I stayed here for one night midweek recently. The hotel is very close to the airport and has a free shuttle to and from which was convenient. Looks like it's been recently remodeled -- nice lobby area with computer where you can check in for your flight and print out your boarding pass for free. Clean, nice bathrooms downstairs and nice looking bar with comfortable seating and TV's. Service at the front desk was friendly and efficient.
The room I was in was spacious and comfortable. Great bed with nice, clean bedding. Modern furnishings. Large, nice bathroom with Crabtree and Evelyn products. Plenty of space for all my stuff and extra blanket and pillow already in the closet (I hate having to ask!). They also had a mini fridge and microwave. Wi fi in my room was reliable. The room also had a balcony though it overlooked a parking lot and I didn't have much time to spend out there.
- Those who are sensitive to noise at night probably won't like hearing the airplanes or the train going by outside the hotel. I'm not sure if your location within the hotel would make a difference but it doesn't hurt to ask to be as far from the train tracks as possible.
- Food options are limited and unimpressive. There are a couple of restaurants here but they serve very similar food and I wasn't wowed by what I got (though the service was fine). If you have any sort of special diet, do some research about other options or bring your own food (you can keep it in the fridge in your room and heat up in the microwave.) Restaurant options near the hotel aren't great, either.
-The hotel is very, very spread out. To get to my room from the lobby, I had to take an elevator up three floors, walk down a very long walkway to the other side of the hotel, take another elevator another floor up, and walk to the other end of the floor to my room. Kind of a pain getting to and from places within the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Ontario Airport is Ontario's largest and most luxurious hotel. Our resort-like hotel is only five minutes from the Ontario International Airport and adjacent to the Ontario Convention Center. Hotel is centrally located just off I-10 and conveniently located near Ontario Mills Mall, Vistoria Gardens and Fontana's California Speedway. Hotel features 484 guestrooms, heated swimming pool and spa, state of the art fitness center, complimentary business center, complimentary WI-FI in the lobby, complimentary shuttle service to/from Ontario International Airport, complimentary parking, Porter's Prime Steakhouse, Citrus West, Misty's Lounge, Vineyards Lobby Bar, Starbuck's and In-room dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Ontario
- Ontario Doubletree