“A lot of charm, some possible improvements” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The French Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orange
The French Inn
You added The French Inn to your Saves list
248 S. Batavia St., Orange, CA 92868   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Orange B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“A lot of charm, some possible improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was a very nice stay, the house is nice and full of soul. Although some of the furniture are a little bit run down and the hostess has her days, but these are some details, it was nice ! Nice garden too and location really nice close to the heart of the old town of Orange.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We both agree we could not have had a more perfect wedding and B&B experience than at the French Inn. We always wanted to return and in May we did. We didn't expect help with our light luggage but we got it, and every other courtesy. Part of our total enjoyment was visiting again with Sarah and having the great realization that not only is her Inn restful, beautiful, and quiet, but she is the epitome of loveliness and efficiency. (This we witnessed even during a few stressful challenges at the wedding). Our breakfast was delicious. We so enjoyed two hours of walking around Old Towne Orange before our requested 9:00 am breakfast. Gorgeous fresh flowers graced the lovely home (even in our bathroom) and the trees on the estate are terrific. We hopefully will return again, but until then I find myself just refreshing the experience in my mind. A guest at our wedding decided to have their 40th anniversary party at the French Inn and it was exceptional in everyone's opinion.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

This is a great ‘real’ place to stay if you just can’t take another stay in plastic corporate lodging. Like staying at Grandmothers home, if Grandmother happens to own a great old Edwardian home. They have events here, mostly weddings, and there is some noise (as there is everywhere in Orange County) but the grounds are lovely, the bed comfortable, I stayed in a room with swell old pink tile fixtures from another time. Don’t worry you get your cable and it is convenient to Old Town Orange and the rest of the Orange Country attractions. Breakfast is well-prepared and you will find your host Sarah charming. One caveat, you will hear the train whistles, so be prepared for that if you are a country dweller, if you hale from the city you won’t notice a thing.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

The French Estate, often referred to as The French Inn, was a terrific place to stay. I needed a room as I was in from out of town for a lavish Christmas party at an old friend's home. I prefer the Bed & Breakfast atmosphere to a local hotel for many reasons... one being the personalized service and terrific breakfasts. The French Estate more than exceeded my expectations. Sarah, the proprietor, was both charming and accommodating. In fact, I ended up inviting her to the Christmas party. The location could not have been better and the off street parking was a real plus. Not being near a main street made for very quiet, restful, sleep... something very important to me. I have traveled throughout Europe, New Zealand, etc., and I would rank The French Estate as comparable to most I have stayed at.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to The French Inn? Share your experiences!