“Roach Motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Modesto, California
“Roach Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is disgusting. After finding this place after a long day at Disneyland my fiance and I couldnt wait to get some sleep. When we got into the room my fiance set her bags down and went to use the bathroom. She let out a scream we'll never forget. The place was crawling with roaches. It was horrible. We picked our bags up off the floor and put them back into our car. We took pictures of the roaches in the room and went to the front desk to demand a refund. The manager at the front desk was very rude and said they never give refunds for any reason even though we stayed less than 5 minutes. I then showed him the pictures of the room covered in roaches and he agreed to refund our money if we deleted the pictures. This place is filthy. Please avoid it at all costs! You really do get what you pay for!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

In reply to the post on here saying there are vindictive and exagerated comments??? This site is to help people find accomodation and the comments are to HELP people not to be vindictive to the Hotel. SInce our trip last year, I have heard of 5 other reports of people staying in this accomodation. One group after seeing their rooms promply grab their bags, dropped the key and remote back to reception, and with prying eyes on them jumped back into their cars and couldnt get out of there quick enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion HOWEVER for the sake of future travellers to that area, at least be honest with comments regarding the place, which is what has been done with the majority of them. We are in the process of trying to find the photos we took of the following; - filthy unflushed toilet/filthy bed linen/filthy towels/mould in fridge/ broken window screens and will post them - this will prove once and for all that this place should be investigated.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Might not be the Hilton, but the price is right. Close to Disneyland and other points of interest. I have all ways had good service. I have been comming here over 2 years and have seen an improvment in the quality of the rooms. Again it is not the Hilton, but it all so isn't priced like the Hilton. There are a couple of reviews posted here that are very vindictive and seem to be exagerated. Again I am a frequent customer, not a resident and if this site wishes they may contact me. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

obviously the good reviews were written by staff or friends of staff. This place is disgusting, DON'T EVEN BOTHER

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

The check-in/reception area has plexiglass between the front desk person and you. There is a hole in the counter where you slide your check-in info under and they slide your TV remotes and room key to you. I guess this was clue #1 not to stay here. Sadly we booked this hotel the same day we needed to stay somewhere, through Expedia, so there were no refunds or else I would have asked for one.
We went to our 'non-smoking' room and the sheets had brown stains on them (we requested the 'maid service' come back through the room), we slept on top of the bed without the comforter, in blankets we brought for the trip. One of our 2 bath towels provided had a black tar-ish goo on it, so we had to take it back to the front desk and get a new towel, the min-fridge smelled like urine, there were liquid like stains on the walls, cigarette burns on the tub basin, sockets broken and off the walls, the window in the bathroom did not lock and we found an opened condom wrapper next to the bed.
The front desk guy was not friendly at any time and when we checked out, he was in checking our room before we even had a chance to pull out of the parking lot. I wouldn't even recommend my cat stay here. Felt very unsafe, unfriendly and unclean. I wouldn't be surprised if they rented rooms by the hour.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

This place looked great on the website and the location was ideal if you wanted to be near the Anaheim Convention Center.........what we got was an entirely different scenerio. The first night we were there, we came in late so it wasn't so bad. My fiance went to work the second day so i got to kick back and watch tv and work on my computer. I noticed that it was a residental motel which i normally don't mind but it was really ghetto in a hillbilly kind of way. I asked the owner if this was the case and he told me "no, there is noone here "long term"......<lie #1>........By that night, it was noisey, and I was starting to notice certain things about the room....like....the bathtub hadn't been cleaned since the Nixon Administration and the same with the carpet. Day three was kinda fun though....it involved a multi-person fist fight that i could see from our balcony that was broken up by five Orange police officers. That's when we decided to bail out....when we told the manager that we wanted to leave <we prepaid for the room>, he gave us plenty of excuses why he couldn't issue a refund. I finally told him that County Health was just a phone call away and he bent a touch. We decided to go to The Twin Palms in Brea instead which was an oasis compared to that little chunk of hell.
Bottom line....if I was diagnosed with a terminal diasese, I would stay at the Big A.....because every moment would seem like an eternity.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

There were electrical sockets hanging out of the walls, every lamp shade was broken, one of the light sockets was broken in half and still had a bulb in it, the beds were rock hard, and one of the rooms even had broken glass on the floor! We spoke to the front desk and they said they were remodeling and could do nothing about it. It did not feel safe or comfortable. I didn't even stay there because of that. Unfortunately the women working for me didn't have a choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Big A Motel? Share your experiences!