“Clean with excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Phoenix, Arizona
“Clean with excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I'm not one to write reviews but reading the past few pushed me to do so. I stay at this particular hotel countless times and every single time the staff has been nothing but great. These past reviews make me think that the people just wanted something to complain about so why not the workers. I do agree that the hotel does need to be updated, but I feel they do greatly make up for the lack of the update with the service from the restaurant help to those at the front desk. I have mentioned this hotel to others and they also took note of the friendly staff. Always clean as for the train if you happen to be a light sleeper may be a little bothersome otherwise its not a problem. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

harge for parking or internet, as its just plain ridiculous for the inland empire and grade of this hotel.
If you get the back of the hotel facing the train, you will hear it. The pool is good, there is small market for breakfast that has good stuff . Fitness center is very nice. There is happy hour in a nice bar, with good prices. Rooms I found clean, but I am VERY particular. I think in cleanliness this hotel is far better than others around the apt. (comp. ;price)
If the hotel didn't have parking and internet rating would be higher. I unfortunately have to agree with other posters about front desk.. they can be less than friendly- I have seen it how they treat other guests- I was cringing. I hope this hotel turns around, as I like it better than other locations, but they need stop charging for parking and internet and just charge a base rate. Tip: try and book a rate directly on the website that includes parking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel is atrocious and I would advise anybody against staying here unless this is an all expense paid business trip, and even then, there are much better places to stay right across the street. Upon checking in, be prepared to get greeted with a $11.95 parking fee.. because no other hotels in the area charge for parking in vast expanse of nothing called Ontario (there is an open field right next to the hotel, ironic).. tip, save your money, use your imagination and park across the street or just save yourself from hell and book your stay there instead. They will not waive the parking charge for any reason even if there is no convention going on and parking is so widely available, you wonder why they want your money so bad. Upon entering the room, you are greeted with a drab, dark, stale yellow tinted room and a friendly $9.95 charge for 24 hour period internet use. Don't have a computer? Not to worry the "business" center provides a computer for minimum 3.95 charge and 50 cents per minute and 50 cents to print in b/w and dollar+ for color. There is no advertised mini fridge, old shower fixtures, no fan in the bathroom, and the absolute most ridiculously annoying thing, they are too cheap to provide a single microwave for the vast number of rooms they have. Not a single microwave, albeit they would probably charge you 50 cents by 15 sec intervals if they could. So enjoy your cold leftovers. I almost forgot there are loud trains that frequent the motel and are heard even on the far front side of the motel. Yes I do mean motel, they often charge for amenities hotels do not. So bring your earplugs. And we havent even got to the bread and butter of the hotel, the service.
The housekeeping service apparently does not knock or very loudly before opening the door and just leaves without asking if you require service. Why even open the door? So I wait until 12:30pm until I decide I need new toiletries, I ask the housekeeping lady with the cart 10 feet down the hall for new towels. "No, thats not my area"
Needless to say it took 2 phone calls to the front desk and 30+ minutes to get new towels. On the day of checkout they slip a receipt under my door charging me for parking that I explicitly told them I would not use. Very slick. So I go up to the front desk to some young lady who tries to convince me that I used the parking and that it will automatically charge if I slide my card at the gate. I tell her I explicitly told them I will not comply with their ridiculous parking charges upon check in and now you are trying to convince me that I used the parking? This young lady had the audacity to laugh at a disgruntled customer... I had to demand the manager and of course she did nothing and just apologized.
Needless to say, stay far, far away from this place. You are looking at a minimum 22 dollars PER DAY on top of your original reservation and places across the street offer parking, internet AND breakfast.... FREE? You might start to think the Marriott was a theme park of some sorts..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Rplayer, General Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Dear Tab22-

Thank you for your recent review and comments. I was very disappointed to learn that you had such a poor stay in our hotel. I understand that the additional charges can be frustrating and I encourage any one booking a room to explore our various packages that include amenities such as parking, internet and breakfast. If you plan on using these amenities, our package rates can add up to signifigant savings. You mentioned that your room did not have the advertised mini refrigerator. All rooms do have a mini fridge. They are placed inside the armoire under the TV set and may have just been overlooked. Although guest rooms do not have a microwave there is one available for guest use inside our Deli located in the lobby. I was very concerned about your comments related to the service issues you experienced. I have shared your comments with the departments involved as that is definitely not up to our standards and expectations. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I read TA reviews quite often when planning trips on my own, so when a business conference was scheduled here, the first thing I did was turn to my best source of information. The reviews were not great, and I was really not looking forward to the trip.
I will admit, I did not bring my laptop because I wasn't willing to pay high prices for the access. Although I like having it, I was able to maintain the contact I needed with my phone. I also did not park a car there, so can't address that situation.

