“Night From Hell!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Chicago, Illinois
“Night From Hell!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I made arrangements for two adjoining rooms because I was traveling with my 80 and 83 year old mother and God mother and disabled military friend. We were traveling to the hotel from 240 miles away. We arrived at around 9:30pm and were told that I could not have the internet rate because of the car event in town. Also, we could not have a late check-out because of the car event. Our rooms were several rooms apart and not adjoining. They did not have any other rooms so we were stuck with the rooms they gave us and I was so tired from driving I did not have the energy to fight for justice. I then asked the front desk staff if I could print out our tickets. He said that he could do it for me and I asked if I could print them my self because I needed to access my personal e-mail account for the confirmation numbers. He said no, and I asked if the hotel might have a guest computer I could use; he said, only in the business center and that is closed. I asked him to please let me use the computer-- hesitantly, and with attitude he gave me a card but let me know that he did not need to do this for me and he was doing me a favor. Some favor--I went to use the computer in the business center and the printer did not work. I went back to the office and asked the same clerk to help fix the printer, which he did after several attempts. Then the printer ran out of paper and I had to go back to the office for more paper. While I was looking for paper 4 black men drinking beer and smoking drugs came into the business center and sat down at the other computer. I completed my printing process and went back to the front desk to let them know what just happened and they said they would take care of it. Then when walking back to my room I observed a few guests in the pool blasting Frank Sinatra music at round 10:30pm; I turned around and walked back to the front desk and told the front desk clerk who said they would send the security to check it out. Again, I walked back to my room and as I approached my room I observed a group of male and female whites (4-6) drinking beer and hanging outside of their vehicles in front of my hotel room. I called the front desk to let them know what was going on and they said they would send the security. This never happened-- go figure! If this was not enough to endure, I tried to get some rest for my 8 hour plane ride home the next day when a domestic fight broke out in the room next door I called the front desk at 11:45 pm and they said they would send security. Again, that never happened. I am not even sure they have security at this hotel. Anyway, the domestic became worse and it sounded like someone was being beaten so I called the font desk and DEMANDED they call the REAL POLICE this time. The police arrived and did not arrest anyone. The police told the guests next door to quiet down because complaints were being made from the room next-door. Great, I guess the police wanted to endanger our lives too. When the police left the quests next-door were furious with me and began to make noise and play their TV all night very loud. The very thin walls at this hotel did not help matters. Needless to say, I did not get any rest nor did my friend rooming with me. My mother and God mother said they were so tired they were able to sleep thank GOD. In the morning around 8:00 am I called to speak with the manager that wound not be back until Monday. I explained to the assistant manager everything that had occurred. I was afforded a refund for my room but not for my mother’s room. I don't understand why since this entire process was untenable. I have never in my life experienced this kind of trash service in a Best Western. This is by far one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Did I forget to mention that I was traveling with two elderly women and both my friend and I are disabled military/police. I will do everything in my power to spread the word on the service of this hotel and the way they treat the elderly and disabled.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orangevale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on my way to Tucson, AZ from Sacramento, CA
The room was very clean, comfortable and large. The buffet breakfast included in price was a delightful change from the typical "breakfast" included in other hotel prices.
Look forward to staying at this hotel in future trips. It is close to stores and restaurants. They even still have a Krispy Kreme nearby. I had my small dog with me and the room "smells" did not affect her allergies.

• Stayed October 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

At check in you will find the staff and the lobby to be very nice and comfortable no problems with that at all. As far as the room goes, the room was very spacious and clean and by all means a good value for the price. Where the problems lie it seems that the walls are very thin and you are able to hear everything that goes on in the room next door to you. I wanted a non smoking room and the problem that I had was on the second night the room next to me was a smoking room with a adjoining door so I had to get towels under the door to stop the smell of smoke from taking over my room. On the second night of my stay when I woke I found that my vehicle along with several other had been broken into and my belongings stolen, at the time of check in I had asked about the safety of the parking of my commercial vehicle and was told its very safe. Come to find out the motel has been having a problem with vehicles being broken into, if I would have been told that I could have parked in a secure area instead I am out $1500 with there insurance denying a claim. This is one Best Western Diamond Elite cutomer who along with 20 other fellow co workers that will be using my Holiday Inn priority card. Checked In 07/31/10 Cheched Out 08/02/10

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

We had an early flight the next morning, so we were here basically to sleep. The location to the airport was great, as was their shuttle service. The rooms were very nice, tho a bit small. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, roomy, and had a beautiful sink. It also has toiletries/hairdryer & coffee maker. The hotel was walking distance to IN-N-OUT. For those who have never eaten there, IN-N-OUT is THE best burger place in the world!!! Whatever burger you choose, have it "Animal Style". I had trouble printing out our boarding passes using their business center computers, so they generously allowed me to use the front desk computers. The staff is one of the best I've come across! There were 2 things I would change. The bathroom doesn't have a fan, and the lights above the sink are timers, and make the area too warm after 5 minutes or so. The room air conditioner doesn't have a constant fan option, which meant it kept going on & off all night. I'm one who is a very light sleeper, and needs the noise of a fan all night tho, so that's the only reason I didn't sleep well. Overall, our stay was great!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Great hotel for the price. I enjoyed using the FREE shuttle provided, there's a park less than 2 miles from the hotel, the outlet mall is close by and great places to eat. The staff is friendly and willing to shuttle you anytime. The metro-link is also within the shuttle delivery ..you can take the metro-link for a day-trip to Los Angeles. Comfortable rooms, large bathroom, and great breakfast. I was a bit worried about it being a exterior room but its in an excellent location. No problems...will book again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Good sized rooms, wifi, easy check-in and check-out. Huge comfortable bed. Easy access to airport. Free breakfast included with multiple selections. Very comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I travel at least 5 times a month for my job, and this hotel is great! I would compare it to a Marriott. I was in town for a convention going on at the Ontario Convention Center. The hotel is in a great location, across the street from the Convention Center and less than one mile for the Ontario International Airport. The rooms are completely brand new and have a relaxing feel to them. The breakfast was great there was a lot of variety of fruits and breads. Anyone going to Ontario, California should stay there!

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!