I booked three nights at the Red Roof Inn at Ontario Airport in early December 2013. My experience at the Red Roof Inn is as follows, in no particular order:
1) Upon check-in, I was told that there would be a race along the main street on Sunday, so the road would be closed from 7:25AM to 8:50AM and we would not be able to leave the hotel during that time. It would have been nice to know this before we made the reservation.
2) The free breakfast was a nice perk, but there was not much selection. Also, we could not enjoy this on Sunday since we had to rush out of the hotel.
3) It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room, although we didn't use the microwave. I was surprised there wasn't a coffee maker, but there was always coffee in the lobby. The TV was a simple small flat screen.
4) The room was adequate. Not old, but not a new feeling either.
5) The towels in the room was extremely poor quality. It was slightly better than drying yourself with sandpaper.
6) We had a non-smoking room but yet there were cigarette burns right in the middle of one of the comforters. This was not changed during our stay. Every day after our room was made, we saw the same cigarette burn.
7) Another reviewer said the they could hear the train if you had a room facing the parking lot so you should get a room facing the street. I took this advice and got a room facing the street. I did not hear the train so that was good advice. Just know that all rooms facing the street only has two queen beds. If you want a king bed, you would be facing the parking lot.
8) When your neighbor turns on their water, you can hear a loud noise through the walls. This woke us up two of the three nights we were there.
Bottom line: We wouldn't stay here again. The hotel looks nice in the picture, but it was not comfortable at all.
Street facing rooms are only available with two queen beds. King beds are only available in rooms f...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn Ontario. As always, it is our best intent to provide a safe, clean and great environment for all our guests to enjoy. We would like to apologize for not been able to exceed your expectations. We are currently working on updating our whole inventory, which means that soon we will have high standard towels, comforters and many more amenities that our valued guests will enjoy greatly. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope you can provide us with another opportunity at showing you all the improvements we have and will continue to make to our property.
Report response as inappropriate
Guest Relations Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.