundry service but I am not
a fan of these. I know I can do it cheaper.

+ Room service was outstanding as well.

+ There is so much near the Ayres inn. There is a beach 20 min away.

There are 0 negatives I can say about the Ayres Inn. I am super picky about hotels
I would completely stay here again. In a heart beat. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in
this is the first hotel I would go out of my way for, It has everything I look for in a hotel.
I now feel like I will always use this place a comparison. Which will be very unfair to all
the hotels out there because this place has it right.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. The descriptions were on target. This was a birthday trip for my grandson to Disneyland. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. The room was spacious and clean; the staff friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast as good as one could reasonably expect for the price. The hotel provides complementary shuttle service to Disneyland. This was always on time, and one of the managers even made a special trip just for us, as our return time was earlier than their regularly scheduled service.
The only negative, which has nothing to do with the hotel, emanates from the Disneyland "Express" service from the Orange County airport. The bus circuit covers several hotels, and Ayres is the last stop. It took 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel and 80 minutes return.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Room and breakfast were adequate/average for what you expect at this price level. I gave the hotel a lower rating for a couple of reasons: (1) The night clerk, Luis, was smug and arrogant. It seemed that the rest of the staff was just. . .curt. We left after a couple of nights for friendlier place. Also, (2) their shuttle to Disney only runs in the morning and evening. From around noon until I believe 5pm, you are on your own. I thought that a bit odd.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

My family and I Stayed at the Ayers Inn Durring our recent trip to Disneyland. This hotel is a great value especially for Disney visitors as they serve a full complimentary breakfast each morning (we were so full we just had a small snack at Disneyland and then ate dinner outside of the park). The rooms are clean while a little small but really you aren't going to be in the room to do much more than sleep and shower if you're in town to visit disneyland. The shuttle travels to and from Disneyland all morning and each evening until the park closes. It was prompt and the drivers were nice. The concierge was very accommodating when we called twice to change our shuttle departure times.
The only small recommendations I would make to the management would be - invest in a 2nd toaster - one isn't enough during the busy breakfast rush, put a small table in the rooms to accommodate those who may eat a meal in their room (maybe there is one in the larger rooms but ours did not have one), and lastly more tv channels would be nice. All in all the Ayers inn was a great value and we will definitely book a room here again for future Disneyland visits!

• Stayed August 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights for our Disneyland trip and it was the best!!! Service was great the breakfast was awesome and the shuttle was even better... The driver did not let us put our stuff in he gladly folded up our heavy double stroller and put it away for us!!! These people truly know how to put the customer first!!! Even though the hotel was 2 miles away we still had no problem gettin to Disneyland

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Ayres Inn Orange? Share your experiences!