“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 hotels in Ontario
USA
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just came back from a 3 nights stay at the Sheraton Ontario. We were at the executive level. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

We enjoyed the breakfast every morning. The food was good and having the club lounge just a few feet from our room was great.
The lady was really nice and every morning we were greeted with a huge smile and a cheerful good morning.

The hors d'oeuvres were not that fantastic but overall not bad. Service here was very good too. I asked for crackers and the lady rushed downstairs to bring me back some.

Although there was a big wedding and a class reunion, we never suffered from the noise. I am very picky on noisy hotels and in this case, I have nothing but good comments.

The bed was fine although a bit hard for us. We are the kind who travel with a feather bed...

When we arrived the AC was too cold and the command panel on the unit did not respond. We called the reception and a maintenance tech was here in minutes. To tell us that the command panel in on the wall and the one on the unit is disabled. Duh ;)
He spent time to show us how it works.
Overall, everyone we met at the hotel was friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable.

Parking was easy and free. We did not use the pool.
One time we thought about going to their restaurant but the room was empty and we decided to go out.

The cherry on the cake: we paid with Starwood points and the whole stay was free.
If we ever have to come back in the area, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stay 2nights here all staff helpful room is very clean just a little noises from the air condition .Hot tub and swimming pool are wonderful but I don'n like some people smoking at pool a area over all we have a nice vacation with my puppy:)

Room Tip: When you check in make sure a/c in your room not too noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was here with my husband in mid September to attend a local event. We booked a room in the Club Level to take advantage of the breakfast. We actually liked the north facing mountain view of the room, the bed was comfortable, and we enjoyed our breakfast unlike the couple next to us who kept constantly yelling and scolding the poor hotel worker at the Club Lounge about how bad the eggs were. However, we also experienced some not so pleasant events during our stay. It's clear that the hotel needs some serious renovation. The A/C unit is extremely loud, which is OK as long as we can turn it off, but the controller did not work, and we were freezing. When we called the maintenance, the "engineer" came by several times to fix the issue, but couldn't fix it and ended up just manually turning off the unit. We also noticed several large pen marks in the bed sheet (otherwise clean), as well as black stains in the bath gown. I guess they missed those during inspection? Also, the door did not close completely unless you yank at it really hard, because the door was crooked some way. One time my husband left the room to grab something, and he didn't realize that he left the door opened until he came back. They should really address this issue because it's a security/safety concern.

We wanted to address these concerns when we were checking out, but for some reason people at the front office seemed really busy and didn't really want to talk to us. They actually charged us for couple local calls, which we didn't make (who uses land phones these days anyway). I used that opportunity to tell them that our room door didn't close completely unless we pushed it really hard, and maybe someone else came in while we were out to make calls. The front office person simply ignored me, didn't apologize or respond to my comments, and quietly just removed the local call charges. She didn't seem to want to know how my stay was, or if there was anything else I want to say, so I just left it at that and checked out. Not sure if I will return to this place again...

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Disclosure: I'm a Hilton Diamond and Starwood Platinum and spend about 240 nights at hotels per year. I don't review every single hotel, just ones worth sharing something about.

Strengths:

1. Value. I'm basing my review on the discounted weekend rate. For this price, especially if you have some status with Starwood, you get a lot. If I was basing everything on value alone, this place deserves a 5/5.

2. Bed. Comfortable with quality linens. Had a great sleep.

3. Windows. Very well insulated. Keep the noise outside.

4. Lounge and food. It was very nice to be able to get a sandwich, hot meal and cold appetizers and fruit in the evenings on weekends. At other Sheratons, you also have hot meals but the sandwiches did it for me.

5. Pool. Neatly kept and relaxing, with towels. However, I wish it contained a change area so you wouldn't have to leave a wet trail back to your room.

6. Renovated property. Yes, the lobby is a lot nicer than the rooms in terms of renovations and although the furniture in the rooms somewhat clashes with what you see in the lobby in that it feels very 80s, it's clean and appears to have been recently updated.

Weaknesses:

1. Internet. Unless you are of status, you do have the option to purchase higher speeds of about 1.5 mbps for just under $10/day. There is also a cheaper option that gives you about 1 mbps and a free option that gives you about half that speed. However, even at this speed (the highest tier), it's below par compared to other properties. Although marginally sufficient for most activities, I would expect at least an average of 4 mbps, especially if there is a fee attached. The fastest speeds I have clocked at some hotels approach about 16-18 mbps for the best of the best properties.

2. Windows. Cannot open them. I noticed this is somewhat of an issue as there is no real central air circulation system and as such there is a very slight musky odor. I just wish you were at least able to get some outside air in.

3. Elevators. A bit slower than at other hotels and there are only two, so may need to wait longer if property is at capacity.

