“Stayed overnight awaiting departure from ONT” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
The Villages, Florida
“Stayed overnight awaiting departure from ONT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed overnight due to an early departure from ONT. Chose Fairfield because I was sure of Marriott quality while not wanting any more than a quiet room...wouldn't even have a chance to eat the free breakfast. Anyway, after giving front-desk clerk a few problems since first room had a/c problems, I was given a good room on the 3rd floor. I must give an A+++ rating to Elizabeth (front desk clerk) as she worked hard to find me a room where I'd feel safe and secure. She never questioned my request, just found me a room matching my requirements. Also, Carlos, the handyman was a great help. He said the a/c problem couldn't be fixed immediately so went to front desk to get me the keys to my new room! He even helped me move my luggage.

As a solo female traveler, I insisted on a room where I would feel safest...has to be 3rd floor at this location as can only be accessed by an interior hallway. Other floors have outside room entrances. You have to use your room key-card to access elevator; which made me feel even safer.

The hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle...instead calls a local cab. They pay the cab both from-and-to ONT. I set up for cab pick-up when I registered, and know it'll be waiting for me at 5 am.

There are a few places to get lunch and dinner nearby if you are without a car like I am. I plan on walking the half-block to the TGI-Fridays for a light dinner.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor for indoor access to rooms by interior hallway. Request a room as far from I-10 as...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Easy to get to, right off the 10 freeway. We had a room facing the freeway and were concerned about noise, but once the door is closed you don't hear much (it's pretty loud out in the parking lot). The A/C unit is a bit loud however. I bid on priceline and got the room for a great price. Pool area is a bit small, but quite nice, and the pool was heated. Free wifi in the room worked well. Also free cookies at check in :) The bed/pillows are very nice and everything in the room worked well. Our room had a microwave and fridge. Nice cable TV.

There is a TGI Friday restaurant walking distance, and Panda Inn right next door. We ordered a Pizza from Joey's Pizza one night (recommended by front desk) and it was really good, and fast delivery.

The free breakfast buffet was very nice. Lots to choose from, and nice seating area. Although on Sunday morning there was about 40 people all trying to get breakfast at the same time, so it was difficult to get anything.

Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: You need a room key to access the 3rd floor, so I assume the rooms are nicer up there? Or away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night before a flight. When I arrived at the airport I called for the shuttle and they said to seek a certain taxi company and they would transport me to the hotel and the hotel would pay them. I was a bit taken back, but it worked well. The hotel is close to the airport.

The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. A nice warm welcome. The rooms were very nice and very clean. There are some places to eat within walking distance. No complaints about this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to the rental car agency and airport for my early morning flight out of Ontario. I arrived in the afternoon and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel and property is very clean and well-kept. The rooms on the third floor are interior corridor rooms, while the rooms on the first and second floors are outside corridor rooms. I requested an inside corridor. The room (335) itself was very comfortable and clean. The only drawback was the bed - the right side of the mattress was sunk in and was like laying in a hole, as if everyone who had ever slept in the bed slept on that side and just wore it down. Luckily, it was king-sized bed so I slept on the left side. Not a big enough deal to warrant a room change since I was the only person in it. However, I did mention this when I checked out, so management is aware and should rectify the problem. Noise wasn't really a problem. I did faintly hear planes taking off/landing, but it is near the airport and is not loud enough to keep you awake. Also, I was on the top floor, so perhaps the lower floors don't hear the planes as much. I heard nothing from the freeway. The breakfast the next morning looked good, but the eggs were kind of rubbery. But there are other alternatives such as waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit and pastries. Truthfully, I wasn't really in the mood for breakfast so early. I would probably stay there again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: There are three floors, with the bottom 2 floors being outside corridor rooms and the top floor insi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mesa, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find hotel off I-10. We had a back room away from freeway and noise wasn't a problem! Great value with breakfast! Nice stopover! Well worth the price! Rooms were clean, staff helpful & courteous! I would recommend it to value travelers!

• Stayed July 2013
Monterey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Came back with my son on a weeknd to attend a college event at U of Redlands. This was a somewhat better stay than the first, but I have some good and bad points. Postitive notes were the room was clean, updated and on the 3rd floor (best location and freeway noise was minimal). Breakfast was ok...your standard fare - nothing fancy (cereals, breakfast breads, fruit, coffee, juice, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage). Front Desk reception was nice, VERY helpful with needs and pleasant.
On a negative note, air conditioner in the room was noisy and room smelled like popcorn when we arrived (not really a big deal). However, I somewhat did not feel safe at that property. When my son and I walked back from a local restaurant across the parking lot (around 9:30pm), some kids were lighting off firecrackers in the parking lot and running away, a female (sort of "shady" looking) was hanging around the entrance and outside the elevators. On the 3rd floor, near the elevator there is a small outdoor sitting area which we had to pass to get to our guestroom. Guests had open cases of beer, smoking and some others had brought their own cocktails...kinda made me feel uncomfortable which made me think there was going to be a noise issue. Thank goodness there wasn't. When I asked the Front Desk agent if there was any security personnel on property, she said there wasn't. Not a good feeling... Glad we were there for only a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location and away from the freeway (preferably on the 3rd floor).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We reserved and paid for a room and it was confirmed through Expedia. We arrived at the Hotel at about 11:45 PM and after driving hours couldn't wait to get in the room and get some sleep! We unpacked the car and proceeded inside to the front desk where there was one family check-in ahead of us. I over heard the desk clerk tell them that they unfortunately over booked and did not have a clean room available. Next was us! Same story no clean room available at 11:45PM at night and we had already paid and received confirmation for the room. They said they would refund the credit card payment the next day and call the Double Tree a few miles away for another room for us? I asked if it would be for the same price and they said they could not guarantee it. The second front desk clerk went to check the rooms and came back and said they were all dirty! The guests ahead of us left the Hotel and I demanded to talk with a manager. They handed me a business card of the manager with the same number of the hotel. I demanded again to speak with a manager but I was told she was probably asleep so I said I have no problems waking her up. Eventually I was able to talk to a manager and after a short heated conversation about me not paying any more for the double tree they wanted to send me to, and I demanded the Fairfield pay the difference, she instructed me to give the phone back to the front desk clerk. After a very short conversation ...ALLTHE SUDDEN I WAS TOLD THERE WAS A ROOM AVAILABLE FOR MY FAMILY???? They proceeded to check us in and we were given a nice room and all was OK!
MY QUESTION IS WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WE WENT FROM NO ROOM TO A ROOM ONLY AFTER A HUGE HASSTLE!

DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL....RIDICULIOUS! BAD AND BESARE PORCEEDURES!!!
Still don't know how they turned people away to within 10 minutes finding rooms for those that stayed? Expedia offered this room at a much lower rate than the Hotel itself so I am assuming they did not want to take the discounted rates and hope for more? Everything in the area was booked before we found Fairfield Inn?

Room Tip: 3RD floor only!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Ontario? Share your experiences!