“I really liked the hotel grounds” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & Premium WiFi
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Westlake Village, California
“I really liked the hotel grounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a well maintained hotel. Not cramped at all. I found the out door areas attractive and plesant to be in. Considering the location (ONT Airport), it is quiet and peaceful. Nice places to sit out doors. Good size rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hello weatherman 123,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Although Ontario, California may not be a destination location, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario is definitely the place to be.

The experience that we like to consistently provide is a resort feeling without the additional resort fees.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Yolanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Port St Joe, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Ontario airport Double Tree Hotel each time I have visited my mother. I get her a room also and make it a mini vacation. My mother and I have enjoyed each and every stay. The food is excellent the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Vida S,

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to you and your mother having many more mini vacations at our hotel.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario has everything that you need so you'll never have to think about staying anywhere else.

Carson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found that the hotel was nice and clean. Easy to find. Parking being close to the rooms was a bit of a problem. toilet within the room was stopped up, had to call for assistances. Conference room was very nice. Otherwise service was very good

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your conference at our hotel.

I would like to personally apologize in regards to your toilet be stopped up. However, I'm glad that our engineering department immediately rectified the issue.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the very near future.

poway, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. The location is perfect for the Performing Arts Center. The hotel is always clean, inviting and safe. Fresh baked cookies, nice open lounge area and a coffee stand. The pool was very clean and surrounded in a tropical setting.

Hello Performing Arts Guest,

Thank you for the stellar review.

We appreciate your continued patronage and please continue to talk us up to your friends, family and colleagues. It's greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stay at this hotel on business very often and I am always greeted very professionally upon check in and upon passing by the front desk. Yolanda always has a smile and that's tough to do day in day out. They all make sure that I am well taken care of (Edwin, Iesha, etc.).

Hello James M,

Thank you for your review.

It's always a pleasure to welcome you back as one of our loyal Hilton Honors guests.

I've been told that if you give a smile, then you will always get a smile back which has proven to be true.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Warm Regards,
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night midweek recently. The hotel is very close to the airport and has a free shuttle to and from which was convenient. Looks like it's been recently remodeled -- nice lobby area with computer where you can check in for your flight and print out your boarding pass for free. Clean, nice bathrooms downstairs and nice looking bar with comfortable seating and TV's. Service at the front desk was friendly and efficient.

The room I was in was spacious and comfortable. Great bed with nice, clean bedding. Modern furnishings. Large, nice bathroom with Crabtree and Evelyn products. Plenty of space for all my stuff and extra blanket and pillow already in the closet (I hate having to ask!). They also had a mini fridge and microwave. Wi fi in my room was reliable. The room also had a balcony though it overlooked a parking lot and I didn't have much time to spend out there.

The negatives:

- Those who are sensitive to noise at night probably won't like hearing the airplanes or the train going by outside the hotel. I'm not sure if your location within the hotel would make a difference but it doesn't hurt to ask to be as far from the train tracks as possible.
- Food options are limited and unimpressive. There are a couple of restaurants here but they serve very similar food and I wasn't wowed by what I got (though the service was fine). If you have any sort of special diet, do some research about other options or bring your own food (you can keep it in the fridge in your room and heat up in the microwave.) Restaurant options near the hotel aren't great, either.
-The hotel is very, very spread out. To get to my room from the lobby, I had to take an elevator up three floors, walk down a very long walkway to the other side of the hotel, take another elevator another floor up, and walk to the other end of the floor to my room. Kind of a pain getting to and from places within the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello sm823,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay while you were our guest.

Although we have no control over the outside noise, I can understand the affect of having your sleep interrupted. Had we been made aware of this issue and had it been convenient for you, we would have gladly changed your room assignment.

We would be honored to have you as our guest again should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area.

Indianapolis, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had an early flight out of the Ontario airport and decided to give this property a shot.

Check in was very friendly and most people checking in seemed to be regulars. As a Diamond was given internet login info and breakfast coupons but no upgrade. I have quite a streak of no upgrades lately.

The room wasn't anything special but clean and acceptable for an airport property. The room was of good size and the I did like the fact there was a sink and vanity in the room with the toilet as well as just outside of the toilet area. I did not like those dark doors and wood trim. It was so dreary looking.

Nice pool but we did not use it but could see it being a nice place to hang out if the weather was warmer.

We only had breakfast at the hotel and we used our breakfast coupon as credit towards a menu item and it was an ok breakfast but service as kind of slow but friendly. It was pretty busy though.

I would probably stay here again if I had a good rate but the cash rate was $139 per night during our stay period and no way I would pay that. There are definitely better options for less money in the area. It was a good value on point and cash booking though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello mcgahat,

Thank you for your review.

I would also like to break your streak of not receiving a complimentary upgrade the next time you're in the Ontario area.

Our rates are based on our occupancy. However, if you go directly on our website and make your reservation you are guaranteed to receive a better rate.

Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Ontario area so that I may make special arrangements for your stay.

We value you and your feedback.