“Convenient Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Bellingham, Washington
“Convenient Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here after a late flight into Ontario. We could have chosen any other hotel in the area (it didn't really matter since we were only going to be staying for about 12 hours), but chose the Sheraton since we are Starwood Rewards Members. The hotel was a typical Sheraton. The lobby was clean and bright and the rooms were comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool. Rooms were stocked with Starbucks Coffee, but could have used some extra cream. Though we had to call to be picked up from the airport (due to our late arrival), we were easily able to make arrangements at the front desk to be driven to the rental car companies the next morning. Breakfast is not included, but I noticed a restaurant in the lobby (though we didn't take advantage of it). Also, I'm pretty sure that a breakfast is provided should you book a room on the club floor just like every other Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to share your review with our associates at the front desk and with housekeeping. We do understand there are a wide selection of hotels for you to choose from and I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet your accommodation needs. We do offer breakfast and evening hors' douerves with our upgrade to our Sheraton Club Lounge. Once, again thank you for sharing your experience with us and we do hope to see you again whenever you are in the Ontario area.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a class reunion. About 50 of us stayed here. The room was clean, spacious and had plenty of outlets for our electronics. The registration staff was very friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was with the food. We are used to typical hotel food, usually mediocre. The dinner we had here was not good. The meat was tough and the mashed potatoes were like glue and tasteless. Nice choice of deserts. The breakfast in the mornings was adequate. High ratings for the hotel. Find another place to eat.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Ontario Airport for your recent class reunion. We appreciate your feedback for our clean and well-appointed guestrooms and in room amenities. Our associates work hard to provide you with the highest level of customer service and we are pleased to hear they exceed your expectations. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have the experience we strive to provide in our restaurant, The Orchid Grill Restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Chef and I can assure you that what you encountered was neither standard nor acceptable. We are thankful for your comments and will use your feedback to help improve our products and services. Please connect with us directly should you need any assistance booking your next event in Ontario.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed Friday and Saturday here. I've stayed in a ton of hotels in this area, this is one of the better ones. The surrounding Ontario area is not great, no question, but just a few miles away is fine. If you have a car, the parking is free and the access to the 10 freeway is so easy. The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. Whoever said the staff was friendly in a previous review, is spot on. I was blown away at how friendly they were! They gave me a 4 pm check out without me even asking, that was really exciting!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was convenient to the airport. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly. I was there for business and found that I could not connect to the (free) wi-fi. Luckily there were very nice computers just off the lobby that I used. I would have liked to have had wi-fi in my room. Everyone in my group was having trouble. In and Out Burger, Wendy's and Subway are within walking distance. I had breakfast each day (complementary for the group I was with). There were a lot of options but it was the same everyday. The shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius and come back to get you when you are ready. They took us to a Mexican restaurant in the area (a recommendation by the front desk) and came back to get us as soon as I called. That was an excellent service and a great restaurant recommendation! This hotel is right off of 10 and if you head east a couple of exits, 4th street (I believe) has an outlet mall and a lot of restaurants. The downside to this hotel is the area. I walked to the Circle K (convenience store) one evening and did not feel completely safe. In addition, there were 2 times that I saw the police there and it did not seem like a routine visit--it seemed like something illicit was going on.

Room Tip: Request a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We truly do appreciate your feedback, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us. I continue to be thrilled when I see reviews stating our guest was friendly. I enjoy being able to share positive reviews with our staff and letting them know they are doing a great job. I do apologize for the bad connection with or internet. We are continuing to work hard and make sure we provide our guests with the internet service they need. We do have a complimentary shuttle service within 3-5 miles around our hotel, we understand a lot of our guests are coming in from the airport and do not have a form of transportation. We do hope to see you during your next visit.
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quick easy check-in and out with friendly service. Recent updating has everything looking and feeling nice and fresh. Even chilled citrus water in lobby was great and a nice touch on a warm day. The Club Lounge is well worth the extra $ with a large selection of hot and cold items both morning and evening. Being close to the freeway makes it easy to come and go. A trip to Disneyland was around 30 minutes away. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed the new look of our lobby and the more comfortable feel it offers our guests. I look forward to sharing your review with our staff and our front desk staff, congratulating them not only on their efficiency but their friendliness as well. We take great pride in our Sheraton Club Lounge and we do agree that the $25 upgrade fee per night is well worth the price paid. I am glad you had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I like the hotel. It is a Sheraton so has standard Sheraton amenities like pillowtop bed. The company that invented heavienly bed has comfyest beds around. Four pillows on each bed. Fitness center. Newly renovated last year. They also provided toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash upon request. Computers for free use in the lobby. But internet access in room and breakfast cost extra.

This is not your typical airport high-rise. There were only six floors in the hotel. It was free parking right off the I-10 freeway with an in and out Burger joint right next door. The ontario mega mall is 5 minutes drive away. Everything was clean. And Even though we were next to the freeway, I couldn't hear any noise as everything was well soundproofed.

However, there were a few things that bugged me just Enough to distract from my state. The clock in my room was 10 minutes slow. The clock in both the fitness center was set one hour ahead. The picture hanging above my bed was crooked. And for some reason, newspaper delivery was missing during my stay. And the front desk could not figure out why. There was a faint smell of old smoke that they tried to clean up so it was not the hotel's fault. But it is distressing that the clocks in the both the fitness centers are both one hour off.. Shows lack of attention to the details.

But those minor annoyances are just that.. Minor. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Our guest feedback is truly valued because it gives us the opportunity to see how we are doing. We continue to receive a lot of compliments on our Sheraton Sweet Sleepers and I am happy to announce all of our guests are able to purchase these beds online at our Sheraton store. Due to our guests feedback we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the attentive of our staff to the small details, which can be most important to a guests stay. I have shared your review with our entire operations staff, in order to give them incite on the guests experience. You feedback is valuable to us and we look forward to seeing you again and I can assure you the clocks in our Sheraton Fitness Center will be accurate.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A cookie cutter business hotel. Nice bed. Clean and quiet facility and room. Wall insert style heater/air conditioner. Did an adequate job controlling temp, but sounded like there was a tractor in the room. Airport shuttle was efficient. In N' Out across the street.
Complaints. 1. I always found myself waiting for the front desk help even though I was the only person in the lobby. Could not understand why it was so hard to get help. Perhaps they were busy surfing the internet. 2. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was gone by 7:45 a.m. with no offer from the staff to make more. 3. I am a Starwood Gold member. My plane landed at 9:00. My meeting did not start until 2. No offer of early check-in. I was told I could check-in early and pay an extra half day rate. I was told I could check out as late as 4. Did not do me much good given given that I was out the door at 8:00 a.m.
Were I to return to Ontario I would likely try other hotels before returning to the Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for connecting us regarding your stay. Thank you for your comments regarding our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, clean and quiet guestrooms, and complimentary airport shuttle. I have shared your insights with our Director of Front Office and we will look into additional training and staffing at the Front Desk. We are sorry that we were not able to grant a complimentary early check-in; depending on occupancy the night before and any late checkouts it can be very difficult to accommodate every request. We are very grateful for your loyalty to Starwood and are disappointed that you felt you were not taken care of. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you what a stay at the Sheraton Ontario Airport should feel like upon your next visit to Ontario.

Been to Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!