“You Don't Get What You Want” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Bakersfield, California
“You Don't Get What You Want”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Where do I begin? That’s a difficult question since this is one of the three worst accommodations at which I have ever stayed. It is partly my fault since I didn’t have much advance notice of the need for a room (only three days). My first choices were either full or didn’t have a non-smoking room when I made the reservation. The room I booked here was supposed to have free wi-fi, a view of the pool, a coffee maker, an iron & ironing board, a 32” television, HBO, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, an MP3 jack and was also supposed to be a ‘newer’ room.
Luckily I have a habit of looking at the room I’m being given, prior to checking in. I was grateful for that habit when I found the first room had an old 27” cathode ray tube television. The room was dirty, the carpet was very dirty and VERY worn. The bathroom had holes or possibly burn holes in the linoleum flooring. I immediately went back to the front desk, asking what else they had. The desk clerk stated they didn’t have any more rooms with a pool view or the other amenities as they had some guests check-in in the last two days who were given those rooms and hadn’t yet vacated them. I asked if the manager was in and was told he would return in a half hour. I requested he call me when he returned and I left the clerk with my cell number. I never received a call. In fact, upon our return to the property after an evening out, I was told the manager wouldn’t be returning until Tuesday, after the holiday. The room I was eventually given was better, if only a bit better.
The carpet wasn’t quite as worn and not quite as dirty. There was a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, though I doubt it was a 32”. Most likely a 27". There was no coffee maker nor iron & ironing board. There was also no MP3 jack, nor a view of the pool. The view from the very dirty window was of a metal roof with badly peeling paint. Most channels on the television had poor reception with lots of ‘snow’. The crown moulding looked as if it had been recently installed by an inept do-it-yourselfer. It was painted with a gloss paint, was poorly seamed, and had not been caulked where it failed to meet the ceiling. Honestly, my 12 year old son could have done a better job on his first try had I been coaching him on the how-to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Richmond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

stairwells had funky smell, breakfast was meager and pathetic, afraid of walking barefoot on carpet for fear of what I might catch; staff was friendly although pit bull behind front desk was unnerving

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for four nights on business. Nice and quiet. The staff were really friendly. I found the hotel very unique and a great value. The location is also close to 10 fwy and minutes from Ontario Airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on third floor away from 4th st. Much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for one night. I was on a business trip. I made the reservation through Expedia.com, looking for the most inexpensive hotel in the area as I would only be sleeping there for a few hours before I was on my way. Pleasant check in with a choice of smoking or non smoking. The staff is very kind and helpful and check in was quick and painless. There was some graffitti on some of the parking spaces which was a little concern about the neighborhood
The hotel has free parking, internet and a continental breakfast. My non smoking room was very clean, especially the bathroom. It had an LCD flat screen tv with remote, a microwave and small fridge in the room. Bed was very comfortable The internet worked very well and the room was good for the night. However the carpet, though clean, was very stained and torn in some places. Otherwise, it was fine. I didn't really care as I was only there to sleep for a few hours.
Got up the next morning, bathroom worked well. The breakfast was fine and very sufficient for my needs.

Room Tip: My room was on the street side, but very quiet. I guess any room would be okay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Before booking this hotel, i had read the reviews. There were many positive reviews, but i should of listened more to the negative reviews. When i arrived and was being checked into the hotel, i saw a man run out of the hotel and started to vomit in front of the hotel entrance. I turned to the front desk receptionist and said, " i think that guy is vomitting in front of your hotel". The response was that he better clean it up. That's when i knew that i made a huge mistake by staying here. Too late to cancel, so i tried to stay positive. The 1st floor smelled awful. The 3rd floor did not smell. so that was a positive. Walking into the room, it was dirty. It needs a MAJOR overhaul. The walls are stained, cracked, smeared, and written on. The sofa was disgusting, dirty It needs to be in the trash. . Being in a non-smoking i grabbed the cigarette stained burnt comforter from the bed and covered the sofa. The end tables, table and coffee table were dirty. The T.V.remote battery cover is being held by a BANDAIDE!! So GROSS!!. The positive, there is a mini fridge and microwave. The bed is very firm and uncomfortable. My boyfriend called it the "concrete bed". There is a K-Mart and a fast food restaurant across the street. Oh, And lucky me i get stuck next door to a couple who is arguing, yelling and slamming the door several times.. So if this is all you can afford, good luck and hope your stay is better. Next time I would rather pay an extra $20 a night and stay at a Comfort Inn. I booked it for two nights but leaving the next day. I would rather lose the money and than stay here another night..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have ben in 3rd world countries that my room was nicer i asked for a refund as soon as i seen my room and they said no but did offer me air freshener.im not going to say more im going to show you pictures

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE, DO NOT STAY HERE! While walking to our room we smelled nothing but Marijuana. They offered us air freshener. Nasty people live here, crack heads, etc. We begged for our money back but they refused. Concrete is what their beds are made of. Crack pipe burn holes in the nasty, dirty floors. I was scared to walk on it barefoot and wouldn't. I am very disgusted and will NEVER stay in this dive again.

• Stayed July 2012