“Fairfiled Ontario” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Oakland, CA
“Fairfiled Ontario”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Fairfield chain targets a pretty basic level, and this hotel nails it.
Although the hotel does not have a workout room, they have set up a relationship with a nearby gym. It is a bit less convenient, but absolutely gets the job done - probably as easily as what most of us have at home.
The room was completely fine. Construction cost was kept down by using an cabinet rather than building out a closet - not an issue.
Breakfast offers most of the usual range with hot and cold options.
The staff is engaging and friendly.
This is a great option for a reasonable night's lodging.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Dear David B.,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It was great to hear that my staff was engaging and friendly and gave you great customer service. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our off-site gym and keep your work out routine even when traveling. We look forward to serving you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was in Ontario to conduct Onsite HazMat Employee and Hazardous Waste Personnel training for an area business. The hotel was chosen for its proximity to my client, the highway system, and the airport; it's location is excellent. From the moment I walked into the lobby I felt welcome and appreciated by the staff. Fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning and fruit-infused water in the afternoon. Checking into my clean room on the south side of the hotel (see my note about that below) I found several nice personal touches (see my photos). Not much, just things that make a business trip feel more personal. From my experience, the free breakfast in the morning was excellent with a variety of hot and cold offerings: yogurt, fresh and frozen fruit, waffles, eggs, sausage, pastries, cereals, juice & coffee. All this and the price was not unreasonable: $290.25 for three nights after all taxes and fees. I will stay at this hotel again when I return to Ontario for USDOT or RCRA training.

Room Tip: Some reviews mention traffic noise, and it is close to the US Highway 10. I did not hear any noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for an amazing review. I am so happy our location was great for your business needs. You are a valued guest and my staff wanted to show that to you with all of those little personal touches. We are awaiting your Ontario USDOT or RCRA training, so that we can see you again!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for two days for an assembly I was attending in the area, we chose it because of the low price. Very pleasantly surprised about this place. It was clean, bed was comfortable enough, and decent complimentary breakfast (I have seen a lot worse). For the price, I cant complain at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn while in the area for the opening round of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross at Glen Helen Park. The hotel is average but conveniently located to the interstate system. About an hour from LAX and 15 minutes from Glen Helen. Unfortunately, the proximity to the interstate also makes for a noisy night while trying to rest.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy our hotel was close to Glen Helen for you. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the freeway noise. I hope you will give us a second chance to impress you in the near future where I will make sure you receive a room away from the freeway.

Desiree M.
us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and the second was just as good as the first. About 15 minutes from the Claremont Colleges, and significantly less expensive than staying in Claremont. Very clean, working iron and hairdryer.

Green Features: Even though we checked out on time, they stored 10 suitcases and other bags without hesitation, at no cost, and let us hang by the pool for hours.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Welcome Back! We were so happy to serve you again and that your stay was as good as the first. It was our pleasure to hold your bags for you so that you could enjoy the amazing weather in southern California by the pool. I will pass along all your positive comments to my staff!

Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very convenient. Clean, friendly staff. Easy to get to with ample parking. Identified me as a rewards member when I checked in. I didn't like that the hotel rooms were exterior. I like to stay in hotels that have interior corridors. The room was a bit musty but it could be because the air wasn't on when I checked in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and for being a valued Marriott rewards member! We were so happy to hear you had a nice stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the air conditioner not being on when you arrived, please be assured we will correct this. We hope you will stay with us again and I will make sure you receive a room on the 3rd floor, which does have interior entrances.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at four different Marriott properties (two Fairfields and two SpringHills) on my recent California vacation. To be absolutely honest, I expected this to be my least favorite of the four. I haven't patronized one of the old school Fairfield Inns (three floors, with two of them being exterior corridor) in over ten years. However, I was quite happy with Fairfield Inn Ontario, and it turned out to be my favorite stay of the trip. The staff was extremely competent and friendly, and the room was very comfortable--with a soft bed, nice TV, good furnishings, microwave, and fridge. The common areas and breakfast were also top notch. However, what impressed me the most was how my Marriott Guest Rewards elite status was acknowledged and appreciated. The little touches like preparing the room with the towel animal, welcome greeting, and free beverage really stood out to me. I rarely get this treatment at full service Marriotts, much less Fairfields. This is truly a gem of a property. I'll be staying again during my next visit to the Inland Empire in August.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Desiree M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! We are so pleased we were able to impress you with our extra touches. We truly believe it’s the little things that count the most. Thank you for recognizing our hardworking and dedicated team. We truly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Been to Fairfield Inn Ontario? Share your experiences!