“Suprising gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
“Suprising gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were a little wary of staying at this hotel when we pulled in since it was located so close to the freeway but it was the city we needed to be in (Ontario) and the hotel was a Fairfield by Marriott afterall so we entered and I am happy to say that we were pleasantly suprised.

Room, Sleep and Beds
You can tell the hotel is older but it is clean and looks well maintained. I'm pretty nitpicky about cleanliness and this property was definitely cared for. The room was fairly basic with updated decor so pleasant but no "wow" factor which was perfectly fine by me.

I don't always sleep well even at home (with earplugs, white noise and a sleep mask). So, being away from home and seeing the freeway so near the hotel I was pretty worried. It was quite loud when we got out of the car so I thought to myself, I guess I won't be sleeping. However, once inside the hotel it wasn't nearly so loud and I ended up sleeping well (I did have my earplugs in though). Now you are going to think I'm totally neurotic, and you're probably right, but I also bring my own 2 pillows when we travel in our own car. So I had lugged them along on this trip for the previous 3 Marriott's we stayed at and brought them into the room here as well. However, after trying out the pillows at this hotel I found them really comfortable so didn't bother to unpack my pillows. The hotel pillows were firm but not too firm and in the end, I really wanted to find out where they got them because I liked them that much and thought I might replace one of mine with one like they had at the hotel! Ok, enough about my sleep neurosis. :D

Breakfast
It was AMAZING! Hard boiled eggs, waffles from a batter dispenser and nifty waffle maker with timer so you know when they are done, 2 kinds of yogurt (activia and yoplait light), 2 kinds of breakfast sandwiches (regular and reduced fat), fresh whole fruit (apples, bananas) cereal, toast, bagel, pastries, coffee, tea and 2 juices. The lady that kept the breakfast items stocked and breakfast area cleaned was so nice and did such an excellent job. I was really, really impressed and tipped her!

Front desk staff were friendly, efficicient and helpful. The breakfast lady I already mentioned was fantastic. They had cookies available in the afternoon which was really nice.

Location
So as you already know it is near a freeway. It is also located in a business district so not much directly around the hotel but business bldgs. but there was plenty of good restarants and shops close by so this isn't an issue if you are staying longer than an overnight.

Unlike most Marriott's, this hotel does not have a gym on site but if you ask the front desk, they will give you a paper with directions to a local gym close by that you can get a complimentary pass to visit during your stay.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monroe, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have always been a fan of Marriott Hotels and for a good reason. The room was very nice with a beautiful view of the mountains. I would suggest a room on higher floors so you have inside room entry. Their breakfast was a very good continental style breakfast that met our needs. The only downfall is finding the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night, but I wish I was there for a week. The associates were great, bed was amazingly comfy, Internet was fast, tv was great, the hotel was quiet and clean. This is what a hotel should be like.
If you arrive or depart from ONT airport, the hotel gives your voucher for the taxi ride (all of 5 minutes). That's a nice extra perk. If I'm back in Ontario, this is my choice.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Check in was super fast and easy. Great front desk crew throughout our stay. This facility has been rehabbed and has really improved the breakfast area with loads of extra room and seating.
The rooms have been rehabbed as well and are extra clean. Extra security provided with having to use your room key to get the elevator to operate. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was provided at no extra charge and was of good variety of food. Check out was very easy and fast. Parking was plentiful. Hotel is easy to find off of I-10. Hotel pays for taxi from Ontario airport.

All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This property was a little difficult to find, but very enjoyable. Despite being very close to the freeway, we weren't bothered by noise. It is an older property, but the rooms had been updated, and were very comfortable and clean. The staff is very friendly. My only complaint is that the halls are all outdoors, and the only elevator is at quite a distance from our room, so we just carried our luggage up the stairs that were more conveniently located to the third floor. I much prefer interior corridors. Still, that wouldn't stop me from staying here again if I was in the area. It was very convenient to the Convention Center, where we were going for a show. Good breakfast, nice breakfast room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My daughter and i stayed there the day before we returned home, and wanted to get to the airport quickly. It was convenient, clean and very nice rooms. The bonus is the fresh cookies they bake and keep by the front Desk. The staff were great, and we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
UNIONTOWN, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was hesitant to book this hotel because the price was so much less than some of the other hotels near the airport but took a chance. I am so glad that I did! The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the hotel but actually use the yellow cab service to transport guests. Be sure to let the desk know when you are checking out that you need a ride so they can schedule the service. I left in the morning before they offered their free breakfast but they provided a breakfast bag at no charge instead. The room was a standard room and was clean. The room had a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was verty comfortable. Some of the rooms at this hotel have an outside entrance but mine did not. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. It is a half mile from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Ontario? Share your experiences!