“Smells like a bar” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Gypsum, Colorado
“Smells like a bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here two nights from a last minute Hotwire reservation. The property has been renovated and is generally what I would call "pleasant budget". The furnishing are budget but that's expected. The room was well appointed. My room was right on I-10 but wasn't an issue for me. The staff was prompt and courteous- not especially friendly but perhaps I had an unwelcoming air- who knows. The major problem with this property is the smell. The elevator and hallway had the heavy smell of tobacco- almost like a bar smell. This is a bit surprising as I slept on a nonsmoking floor. There was a bit of the smell in the room but not a lot and my nose rapidly adapted and it didn't bother me. I have noted other reviewers noting the same thing. Too bad because the furnishings and overall setup make the Extended Stay idea a great way to travel on a budget- I'm not sure I will want to come here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were late in making reservations for our son's graduation -- all the local hotels were booked. So we decided to stay by the airport for ease of transportation, and were very happy with the Extended Stay America by the Ontario, CA airport. The employees were all great, they made us feel welcome and well taken care of!

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the freeway would be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The manager (Mohamed) and his staff (Melissa0 bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. Our room was nicely decorated, clean, and very comfortable. It is a bargain compared to many of the other local hotels and would recommend it highly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Camdenton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is a very nice clean facility with a great staff. They furnished us with directions for finding office supplies groceries store and dinner suggestions. The manager and Jennifer at the front desk stood out the most to me and my crew. Also I would have to say that the housekeeping staff was also very friendly. They always said hello and asked us if we needed anything. I would have to say I would stay here again and I will when back in this area.

Thanks to all
Brent

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
El Monte, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Staying here with in April 2013 was cool because we are not very picky but we do pay attention to the small details.

Melissa was very pleasant upon check-in and Jennifer's customer services was excellent upon check-out.

I'm a stickler on customer and Jennifer delivered! There are a lot of eating places around because you are not far from the mall.

The one thing we were concerned about was the smell of the room although not the worse it wasn't as pleasant as I thought it should of been.

It was a non-smoking room (#142) but it had a stale smell to it like someone was smoking in it.

Other than that our stay was very good I would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a travel Nurse and I am constantly staying in hotels on a daily and or monthly basis. I have been here since Dec 2012. Staying here at the Extended Stay America in Ontario, Ca has definitely been a great experience. The staff and managers have been so wonderful! Muhammad, Jennifer, Rigo, and June are always a pleasure to see. They are always so thoughtful and go over and beyond the call of duty to work with you and make you stay stress free. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting in this area!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions as a last resort when nothing else is available, Bad experiences with the staff they seemed indifferent and sometimes even bothered or put out by their customers,
Not accomidating at all. However the last 2 times I have stayed here Melissa has checked me in and both times she was awesome,,,,a real sweetie!

C

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments about the service that Melissa provided to you during your stay. It's great to hear that our associates are providing the service you deserve. Again, thank you for th review and we look forward to your next stay with us in Ontario.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!