“Hidden cost” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 North Haven Ave, Ontario, CA 91764-4902 (Formerly Ontario International Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Arvin, California
“Hidden cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ontario Hilton (in September 2012). I was in the area for a college reunion (U of Redlands). I made a bid on Priceline for two nights (less than $45/night). The breakfast was expensive ($15/person) and the parking fee (open parking lot with no security). The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for my two boys (3 and 1). Onsite Starbucks was nice.

Room Tip: Parking is not free (at the time) but comfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My stay at this hotel was exceptional! I have recently stayed when the management had changed although that did not affect my stay compared to before. They still have the same staff therefore they do continue to provide their guest's with the "Hilton Standard". The staff is very helpful and friendly and always make me feel right at home. The best part of the hotel is the fact that it is a full service hotel. I can get all that i need without ever having to leave the hotel. I really like to work out and the fact that they had a fitness center open 24 hours a day is very useful when it comes to my busy schedule along with the pool and spa. I HIGHLY suggest this hotel!

Room Tip: when requesting rooms, I suggest to ask for higher floor and even number rooms because they have an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
monterey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

okay, I will start by saying this was a stop over for us on the way somewhere else so what we really needed was sleep and it was hard to come by. Our room was large with a king bed, a orta crib and a big comfortable chair that we cuddled our daughter in. But, it was so dated, it was yucky. The bed was uncomfortable, and the port- a crib they provided was a cold metal bar crib that freaked my daughter out and she ended up sleeping with us. The planes were loud but the nearby train was worse. I am not sure how safe the area is, there was very visible security in the parking lots. We got there very late with a very tired toddler otherwise I would have requested another room. The pluses - the pool area was lovely, with a nice hot tub, the complimentary breakfast was great and you could order off the menu. Our waitress was lovely and very attentive to our 2 year old.

Room Tip: I dont know what to say. We were in a crappy, dated room in the last tower where the air conditioner...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

As others have mentioned, this is the former Hilton now called the Ontario Airport Hotel, not to be confused with the Ontario Airport Inn.

I was only there for a quick visit, checking in late and leaving early the next morning so I did not use any of the public facilities. However, I can tell you that since the name change, parking and internet is now free. There used to be a charge when it was the Hilton. The staff remains the same.

Rooms at this hotel are large, but the bathroom is on the small size. Everything functioned as it should including the 46" flat screen TV. Sleep comfort was exceptional. There is a restaurant on site and several restaurants within a block or two. A mile away is Ontario Mills mall where you find a large cinema and almost any chain restaurant your heart desires.

As of this writing, this hotel has yet to get a web presence so booking by conventional means can be difficult. I got this hotel through a Priceline bid and couldn't be happier with the result.

Room Tip: If you are inclined to use the pool and jacuzzi, the poolside rooms have sliding doors leading direc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked our three night stay and got an excellent rate. The check in was pleasant. We asked for a room on floors 7-10 and were booked into room 727. It was a good call. The room was good size. Bathroom is a little small, you actually have to shut the door to have any room to move, but it was certainly adequate. The room has a sink in the bathroom, as well as one outside the bathroom which was nice. The shower had good pressure, but straight up or straight down turned off all water flow. Turn it to the left for all warm temps and to the right for all cold temps. Once I figured that out it wasn't a problem.
The room has a huge safe big enough for more than one laptop, kindles, phones, money... huge by most standards.
Closet space was adequate as well as drawer space. Walls and carpets were nice. Bed was actually one of the nicer beds I have slept in lately when in a hotel. (Last trip was europe) Sheets were white, clean and I slept really well. Temperature control is right there so I could cool the room down for the night. It had a large TV, free wifi, and a small fridge, coffee maker etc.
Breakfast was available for $15 per person, but we did not take advantage of that. We did not swim in the pool, but my husband went and ran in the gym. He said it was really nice and had headphones provided as well as a TV to distract if you wanted; treadmills, weights, etc.
Our floor was very quiet at night. The view wasn't particularily interesting but I wasn't there for the view. It has a great location for the airport, most places in Ontario, as well as Rancho Cuchamunga. Parking is FREE. I read somewhere that there was a charge. That is not true.
We would stay here again. No idea who owns it now, but hopefully they continue to keep their rates nice and reasonable. Add breakfast if you want to increase your guest numbers.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors were nice. Ask for 7-10
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Too bad the last few years of economic stain took a toll on the management company that ran this location and lost the Hilton name. Nevertheless, it is still early in the transformation so the property and facilities are still in good order.

I do want to call out one staff member for her exceptional customer service. Andrea checked me in and provided me my room card and off to the 5th floor I went. I inserted the card in the reader and received the green light, but the door handle would not budge. I tried this three times all to no avail. Frustrated I returned to the front desk only to wait for other travelers to check in. Once at the counter I explained my situation to Andrea and she was very accommodating to move me to another room. To my surprise, she moved me to the concierge floor, thank you Andrea.

On the other side of praise, I found the gentleman running the gift shop was less than accommodating. I asked that my purchase be charged to my room and he snarled at me that they do not have a connection to the hotel. Well, I am standing in a gift shop in the hotel and I got there through a connecting hallway. I looked at him and said sorry to bother you and left. The next day I saw a lady running the shop and went in to purchase a bottle of water. She was nice, friendly and a pleasure to meet.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The furniture and features of the room are dated in need of a facelift. I hope while the staff goes through this transition, they maintain their level of service and come out stronger on the other side.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

They over charge my room, na a lot of other colleges rooms.

The general meneger, was ironic about and providade terrible assistence to solve that.

The rooms and other sevices was as expected. Good rooms, frindly stuff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!