“DO NOT take the CA bar here!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi Package
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
San Diego
“DO NOT take the CA bar here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel boasts the "best" nightclubs in Ontario. The nightclub blares techno club music until 1AM EVERY night. Add a train that comes by every 3-4 hours and planes that continually fly over. On top of the dirty towels, terrible food, and rude service, this is by far the worst Doubletree I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: There are three "buildings" to this hotel. The main building is closest to everything but...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Hello SDTraveler76,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my personal apologies for your less than "10" experience while you were our guest.

Had we been made aware of any of the issues that you mentioned while you were our guest I am certain that we could have resolved the issues to your satisfaction. Had it been convenient for you, we would have immediately changed your room assignment.

We generally place all of our bar exam students in our third building so that they are closest to the Ontario Convention Center where all of the testing takes place.

Yes, we also have a night club in our hotel called Misty's lounge which is located in our main building. Misty's lounge provides live entertainment 7 days a week.

For any guest staying at our hotel for the California Bar Exam I would respectfully request that they ask to be placed in our second or third building in which the music from the night club is not an issue.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and hopefully you passed the exam.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Kensington, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I spend a week every few months in Ontario and book my stays exclusively at the Doubletree Ontario. An older property, it is well maintained, clean and with nice grounds and facilities.

What truly makes this hotel special is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. From the housekeeping staff to the front desk to the restaurants, everyone is professional and courteous.
When I return to the hotel at night and they greet me with a "Welcome home", I really feel like I am at home. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ontario.

Hello Dave L,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we want to continue providing you with the "Home Away From Home" atmosphere. Remember, we're your extended family.

We look forward to your return.

CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Check-in very slow. 10pm at night and there was a line of 4 with only 10 front desk workers. When I asked for 2 queens I was told hotel was sold out. No problem on the beds, but with a full house I would have appreciated more staff On duty for check in.

Room was across the pool. Unlike other comments on TA I had a very quiet night.

Flat screen tv, very large bathroom. Welcome Cookie was nice as always.

I would recommend this hotel for any event in the IE or ontario airport. Airport shuttle, free parking and easy to get to the freeways with restaurants nearby.

Booked on Priceline name your own price. 3.5* property. Was about 40% off listed price for West Ontario zone.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello Ushela03,

Thank you for your review.

We welcome all feedback and ofcourse it's always good to hear positive feedback. Your experience is one that we take pride in providing.

Continue to share your experience with your friends, family and colleagues in hopes that they will come and stay with us too.

Kind regards,
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

this hotel was very nice it had a resurant in the inside of the hotel and it was less then 10 min from the airport i will stay here every time i come to ontario

Room Tip: get a balcony room very nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hi Audrey D,

Thank you for posting a review.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to you staying with us each time you return as well.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

UNACCOMMODATING. We had a business seminar to attend and wanted the shuttle to take us to the Embassy Suites Hotel, which is about 1 mile away. They would not do this for us. In fact the embassy suites offered to pick us up, and we were not even guests at their hotel, they even went as far as paying for a taxi to come get us because they thought this would be faster. I wish we would have stayed in the embassy suites instead. The rooms at the hotel were musky, and the linens & decor were from the 90’s. The only positive thing about the Double Tree is that they had a balcony & the pool area was really beautiful.

Hello Amanda C,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to personally apologize for your perception of our staff being unaccommodating while you were our guest.

Due to our daily scheduled transportation to/from the Ontario International Airport, The Ontario Mills Outlet Mall, Ontario Convention Center, Citizen's Business Bank Arena, etc., we are unable to provide any transportation outside of what's noted above. I apologize if we failed to offer to call a local taxi company for you.

I've also shared your comments in regards to the condition of your guest room with our Director of Housekeeping and your concerns have been addressed and corrected.

Should you change your mind and your travels bring you back to the Ontario, California area I would hope that you would allow us another opportunity in providing you with the excellent customer service and care that we are known for.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I feel really mixed about this hotel. The staff is great and the pool is wonderful. Nice to have some nice restaurants on site.

Our room was nice and large. However the room smelt musty and the doors to the patio were dirty. The room had no refrigerator for small snacks. The room felt damp and slightly dingy.

So while it was good I'm not sure I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Hi Karl B,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with us.

I would like to personally apologize for your less than "10" experience with our hotel as it pertains to your guest room. We have an excellent housekeeping team which makes your experience even more frustrating to me.

Your experience is far from the strict standards of cleanliness we commonly maintain. I have taken the liberty of sharing your review with our Director of Housekeeping and she has assured me that steps will be taken to ensure that other guests are not inconvenienced in this manner.

Should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area, please allow us another opportunity in providing you with the level of service and hotel cleanliness that we are known for. I can guarantee you that you won't regret it.

We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Yolanda
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and i really enjoy the Doubletree Ontario. Nice place to come for breakfast or drinks in the evening.
The staff here are the best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Hello Nannette W,

Thank you for posting a review.

I have to agree with you, we offer a great breakfast variety at our hotel. My favorite is the Joe's Omelet.

We hope that you and your family will continue to dine and have drinks at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport.

Yolanda

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!