“NIce Hotel and Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi Package
Ranked #11 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Newbury Park, California
“NIce Hotel and Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a business trip, I stayed here. Rooms were nice and clean, it was in great proximity to restaurants, shops, etc., even though I chose to dine at the restaurant in the hotel. After dinner I had a cocktail at Misty's Lounge and was very satisfied with both.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello TonyThe Drummer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would hope that we are now your hotel of choice when returning to the Ontario, California area.

We look forward to seeing you again.

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

large soaking tub made up for the overly high price of this hotel. But the train horns at the nearby crossing were a distraction thru the night. my companion and i really didn't worry about the noise, we just put the tub to good use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your suite with the large soaking tub.

We hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is clean and near the airport. If you are looking for a quick stay or maybe even attending a nearby convention and don't care about the special touches that are usually Hilton related - it would be fine to stay here. I chose this hotel for a Easter weekend stay while visiting family. I usually choose Hilton properties and even though the nearby Hilton Garden Inn was $30/night cheaper, I chose the Doubletree because I was traveling with more family members than usual and I wanted to make sure I received a connecting room and I also knew the buffet restaurant was better for breakfast. The rooms were clean but pretty out dated and in need of renovation. Furniture and walls had many dents, scraps, and patched up holes. The shower curtains had many many snags and tears. The hotel staff wasn't "unpleasant", but they weren't necessarily pleasant either. They did their job. When I checked in, I received my Hilton Honors breakfast coupons, was told that I would receive the continental free breakfast and off we went to our rooms. The next morning - Saturday - at breakfast we found out that the buffet was closed for the weekend and the continental wasn't available - when I asked why I was told they usually close the buffet around Easter - not the same message I received at check in. We were forced to order off the menu with general prices that exceeded the free breakfast coupons. Food was not great and none of the servers even smiled. Easter morning they had set up for a large brunch buffet that was to start at 10am. It was decorated very pretty and very Easterly with bunnies and balloons, they even had about half the tables in the restaurant decorated with pastel linens, flowers, etc. With young children in the group and the desire to get to nearby family we needed to eat breakfast before 10am. Because we chose to eat at 8:30am the buffet brunch was not available - not a big deal - I get that timelines have to be set for such things, but I still don't understand why this prevented a normal buffet breakfast the previous morning. When being seated at the restaurant we were seated at a undecorated table and were told we couldn't have any of the decorated tables - that were empty - those couldn't be used until 10am. Really?? There were only 3 families that were in the restaurant the whole time we ate. It would have been easy - and a nice touch by the way - to let those eating before the brunch time to at least have a decorated table. It was Easter morning management - you could have given us a little Easter touch - the children were disappointed and we felt like we didn't matter. I heard the next guest being seated at an undecorated table say - "oh you're right, I don't deserve a decorated table" - I wasn't the only one put off by this treatment. I give this place a 3 rating due to the general and consistent lack of being treated like a valued guest, the out dated rooms, and the functional but not pleasant attitude of the employee's. Management - get a clue - it's the little touches that make people want to come back. In the future I will likely chose a different Hilton property when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello Abbey Vegas,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to extend my personal apologies for your "Just Ok" experience at our hotel.

Yes, it's the little things that make a big difference and after reading your review I see that we failed to demonstrate differently.

Your review has been shared with our team members and management staff. Your review wll be used as an example of what not do as it pertains to our hotel guests going forward.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these matters to our attention. I can guarantee you that your feedback hasn't been taken lightly or fallen on deaf ears.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I work in Downtown Los Angeles and frequently want to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether it is catching a flight for a business trip the night before, starting a long weekend to Vegas or Palm Springs, or just needing a place to stay for some down time - I choose the DoubleTree Hotel Ontario Airport.
It is a stones throw from the freeway and in close proximity to the airport. Each time I am greeted by either Ed or Viviana and they always go out of their way to make me feel like a valuable client. I have had the opportunity to stay in many of their rooms with the beautiful views of the pool as well as of the beautiful San Bernardino mountains. Rooms have been absolutely quiet - no airplane or highway traffic noise. The beds are always well made and very comfortable. Bathrooms are spotless and if I need an extra set of towels they are sent to the room quickly. They also have a restaurant and a bar. Love this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi ChadA112,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We take pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We appreciate your loyalty and continued patronage to our hotel.

We look forward to your return visits and we will continue to make sure you receive the same exceptional customer service.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just came for a one night stay, after staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Longmont, CO. The Holiday Inn room rate was much less and included free Wi-Fi and a very nice breakfast buffet. The DoubleTree room rate was much higher and did not include Wi-Fi or breakfast. You would think in this day and age free Wi-Fi at a hotel would be a given. I had breakfast at their restaurant and was charge $11.99 for eggs and bacon! Obviously management has no idea what it means to offer value. Directly across the street is a Super 8... guess what, they offer free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast. Where do you think I will be staying next time?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Nick_Kossovan,

Thank you for your review.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport is a full-service, corporate owned and managed hotel.

Although we do not provide complimentary internet in our guest rooms, we do offer alternatives for our registered hotel guests. We provide complimentary wi-fi in our hotel lobby and we also have a complimentary business center equipped with three computers and a printer that is available 24/7 for our registered hotel guests.

I understand that as a guest you have many choices when selecting a place to stay as your "Home Away From Home". It saddens me to know that the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport won't be amongst your selection of hotels when returning to the Ontario, California area.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've stayed at this location due to the convenience and proximity to the Ontario Airport. I like the staff as they are always pleasant and typically get a room in the main building, on the back side of the pool. Rooms have balconies which is nice. The rooms are nice and clean.

Room Tip: The HVAC system is a bit slow to cool. So, once you get in the room, crank down the AC. It is one...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Kuwells,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review.

Yes, our HVAC units are generally set on 78 degrees and turned off when a guest room is not in use. I would like to personally apologize if it takes a little bit longer for your guest room to cool off.

Since you are a repeat guest, the next time you're scheduled to stay with us please give me a call. I will make sure that your HVAC is turned on prior to your arrival which will assist in your room already being at a comfortable temperature whether it's in the summer or winter.

I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in the Hilton chain and is very close to the Ontario airport. It is also right next to the Ontario convention center so would be an excellent place to stay for an event there. It is not a modern hotel though the rooms have been re-done over the years. The architecture is shows it is an older place. The carpet shows its age as well though it is in good condition except for the stairwells where it is dirtier and dingy.
The bathroom we had with our 2 queen bedroom had an exterior sink and one inside the bathroom door which can be handy for multiple people to use at one time. It was very nice but there were some minor stains on the ceiling.
We did eat at the Porters steak restaurant which had excellent food and service. We did not eat any breakfast meals there.
Because it is so close to the airport, the is some plane noise but it is not a busy airport so there is not much noise. There is also some train traffic which may effect your sleep.
I was not too impressed with Ontario starting a few blocks from the hotel. It won't be a vacation destination for things within a few miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: For a more quiet stay, ask for a room on the north side away from the airport to avoid the plane and...
Hello Scott S.,

Thank you for your review and for the pictures.

No, we aren't a modern hotel but our focus is on the overall cleanliness of the hotel and providing excellent customer service. We believe that you can have a brand new building, a great location and the customer service is lacking. So if we had to choose, you already know which one we would select.

Within the next couple of years we will undergo renovations and I would hope that you're still staying with us so that you will be able to see our new look , write another review and post more pictures.

Thank you for sharing.

Yolanda

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!