“Nice place to stay -- no longer with Hilton however” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 North Haven Ave, Ontario, CA 91764-4902 (Formerly Ontario International Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast special
Ranked #22 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Nice place to stay -- no longer with Hilton however”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked our three night stay and got an excellent rate. The check in was pleasant. We asked for a room on floors 7-10 and were booked into room 727. It was a good call. The room was good size. Bathroom is a little small, you actually have to shut the door to have any room to move, but it was certainly adequate. The room has a sink in the bathroom, as well as one outside the bathroom which was nice. The shower had good pressure, but straight up or straight down turned off all water flow. Turn it to the left for all warm temps and to the right for all cold temps. Once I figured that out it wasn't a problem.
The room has a huge safe big enough for more than one laptop, kindles, phones, money... huge by most standards.
Closet space was adequate as well as drawer space. Walls and carpets were nice. Bed was actually one of the nicer beds I have slept in lately when in a hotel. (Last trip was europe) Sheets were white, clean and I slept really well. Temperature control is right there so I could cool the room down for the night. It had a large TV, free wifi, and a small fridge, coffee maker etc.
Breakfast was available for $15 per person, but we did not take advantage of that. We did not swim in the pool, but my husband went and ran in the gym. He said it was really nice and had headphones provided as well as a TV to distract if you wanted; treadmills, weights, etc.
Our floor was very quiet at night. The view wasn't particularily interesting but I wasn't there for the view. It has a great location for the airport, most places in Ontario, as well as Rancho Cuchamunga. Parking is FREE. I read somewhere that there was a charge. That is not true.
We would stay here again. No idea who owns it now, but hopefully they continue to keep their rates nice and reasonable. Add breakfast if you want to increase your guest numbers.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors were nice. Ask for 7-10
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Too bad the last few years of economic stain took a toll on the management company that ran this location and lost the Hilton name. Nevertheless, it is still early in the transformation so the property and facilities are still in good order.

I do want to call out one staff member for her exceptional customer service. Andrea checked me in and provided me my room card and off to the 5th floor I went. I inserted the card in the reader and received the green light, but the door handle would not budge. I tried this three times all to no avail. Frustrated I returned to the front desk only to wait for other travelers to check in. Once at the counter I explained my situation to Andrea and she was very accommodating to move me to another room. To my surprise, she moved me to the concierge floor, thank you Andrea.

On the other side of praise, I found the gentleman running the gift shop was less than accommodating. I asked that my purchase be charged to my room and he snarled at me that they do not have a connection to the hotel. Well, I am standing in a gift shop in the hotel and I got there through a connecting hallway. I looked at him and said sorry to bother you and left. The next day I saw a lady running the shop and went in to purchase a bottle of water. She was nice, friendly and a pleasure to meet.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The furniture and features of the room are dated in need of a facelift. I hope while the staff goes through this transition, they maintain their level of service and come out stronger on the other side.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

They over charge my room, na a lot of other colleges rooms.

The general meneger, was ironic about and providade terrible assistence to solve that.

The rooms and other sevices was as expected. Good rooms, frindly stuff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Formerly a Hilton ,now affilaited with Coast Hotels & Resorts this hotel is in a great location, comfortable, clean and spacious.Staff is friendly and helping guests through the transition. Fun bar and nice pool area. Looks like it has a lot of conference space too. Free shuttle to airport and nearby business parks.A pleasant surprise in the Inland Empire

