“Clean room and good value.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 41 hotels in Ontario
San Diego
“Clean room and good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our two daughters. We got a studio suite with two double beds and a sofa bed. The room was clean and the staff are all really nice. Lauren at the front desk is very young, but she is impressively professional. She was able to give us a room for early check in and she seemed organized and efficient every time we stopped by the front desk. We could not hear any air traffic from the airport, but we can hear the faint sound of a train every now and then in the distance. It was not enough to wake us at all though. We stayed on a Friday night, and the property was very quiet even though most of the rooms were full. I was happy with our stay at this Residence Inn. The only negatives are 1) The room is slightly small to have two doubles and a sofa bed. We had to move the sofa to be able to pull it out. 2) The bathtub looked a little dingy. I don't think that it was dirty, but stained from the hard water in the area. Perhaps they should get different cleaners with which to scrub it. I had my daughter take a shower, rather than a bath ... just in case. 3) The two little breakfast rooms cannot accommodate the number of guests they have staying there. It was super crowded and our family of four was extremely lucky to get two tables next to each other that seated two. Although my husband said that the eggs were the best powdered eggs he's ever had at a Residence Inn (we try to stay at them because of the room size and breakfast), I found the breakfast to be disappointing. That morning, there were scrambled eggs, potatoes, and so-so biscuits with gravy. Usually Residence Inns have some type of meat like bacon or sausage. My husband suggested that the meat was in the gravy. True, there were tiny bits of sausage(?) in it, but I wouldn't count that really as a meat. I am not picky when it comes to a complimentary breakfast, but I left there hungry. There was a waffle maker, but a man was making a bunch of waffles to take back to his room, so we couldn't get to it. My daughter said she had a blueberry muffin, but I only saw bran.

In summary, this Residence Inn is very good. The staff is great. The rooms are clean and quiet. Parking is adequate. It is in a safe area. My only complaint would be about the breakfast and the breakfast area. All in all, I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Our family suites with the two double beds with sofa bed are a big hit with the kids. We’re delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed our suite and cleanliness in the rooms.

I am very lucky to have a staff full of great people like Lauren working at this hotel.
We feel that no hotel in the area caters to large families like the Residence Inn by Marriott.

Thank you for pointing out a few things. I will look into this.

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kelseyville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just a quick note to say that the newly decorated rooms are very nice. I stay here almost every week and enjoyed the treatment I received while the renovation was going on. The employees here are the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about our newly renovated rooms and my staff. We take pride working here at the Residence Inn and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Hope to see you soon..

Cynthia
Bloomington, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We called and got a early check-in. Love the apartment style rooms with full kitchen. Had the suite with upstairs loft and the downstairs bed was behind two doors-what? Loved it... Our favorite hotel when we stay in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early request for check in.
I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

La Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thank you for all the help you gave me trying to get my MacPro working.I went to Best Buy in S.B. The tech fixed it in 20 minutes. According to Chris, the problem started when the download was in progress and then stopped and restarted. Special thank you to Christine for always making us feel welcome. Guillermo, the man in the know, who keeps the Inn running like a well oiled machine.
My wife and I always come home when we come to the Residence Inn in Ontario.
Ciao,
Bohdan

Speci
Special thanks to Christine and Memo. Ciao, Bohdan

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear that Guillermo assisted you with your computer an Christina for making you feel welcomed. I will pass this along to my associates.

I'm proud that these two are part of our team here at the Residence Inn, Ontario.

Lorain, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great Room with full kitchen, clean, comfortable bed. Free hot breakfast. Good location. I got in late and needed to leave early. Whirlpool/pool area closed early so late night swim not possible. And then it did not open until 8pm so early morning swim also out. The workout room was nice and available when needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm elated to hear your good comments regarding your most recent stay with us.

We hope to see you soon,

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great Room with full kitchen, clean, comfortable bed.
Free hot breakfast.
Good location.

I got in late and needed to leave early.
Whirlpool/pool area closed early so late night swim not possible. And then it did not open until 8pm so early morning swim also out. At least the workout room was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post these comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your room and hot breakfast.

We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I walked in, Lauren at the front desk was especially welcoming. A slight issue with check-in regarding my company's reservation, but Lauren held her composure, kept smiling, and offered alternatives since it was late night to get us checked in. The rooms were very comfortable, newly renovated, with a full kitchen and a fresh, clean appearance. Felt very at home here for 3 nights. Breakfast every morning was pleasing as well with a nice variety of options, allowing me not to have to eat the same thing every morning. The value for this stay was well worth the price.

• Stayed September 2013
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding my staff member Lauren. I will make sure I share this with all of my staff members.
I'm glad to hear that rooms were comfortable and certainly apologize for the issue you encountered.

Cynthia Ybarra

Been to Residence Inn Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!