We were a little wary of staying at this hotel when we pulled in since it was located so close to the freeway but it was the city we needed to be in (Ontario) and the hotel was a Fairfield by Marriott afterall so we entered and I am happy to say that we were pleasantly suprised.
Room, Sleep and Beds
You can tell the hotel is older but it is clean and looks well maintained. I'm pretty nitpicky about cleanliness and this property was definitely cared for. The room was fairly basic with updated decor so pleasant but no "wow" factor which was perfectly fine by me.
I don't always sleep well even at home (with earplugs, white noise and a sleep mask). So, being away from home and seeing the freeway so near the hotel I was pretty worried. It was quite loud when we got out of the car so I thought to myself, I guess I won't be sleeping. However, once inside the hotel it wasn't nearly so loud and I ended up sleeping well (I did have my earplugs in though). Now you are going to think I'm totally neurotic, and you're probably right, but I also bring my own 2 pillows when we travel in our own car. So I had lugged them along on this trip for the previous 3 Marriott's we stayed at and brought them into the room here as well. However, after trying out the pillows at this hotel I found them really comfortable so didn't bother to unpack my pillows. The hotel pillows were firm but not too firm and in the end, I really wanted to find out where they got them because I liked them that much and thought I might replace one of mine with one like they had at the hotel! Ok, enough about my sleep neurosis. :D
It was AMAZING! Hard boiled eggs, waffles from a batter dispenser and nifty waffle maker with timer so you know when they are done, 2 kinds of yogurt (activia and yoplait light), 2 kinds of breakfast sandwiches (regular and reduced fat), fresh whole fruit (apples, bananas) cereal, toast, bagel, pastries, coffee, tea and 2 juices. The lady that kept the breakfast items stocked and breakfast area cleaned was so nice and did such an excellent job. I was really, really impressed and tipped her!
Front desk staff were friendly, efficicient and helpful. The breakfast lady I already mentioned was fantastic. They had cookies available in the afternoon which was really nice.
So as you already know it is near a freeway. It is also located in a business district so not much directly around the hotel but business bldgs. but there was plenty of good restarants and shops close by so this isn't an issue if you are staying longer than an overnight.
Unlike most Marriott's, this hotel does not have a gym on site but if you ask the front desk, they will give you a paper with directions to a local gym close by that you can get a complimentary pass to visit during your stay.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairfield Inn - Ontario Hotel Ontario
- The Fairfield Inn - Ontario Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Ontario
- Fairfield Ontario
- Ontario Fairfield Inn
- Ontario Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn - Ontario is your Southern California business and vacation hotel, delivering extended stay amenities, friendly service and a central location to Ontario Airport, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario Mills Mall, and the California Speedway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Fairfield Inn - Ontario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.