Room Tip: rooms/suites facing San Gabriel Mountains
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I usually don't mind paying for hotel parking if its in a secured garage with limited space located in a downtown area where square footage comes at a high premium. Paying for parking in Ontario in a completely open parking lot with tons of space? It makes you wonder why you're paying the $10+ nightly parking rate here or paying anything at all for parking. Even the front desk workers admitted that the parking is the major complaint that they receive all the time from guests and they understood how irritating it makes guests. The room overall was just fine as can be expected from a three star Hilton Priceline room. I got a great rate due to Priceline but if I came to Ontario under normal circumstances (I needed a last minute room before driving back to Northern California), I would probably try to endorse a hotel who doesn't try to squeeze every nickel and dime from you.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you "Solarsnorkler" for sharing your feedback with your fellow Priceline and Trip Advisor travelers. Priceline customers can sometimes score a great price if the hotel chooses to offer a special rate on a specific date, but it is true that if you are a budget minded traveler that expects all amenities to be included, our hotel structures the pricing structure for Priceline customers in the same way that many airlines now do, a la carte amenities are at an extra price. But at the same time, there are creative ways to get what you want for free. For example, there is convenient and ample free street side parking available if you don't want to treat yourself to valet parking. Complimentary internet is available in the lobby, restaurant, & pool if you don't want to pay to access it from your room. And we also offer free remote printing (in color) of any documents you want to print right from the lobby. In the meantime, you get to enjoy our oversized and well furnished guestrooms, large outdoor pool and whirlpool, and Precor fitness center. You make many insightful comments and we hope that your fellow travelers will use both your tips and ours to make informed decisions about staying at any hotel.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was clean and large, but worn, with many stains on both the bedding, furniture and carpeting. The bathroom was in only so-so shape, but it was very clean. This is located close to the airport, and they run a shuttle as necessary. If you ask, they'll give you a cart for your bags, but there was no offer of assistance. The bar serves food and handles room service, but things were left off my order, like rolls and butter.
The breakfast in the executive lounge was really heavy on starches, but there was a great variety offered. It's closed on weekends, though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you "Arts123" for taking the time to share your feedback with your fellow TripAdvisor travellers. We appreciate your observations about our large and clean rooms and surroundings. We equally appreciate the constructive feedback about our room service and touch ups needed in your room. We have a regular preventative maintenance program that addresses cosmetic issues like you mentioned. And thank you for highlighting the Executive Lounge. It is a special amenity available to either our HHonors Diamond guests, or those guests who choose to pay an upgrade fee. We'll look at expanding the amount of fresh fruits for example, to augment the traditional breakfast pastries and breads, as well as our featured proteins we regularly offer. We hope to have the opportunity serve you again!
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I travel to Ontario a couple of times a year and our company has a good rate with this property. As a Hilton gold member, I typically get upgrade to the 7-10 floor. The rooms are large, the two queen beds very comfortable. The windows are triple pane and I hear nothing at night. I am perfectly happy with the place. However, on two occassions, my traveling companies were not Hilton elite and were booked in the aweful rooms in the wings. These are much older, louder and have maintenance issues - no hot water in the mornings!

Otherwise, great location. It is really five minutes from the airport and the shuttle has always been quick to pick up. Parking can be hard to find if they have an event. The fitness center is very good with three treadmills, two bikes, free weights, and a universal system.

Breakfast is very good - full spread. Sometimes they do not have the omlette station open, but if you ask they will typically get someone there. They also have a small lounge on the 10th floor for Hilton elite that also serves breakfast (not as big a spread, but has WSJ available).

There are sidewalks leading from the property and as long as you do not mind running/walking along a major road, you can run for 4-5 miles easily. You can even walk to the airport (not recommmend, but possible).

Great hotel, just stay away from rooms less than the fifth floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the wings by the pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you "Bmantravel" for a balanced and well written piece on our hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed the majority of the hotel's features and amenities. It is correct that we have our top 4 floors designated as Executive Floors. Guests who are members of our elite Gold and Diamond HHonors members tiers can get space available upgrades, but any guest can purchase this same upgrade for $30 per night. Our cabana rooms you mentioned are quite popular with families because of their larger square footage and easy access to the heated outdoor pool and spa. I apologize about the hot water issue you encountered, that was addressed definitively shortly after you departed. And we're glad you pointed out the ability for guests to walk or jog out of our hotel into the relative safety and pleasing surroundings of our location. Not every hotel in this area has this great location. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!