“Everything I need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3990 East Inland Empire Boulevard, Ontario, CA 91764   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Ontario, California
“Everything I need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here now for 3 weeks and I find everything to be more than expected. I love having a kitchenette to be able to fix things I want without leaving the hotel. The full size fridge is a plus in that respect. I am going to stay here a total of 2 to 3 months while I work on a local project I am involved with and after stays at other local hotels, have found ths to suit my needs best. Mohamid and the staff at this hotel are efficient, curtious and always helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any and all my friends...Thank you everyone here. Jim P.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that Mohammed and the rest of the staff provide great and friendly service to make your stay more comfortable. It's also great to hear that you find our well equipped kitchens a benefit to you during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your continued business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been working on a project since mid December and most of my stays have been at Extended Stay hotels. Although I don't use the kitchen most of the time it's nice to have the facilities available if wanted. I like the fact I can spread out my paperwork using the table & in most cases the extended countertop. This location was as clean as expected and the staff was more than pleasant when there was any contact with them. I had planned to stay for two nights but called to check in early which was handled wihout any problem. If back in the area I would stay at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our associates customer service and the overall experience. I'm so pleased that the associates were able to handle your early check in without any issues. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Ontario!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for a month, jan-feb 2013 while relocating for my job. The staff there was phenomenal! Always so friendly and helpful and by the end Of my stay they felt like family! The room service was great and very accommodating to my schedule! Will refer to my friends and family!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that we could be of assistance to you during your transitiion. It's great to hear that the associates made you feel like family during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

NO ice machine, NO maid service, NO toiletries, NO blow dryer, NOT possible to cook in their 'kitchens,' NO muffins, NO coffee. I know it's an Extended Stay and therefore a 'home away from home' (their words) but if I had to live here I'd shoot myself. If I'm paying more than $100 a night I expect a few things. It's true there are ice cube trays in the room but I wanted a cold drink when I checked in. We had to go back out and buy ice! The 'grab and go' breakfast was pathetic. Out of muffins AND coffee our second morning. I will never stay in any Extended Stay America ever again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.  The housekeeping and maintenance issues you described in your review are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.  To prevent this from happening again, I am sharing a copy of your review with the staff at the hotel to make sure your experience is not repeated in the future.  I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.  I hope that you will contact me directly, at cyong@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.  We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel, and at first it seems like a normal average priced room,boy was I wrong. First when folding down the the comforter I noticed a dark brown smudge on the comforter and a yellow streak down it, maybe like someone had an accident, I was pretty grossed out so I took the comforter off the bed and put it on the floow and when I told the front desk about it all I got was an "oh I'm sorry about that" I am sure if the lady at the front desk had something gross like that in her room she would have reacted a little differently. Also this hotel is incredibly loud, if I need to get rest it is not the place to do it. I dont know if the people above me were putting bags down or body slamming eachother either way sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling. A few more things, the shower to bath switching system on the faucet is incredibly sharp, my husband cut his finger just trying to turn on the shower :( not safe for kids for sure, and after cutting his finger he was greeted by a huge black spider...not to mention the beds here are INCREDIBLY HARD!
Lets just say I am glad my stay here will be over in 4 hours and I will be going somewhere a little more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.  I sincerely apologize that we failed to communicate our weekly housekeeping services and some of the amenities you missed which at our hotel are normally provided at the front desk. As for  the breakfast I am really sorry we failed to refill and upkeep our breakfast area on time.  I am taking all necessary actions with the staff to ensure that this issue does not happen again in the future.  I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.  If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cyong@extendedstay.com.  We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have been staying in Extended Stay America, 3990 Inland Empire Blvd, Ontario, CA, for an extended period of time.
First, all common areas are filthy. Hallways are not vacuumed regularly. Trash rooms on all floors are regularly overflowing with trash. Outside common areas are filthy with trash cans overflowing.
This past Saturday evening, someone spilled a 7-Up soft drink in the 1st floor stairway. As of Wednesday morning, the spill still had not been mopped nor cleaned nor even noticed by management.
The trees surrounding the property shed large amounts of small yellow blossoms that are tracked into the alternate entrances to the hotel. I know for a fact that these hallway areas can go 5 days or longer between being vacuumed by staff.
The signage in the lobby states that "Breakfast between 6:00 am and 9:30am." The staff regularly does not get the coffee/breakfast out until 6:30am. Even then, the coffee regularly runs out after just 15 minutes.
One would believe that a hotel would have top line vacuums. The housekeeping staff is equipped with poor vacuums that do not work properly. I know this for a fact as I regularly need to 'borrow' a vacuum from the front desk. This is even after the housekeeper has cleaned the room. The vacuums lights regularly indicate "Bag Full" and do not pick up lint nor debris.
Toilet paper also seems to always be in short supply. Housekeepers do not regularly leave soap, shampoo, boxed tissue nor any other conveniences unless directly asked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. I can assure you that I have brought the issues you mentioned, such as the lack of coffee, spills and common area cleanliness to the attention of both the property management and hotel staff so that we rectify the issue and make future stays more comfortable.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm) other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Where to start?

1. The toaster was filthy.
2. The 'cooking utensils' consisted of a scanty collection of mismatched flatware and two saucepans that had seen better days. No spatulas, no stirring spoons, nothing to attend anything that might need cooking.
3. The carpet was filthy. I took off my toddler's shoes and socks and let him run around while we were unpacking. I picked him up five minutes later to put him in his portable crib and the bottoms of his feet were dark grey.
4. There was no soap of any kind in the kitchen or on the sink in the bathroom. There was one tiny bar in the shower, probably insufficient for a single guest staying a single night and wholly inadequate for a family of three staying four nights.
5. The 'one bedroom suite', which we paid extra for so my toddler would have his own room to fall asleep in, was a single room half divided by a half wall, and there was nothing 'suite' about it.
6. All common areas of the hotel and several areas in our room (the bathroom and the windows) smelled strongly of cigarette smoke.
7. Other guests were easily audible through the shared walls in our rooms, and as my toddler was frequently upset by the lack of freedom to run around and took quite a long time to fall asleep in the shared place (when he slept at all) I'm sure it wasn't any more pleasant for them than it was for us.
8. The bed groaned and creaked any time either of us shifted. It was lumpy, uneven and at a slight angle, which meant even when the little one had fallen asleep we didn't get much rest.
9. There were no ice machines.
10. The 'grab and go' breakfast consisted of sweaty plastic-wrapped muffins and ancient fruit.
11. We had to check out very early (5:30am) and the desk clerk was too busy mopping the lobby floor to print us a receipt. She just asked for our room number and then said 'oh, you're fine' and waved us out the door. We were so eager to leave we just let it go and decided we'd dispute any overcharges through our credit card company.

This was one of the least pleasant hotel stays I've ever had, and I was once a professional traveler. We will not be staying at an Extended Stay America ever again and we will be relating this experience to every person who will sit still long enough to listen.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.

We offer a "Grab and Go" breakfast to all of our guests. This morning treat is more along the lines of deluxe coffee bar and not a full fledge meal. As well, we offer basic amenities for our guests to enjoy, which does not include shampoo or other toiletries. We do, however, offer a variety of sundries behind the Front Desk. They are complimentary and handed out upon request. Upon check-in, it is the staff's responsibility to relay this information to our guests, which seems to have not been the case for you.

Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!