“Nice hotel but a few issues to work out” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi Package
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
California
“Nice hotel but a few issues to work out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night midweek recently. The hotel is very close to the airport and has a free shuttle to and from which was convenient. Looks like it's been recently remodeled -- nice lobby area with computer where you can check in for your flight and print out your boarding pass for free. Clean, nice bathrooms downstairs and nice looking bar with comfortable seating and TV's. Service at the front desk was friendly and efficient.

The room I was in was spacious and comfortable. Great bed with nice, clean bedding. Modern furnishings. Large, nice bathroom with Crabtree and Evelyn products. Plenty of space for all my stuff and extra blanket and pillow already in the closet (I hate having to ask!). They also had a mini fridge and microwave. Wi fi in my room was reliable. The room also had a balcony though it overlooked a parking lot and I didn't have much time to spend out there.

The negatives:

- Those who are sensitive to noise at night probably won't like hearing the airplanes or the train going by outside the hotel. I'm not sure if your location within the hotel would make a difference but it doesn't hurt to ask to be as far from the train tracks as possible.
- Food options are limited and unimpressive. There are a couple of restaurants here but they serve very similar food and I wasn't wowed by what I got (though the service was fine). If you have any sort of special diet, do some research about other options or bring your own food (you can keep it in the fridge in your room and heat up in the microwave.) Restaurant options near the hotel aren't great, either.
-The hotel is very, very spread out. To get to my room from the lobby, I had to take an elevator up three floors, walk down a very long walkway to the other side of the hotel, take another elevator another floor up, and walk to the other end of the floor to my room. Kind of a pain getting to and from places within the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello sm823,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay while you were our guest.

Although we have no control over the outside noise, I can understand the affect of having your sleep interrupted. Had we been made aware of this issue and had it been convenient for you, we would have gladly changed your room assignment.

We would be honored to have you as our guest again should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area.

Yolanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Indianapolis, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had an early flight out of the Ontario airport and decided to give this property a shot.

Check in was very friendly and most people checking in seemed to be regulars. As a Diamond was given internet login info and breakfast coupons but no upgrade. I have quite a streak of no upgrades lately.

The room wasn't anything special but clean and acceptable for an airport property. The room was of good size and the I did like the fact there was a sink and vanity in the room with the toilet as well as just outside of the toilet area. I did not like those dark doors and wood trim. It was so dreary looking.

Nice pool but we did not use it but could see it being a nice place to hang out if the weather was warmer.

We only had breakfast at the hotel and we used our breakfast coupon as credit towards a menu item and it was an ok breakfast but service as kind of slow but friendly. It was pretty busy though.

I would probably stay here again if I had a good rate but the cash rate was $139 per night during our stay period and no way I would pay that. There are definitely better options for less money in the area. It was a good value on point and cash booking though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello mcgahat,

Thank you for your review.

I would also like to break your streak of not receiving a complimentary upgrade the next time you're in the Ontario area.

Our rates are based on our occupancy. However, if you go directly on our website and make your reservation you are guaranteed to receive a better rate.

Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Ontario area so that I may make special arrangements for your stay.

We value you and your feedback.

Newbury Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a business trip, I stayed here. Rooms were nice and clean, it was in great proximity to restaurants, shops, etc., even though I chose to dine at the restaurant in the hotel. After dinner I had a cocktail at Misty's Lounge and was very satisfied with both.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello TonyThe Drummer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would hope that we are now your hotel of choice when returning to the Ontario, California area.

We look forward to seeing you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

large soaking tub made up for the overly high price of this hotel. But the train horns at the nearby crossing were a distraction thru the night. my companion and i really didn't worry about the noise, we just put the tub to good use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your suite with the large soaking tub.

We hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is clean and near the airport. If you are looking for a quick stay or maybe even attending a nearby convention and don't care about the special touches that are usually Hilton related - it would be fine to stay here. I chose this hotel for a Easter weekend stay while visiting family. I usually choose Hilton properties and even though the nearby Hilton Garden Inn was $30/night cheaper, I chose the Doubletree because I was traveling with more family members than usual and I wanted to make sure I received a connecting room and I also knew the buffet restaurant was better for breakfast. The rooms were clean but pretty out dated and in need of renovation. Furniture and walls had many dents, scraps, and patched up holes. The shower curtains had many many snags and tears. The hotel staff wasn't "unpleasant", but they weren't necessarily pleasant either. They did their job. When I checked in, I received my Hilton Honors breakfast coupons, was told that I would receive the continental free breakfast and off we went to our rooms. The next morning - Saturday - at breakfast we found out that the buffet was closed for the weekend and the continental wasn't available - when I asked why I was told they usually close the buffet around Easter - not the same message I received at check in. We were forced to order off the menu with general prices that exceeded the free breakfast coupons. Food was not great and none of the servers even smiled. Easter morning they had set up for a large brunch buffet that was to start at 10am. It was decorated very pretty and very Easterly with bunnies and balloons, they even had about half the tables in the restaurant decorated with pastel linens, flowers, etc. With young children in the group and the desire to get to nearby family we needed to eat breakfast before 10am. Because we chose to eat at 8:30am the buffet brunch was not available - not a big deal - I get that timelines have to be set for such things, but I still don't understand why this prevented a normal buffet breakfast the previous morning. When being seated at the restaurant we were seated at a undecorated table and were told we couldn't have any of the decorated tables - that were empty - those couldn't be used until 10am. Really?? There were only 3 families that were in the restaurant the whole time we ate. It would have been easy - and a nice touch by the way - to let those eating before the brunch time to at least have a decorated table. It was Easter morning management - you could have given us a little Easter touch - the children were disappointed and we felt like we didn't matter. I heard the next guest being seated at an undecorated table say - "oh you're right, I don't deserve a decorated table" - I wasn't the only one put off by this treatment. I give this place a 3 rating due to the general and consistent lack of being treated like a valued guest, the out dated rooms, and the functional but not pleasant attitude of the employee's. Management - get a clue - it's the little touches that make people want to come back. In the future I will likely chose a different Hilton property when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello Abbey Vegas,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to extend my personal apologies for your "Just Ok" experience at our hotel.

Yes, it's the little things that make a big difference and after reading your review I see that we failed to demonstrate differently.

Your review has been shared with our team members and management staff. Your review wll be used as an example of what not do as it pertains to our hotel guests going forward.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these matters to our attention. I can guarantee you that your feedback hasn't been taken lightly or fallen on deaf ears.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I work in Downtown Los Angeles and frequently want to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether it is catching a flight for a business trip the night before, starting a long weekend to Vegas or Palm Springs, or just needing a place to stay for some down time - I choose the DoubleTree Hotel Ontario Airport.
It is a stones throw from the freeway and in close proximity to the airport. Each time I am greeted by either Ed or Viviana and they always go out of their way to make me feel like a valuable client. I have had the opportunity to stay in many of their rooms with the beautiful views of the pool as well as of the beautiful San Bernardino mountains. Rooms have been absolutely quiet - no airplane or highway traffic noise. The beds are always well made and very comfortable. Bathrooms are spotless and if I need an extra set of towels they are sent to the room quickly. They also have a restaurant and a bar. Love this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi ChadA112,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We take pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We appreciate your loyalty and continued patronage to our hotel.

We look forward to your return visits and we will continue to make sure you receive the same exceptional customer service.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just came for a one night stay, after staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Longmont, CO. The Holiday Inn room rate was much less and included free Wi-Fi and a very nice breakfast buffet. The DoubleTree room rate was much higher and did not include Wi-Fi or breakfast. You would think in this day and age free Wi-Fi at a hotel would be a given. I had breakfast at their restaurant and was charge $11.99 for eggs and bacon! Obviously management has no idea what it means to offer value. Directly across the street is a Super 8... guess what, they offer free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast. Where do you think I will be staying next time?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Nick_Kossovan,

Thank you for your review.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport is a full-service, corporate owned and managed hotel.

Although we do not provide complimentary internet in our guest rooms, we do offer alternatives for our registered hotel guests. We provide complimentary wi-fi in our hotel lobby and we also have a complimentary business center equipped with three computers and a printer that is available 24/7 for our registered hotel guests.

I understand that as a guest you have many choices when selecting a place to stay as your "Home Away From Home". It saddens me to know that the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport won't be amongst your selection of hotels when returning to the Ontario, California area.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Yolanda

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!