What I did find was prompt shuttle service from the airport. The check-in was quick and professional. The front desk staff were able to direct us to a local attraction (Graber Olive House-see separate review). And when other people expressed an interest in the same attraction, the front desk contacted us to see if we were willing to share in a cab that they arranged for us.

The food and beverage service during our conference was much better than most conferences I have attended. The wait staff truly seemed to take pride in their jobs and the food was delivered promptly and at the correct temperature. Not an easy feat when serving between 200 and 300 people. The quality of the food surpassed my expectiations as well. While still conference food, it was flavorful with nice presentation.

The rooms were good. They had all of the amenities that you would expect in a business class hotel. On occasion, I would hear a train or plane, but usually when I was awake or outside. I did not notice it during the night and it didn't interrupt sleep.

The checkout process was the same as check in.

Overall, it was a pretty decent business class hotel. I'm actually hoping that our next annual conference will be held there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Rplayer, General Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Dear Mystkl1-

I'm very pleased that your recent stay in our hotel exceeded your expectations. It was great to hear how pleased you were with the hotel's staff and also the food and beverage offerings during your meetings. Our Front Desk staff enjoys providing information about the many local activities available to our guests and was happy to assist. The hotel's banquet team does take great pride in their job and wants every guest to leave with a memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your conference again next year and continuing to exceed your expectations.

La Jolla, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I used PL for this hotel and was really cheap. I have no problem with the hotel (given the price) but I do not agree with PL with 3.5 star rating. You will be disappointed if you think it is a 3.5 star hotel but I will give 2.5 star for this hotel and was happy with my stay.

- The hotel is in the shape of "C" with bottom of the "C" close to the railway track. I would always choose to avoid that part. Stay at the top part and there is no noise.
- Pool area is good
- Restaurant/bar etc are expensive. I chose to go out to eat.
- Carpet was dirty but manageable.
- Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- parking fee is a rip off but I didn't mind adding it to the cost of entire stay since I paid low price at PL.
- Overall, nice stay for what I paid. I would feel sorry if you pay a full price for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Rplayer, General Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Dear mt_lj:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel's pool and that the staff were friendly and accomodating. The hotel takes cleanliness very seriously and I was surprised to hear that you felt your carpets were dirty. I will definitely make this a point of emphasis with our housekeeping staff. I would also encourage you to visit our hotel's website when making your next reservation as there are several packages available that include amenities such as parking, internet and breakfast that are not available through other websites like Priceline.

Liberty, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. This time it had been renovated following Marriott's current standard decor: Gold and reddish colors in the rooms, nice carpeting, and plush white bedding with gold accents. Furnishings were light-colored wood and substantial, much nicer than what you will find in many hotels--especially the limited service flags. The renovations were nicely done. Our room was spacious; one negative was that the bath area was pretty small and the small sink is outside the shower area, which is more of what you expect in a limited service hotel. At least when they renovated, they did those in black granite. The closet, on the other hand, is nice and large. The staff was very helpful, friendly and nice.

We had a room facing the convention center, so we didn't have to deal with noise from the train or the airport, but you might want to consider that. This hotel is very close to both. The hotel seems to do a lot of convention and meeting business, which was neither a positive nor a negative for our stay.

There are a couple of restaurants. We got good service and pretty good food at both (I am sure they use the same kitchen). Prices were on the high side but not outrageous for this type of hotel.

They charge for internet service, which is pretty typical of full-service hotels. They also charge for parking, which you don't expect to see at a suburban location. I am sure it's for the same reasons some airlines charge for checked luggage, and you have to decide for yourself how you feel about it.

Some of the hallways can be pretty long, so if you have trouble walking or need assistance, you might want to keep that in mind or ask for a room close to an entrance, elevator, or lobby. The lobby has some comfortable sitting areas that seemed to be gathering points for people meeting at the hotel to get together for planning or impromptu discussions.

The fitness center is a real plus if that is something you enjoy. It is a large facility with quite a selection of treadmills, ellipticals, universal gyms, freeweights, and more. They have racquetball courts, a tennis court, and a basketball court, although when I was there the tennis and basketball courts were closed for renovations. There is a pool, but I didn't check it out.

All in all, I would return, but I might first compare some other properties nearby. I thought the staff was helpful and service was good. I liked the renovations. The fitness center was nice. The price was reasonable with a AAA discount, although I am sure we paid considerably more than some of the folks who apparently stay here via Priceline. I didn't like paying to park at a hotel such as this, but I don't consider that unforgivable. I do wish I had known ahead of time. The hotel has some service features beyond those you will find in a limited service hotel, so I wanted to rate it more than three stars primarily for that reason. I am rating it four, but I'm really thinking it's more like 3.5.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

There is a train track that run very close to hotel, you can hear the trains pretty much every 30 minutes all night long! Not to mention the airplane landing and taking off noise. My kids slept through it, but I had trouble sleeping.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!