“Stayed many times and will be back” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Clarkston, Michigan
“Stayed many times and will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I’ve stayed here many times for business and I will be back. The folks at the front desk greet me by name and have always fulfilled my reservation. Also, many times I bring dinner back to the hotel and the folks at the desk always help with plates, silver ware, salt, and pepper. It’s the little things that go a long way on a business trip. I recommend staying here if you’re in the Ontario area.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool can be loud
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First ... I travel for my job across the country on a regular basis. I'm a Priority Club member and pretty much all of the front desk representatives that I have encountered were professional and very helpful.

Upon checking in, I was assigned a room on the first floor. I asked Jeffery Vargus, the front desk representative who was on duty on the evening shift of 10.1.12, to change my room to either the 2nd or 3rd floor because I was a single female traveling alone and I didn't feel comfortable staying on the 1st floor, especially observing several men hanging around the hotel, inside and out. Jeffery began to tell me that he didn't have another double queen - non-smoking room available. I asked him again, just to be sure, that there wasn't another room available on another floor. He stated in loud voice that there wasn't. I asked him if there was another room type, such as a King Suite, available and he said yes ... a King Suite - non-smoking. I told him that it would be fine. He repeated the same statement twice in a loud voice. I had to tell him in a stern voice that it would be ok. Once he gave me my room key, he did not acknowledge nor welcomed me back as a priority club member like the other front desk representatives at other HIE hotels do. I had to ask for water ( I was extremely thirsty from the hot temperatures). Even the person that was with me, but wasn't staying with me, mentioned how rude he was to me.

Later that evening around 10:00 PM, I called to ask to have my sheets changed because I began to itch all over. Jeffery answered and immediately told me that he could not assist me because he was the only person at the front desk. I immediately told him in that I had to get up at 3:30 am to catch my flight out in the morning to fly all day. He told me he would call me back in 5 minutes. He did call me back and immediately apologized that because he was the only one on duty at the front desk, I had to come down to the front desk and pick up the sheets and change the sheets myself per his manager on duty. Jeffery also stated that he would give me an extra 2000 points for the inconvenience. I agreed that it was fine. Jeffery TOLD me to, "come on downstairs and get it." As I waited at the front desk, there were 3 other people waiting for his assistance, in which they made comments that he must have fallen asleep on the job. When Jeffery finally came back to the front desk, he asked if I needed the sheets and that he delivered them to my room. I expressed that he "told me to come down to the 1st floor to pick up the sheets". He defensively repeated that he told me that he would bring them up to my room.

Now at this point, I WAS EXTREMELY IRRITATED BY HIS RUDE BEHAVIOR FROM THE MOMENT HE CHECKED ME IN AND THAT I HAD TO GET UP AT 3:30 AM IN THE MORNING. Why would he tell me several times that I had to come downstairs to pick them up because he was the only one at the front desk then go to my room to drop them off ... which he LEFT THEM ON THE DIRTY FLOOR!!! None the less, I changed my own sheets!

Room Tip: Ask for another front desk rep if Jeffery Vargus is on duty. I wonder ... even after giving this re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TONYatONTEX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
First, as a seasoned traveler Thank you very much for your review, we do appreciate your comments.

I will respond/comment on your three points that you mentioned;

As you noticed we are a very popular new built hotel with high occupancy and pending your time of arrival we have limited inventory, however we do work very diligently to fulfill all guest requests.

Our procedure with guests requests i.e. sheets, towels, toothbrush, extra shampoo, incoming packages etc. we are always happy to deliver items to our guests room.

On this day & time where it was 10:00pm, we had only one Guest Service Agent on duty. We do request that the guest come to Front Desk to pick up the item(s) that has requested only because the agent is required to remain at Front Desk in case of emergency.

Mr. Jeffrey has been part of our team for over three and half years and "Rude" is a word that has never been used to define Jeffrey. Based on what you have shared in your comments (Again, Thank you!) Jeffrey understood and felt your frustration, other than you missing each other (you coming down and he going up), Jeffrey made all attempts to achieve your satisfaction as a valued guest and Priority Club Card Holder with changing your room location and upgraded you at no additional charge, called you back within the time said, switched out bedding and offered 2,000 points for any inconvenience, which we are pleased that you accepted.

As a suggestion in your "Priority Club Profile" under room preferences: please note that you do not want to be placed in a 1st floor room. This will assist the hotel assigning a room prior to you checking in.

We do hope that you stay with us again and please contact a member of our management team prior to arrival and we will personally welcome back. Happy Travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I have to stay here for training and I actually like it! The rooms are always clean, the beds are VERY comfortable, and the continental breakfast is great (along with the lady that handles it)! Last time I stayed, I accidentally left my Tiffanys ring that I got last year from my other half. Not only did the staff turn it in to the lost and found but they mailed it to my house for me! Bri, at the front desk, is so pleasant and Rich is so professional that I truly enjoy staying here! Keep up the good work! What a delightful place :-)

• Stayed September 2012
Timonium, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently booked this hotel for room and their conference room. The service was excellent and the hotel rooms were clean, quiet and very comfortable. I was extremely satisfied with the support provided by Monique and Richard. They attended our conference room needs and were very professional. The hotel is very accessible and there are several places for food within walking distance. The hotel also provides free shuttle to several locations to include malls and restaurants with very short notice. I cannot stress the quality and friendliness of the staff at this hotel. Additionally of the hotel service the cost for the services is extremely attractive. Parking and internet service was also provided at no cost.
I highly recommend this specific hotel if you are visiting either on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Great Rooms, superior service and excellent location in San Bernadino.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
phoenix az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Looks brand-new, updated everything. Best water pressure I remember ever having in a hotel. The only thing there was to complain about was the lighting for applying makeup, but that is just being super picky. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yorba Linda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is clean. Breafast is good. Mrs. Vivian is so friendly and nice. She is so nice to help us to setup coffee, tea, ice water in our meeting room. We feel very comfortable when we stayed over there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The entire team at this hotel is the best at what they do in the hospitality industry. From Monique, to Rich, to Liz, to Stephanie, to Jeffrey, to Cat, to Lori, To Bri, to Mike, to Anthony they are amazing!! The hotel is very clean and the rooms are fantastic. Mrs. Vivian does a marvelous breakfast and she brightens everybody’s day with just her friendly smile alone. The entire staff made me feel like I was at home during my entire six night stay. I would recommend this hotel for anybody looking to be treated like an important guest and that your business is appreciated. They make their entire guest list feel like royalty.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!