4. A/C units. They are effective although old school but very loud, even in the lounge area.

5. Staff. No issues here, and everyone I bumped into was professional.

Suggestions for management:

1. Lounge. It's obviously been updated but there is something not quite right with the placement of the furniture. I don't think the furniture needs to be replaced, just needs some type of rearrangement or makeover. Also would suggest to either keep the curtains open or get rid of them. It's very dark in there and getting more light in there may help.

2. Smoking. I don't understand why hotels still permit smoking in the pool areas as it takes away from the enjoyable experience for everyone else. I noticed you can also smoke in the sidewalk leading up to the main lobby but only up to a certain point. I think utilizing one of the side entrances or areas away from general visitor areas may be a better solution.

Room Tip: Mountain view also includes highway view but windows keep the noise level to virtually zero.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I always stay at this hotel when I am in the Ontario area for several reasons. See details below.

LOCATION: Located very close to Ontario Airport, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario Mills Shopping Mall & Restaurants, Ontario Reign Professional Hockey, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (minor baseball league) . Famous In-N-Out is located across the street, as well as, other fast food and restaurant establishments, and Starbucks. If you need a quick snack, banana, lottery ticket, etc., Circle K is in the same parking area as this hotel.
Metro Link is located within a reasonable distance. Shuttle service will drop off and pick up from train station. I have taken day trips in to downtown Los Angeles via Metro Link. Click on the link for more details http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
Omnibus service is great at this location as well. I have taken the bus to and from the airport, Ontario Mills, Metro Link, Montclair Mall, City of Chino stores, and more. Click on the link for details of the Omnibus http://www.omnitrans.org/

HOTEL SHUTTLE: Free local shuttle service to and from airport, Ontario Mills, Ontario Convention Center, etc.

HOTEL GROUNDS: Clean and well maintained. Pool and pool area clean and nice. Very relaxing to lounge or to read a book.

SERVICE: From reception to housekeeping to maintenance, staff is very professional and responsive. Always helpful and friendly with a smile! I have received fantastic service from Marlene on many occasions. She is friendly and helpful.

RECEPTION AREA: Newly renovated. Very nicely decorated. Although I prefer a traditional/formal reception desk not individual pod stations, it was nicely decorated. The individual pod stations are too informal/unprofessional for me.

BUSINESS CENTER: Located just off from the reception area, consists of three PCs and one printer. Free Internet use. Convenient for printing your boarding pass.

FITNESS CENTER: Newly renovated and relocated on the first floor. Much larger than the previous one that was located on the second floor. Fitness Center consists of treadmills and elliptical machines, resistance machine with multiple usage, free weights, towels, and earphones.
NEED TO BE FIXED: "fitness center" indicators are still posted next to the 2nd floor button in the elevators - needs to be moved to reflect the new location which is the 1st floor.

STANDARD ROOM: Overall, the room/bathroom was a nice size and clean. However, the arms of chair need to be cleaned (spots/dirt on chairs) and pillow cases need to be checked. One of my pillows had blood spots on it). Free Internet service in room. A/C works great. Can adjust temperature and low to high speed. A bit noisy when on high but not too bad. Rooms have Sweet Sleeper beds. Very comfortable!

VALUE: Overall, I believe this hotel is a great value for its rates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lake Tahoe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've stayed in many Sheraton properties just like this. Just ask my SPG Ambassador. Thank "..." they still exist. They are generally about 50 miles from the real city center (LA). Also, they are low rise hotels that are a dying breed. These kind of properties are the best choice in the area. If you want to have the option of a club floor, room service, and a staff that cares--you're lucky this kind of property is in the zip code of your business trip. This is where a few extra $$$ go quite far. Sure, there is Motel 6 down the street. As is the "inn $59." Do they have a bar, decent food; maybe a club sandwich at 10:50 p.m. delivered to your room by room service? Nope. Is somebody at the front desk that actually cares at the sixer of inn 59? No. But, here at the Sheraton Ontario Airport, my 102 greenbacks on the AAA rate got me free breakfast, free parking, and most imprtantly, some dignaty.

Room Tip: No real secrets here. Stay away form the elevator and the club room entrance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Blainville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Out of all my recent stays in various hotels, I found the team here at this hotel absolutely wonderful. They were very friendly, helpful and professional. In staying here for 2 weeks I didn't need a rental car at all, as their shuttle service will bring you around the area 24 hrs/day 7 days/week. With recently opening a new office on E. Guasti Rd., I plan to make this hotel my stay with every return I make to Ontario, CA.

The room was well appointed, spacious and very clean. The mountain views were beautiful too. The lobby and lounge areas were inviting not to mention a bar and restaurant on site.

There is also plenty of places walking distance too, such as Rosa's Italian Restaurant where the service there was just as impeccable and their willingness to go off menu was amazing as well.

If you are looking for an Ontario, CA Airport area hotel, then look no further! You will feel welcomed here.

Room Tip: Consider the Club Level
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!