“Very functional” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Very functional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very close to the airport but still in a quiet area. Spacious rooms and the usual amenities. Of course the greatest pillows for a great quality sleep, consistent with the Holiday Inn tradition. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stood there for valentine's day , we checked in to our room in the early Evening we reserved a Jr . suite, the suite itself was very spacious and clean, the only reason I gave it one star for cleanliness was the huge Roach that ran around the bathroom when I turned the light on, it's was nasty!! I would have stepped on it but I was barefoot,it crawled into a huge Crack in the door jamb , my wife was so freaked out she slept with the bathroom light on, I notified the manager Tony , and he discounted our rate by 15.00 bucks! Really? I wasn't looking for a free bee, but c' mon, we've stood here several times and we're Ihg members, but I don't think we'll be staying here anymore. By the way the suite # was 330, so beware! !

• Stayed February 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2015
Dear johnnyjramirez ,

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with regards to your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and it is nice to read that the location of the hotel and the rooms are up to your par. However, it is regrettable if the condition of the bathroom was a let down. Rest assured that this will be addressed immediately with our hotel management to ensure that guest comfort and satisfaction will be met.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We value you as an of our IHG Rewards Club member and we hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

I typically stay at Hilton properties, so when this property came up significantly less expensive than the nearby Doubletree I really had no choice. I was apprehensive at first leaving my "comfort zone" especially when checking in and presenting my Hilton Amex card. First impressions were great. The exterior was clean and well kept and the hotel appeared fairly new. The check in counter is more of a kiosk which I liked and found more approachable. The king bed room was large and well decorated. Everything was clean and in working order - minus the hair tie which was still on the inside bathroom door handle. The on site restaurant and bar were great albeit expensive, but that's to be expected from a hotel restaurant. I really only have two gripes regarding my stay. First, the bathroom door opens outward and is sprung to close. This presents a problem when taking a shower and the exhaust fan can't keep up and you're stuck with a fogged mirror. I ended up using the trash can to prop open the door. Second, housekeeping took all my wire hangers. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until the end as I tried to pack away my dress shirts. I was leaving them on the bathroom door hook and they must have taken them day by day without me noticing. At the end of the day though, most of this is rather petty. I had a great stay and first impression of a full service Holiday Inn.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jetsgopro,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport.

It is so nice to hear that you decided to try us over some of your other options in our area. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel., we are 7 years old this year.
We do apologize that you had to prop open your bathroom door and that our housekeeping took your wire hangers. We will discuss this with our Maintenance Department and our Housekeeping Department.
We hope that we will see you again soon.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

This Holiday Inn is a very nice hotel; most of the hotels in the area around the convention center are nice. I've enjoyed staying at a few of them. I am in the convention center area a couple times each year and most especially for a quilt show every January. I always stayed at this Holiday Inn up until three years ago when their rates went way up. That prompted me to try some of the other surrounding hotels at lower rates. My friends and I especially liked the Doubletree, but now their rates have gone through the roof; the manager of the Doubletree told me after checking other hotels in the area I would find their rates in line with the others, but then again this is the same response I got from the Holiday Inn manager 3 years ago as well. Well, I kept checking online and found that not to be true; currently the Holiday Inn, Radisson and the Best Western have actually lowered their rates from the last time I checked. The price on the Holiday Inn was right this time and so I have booked it for next January. My advice: Be persistent in comparing rates on these hotels at various times; there are many hotels in this area; I have never not been able to find a room, even at the last minute, and there is always a better deal if you keep looking.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear WorldTravelerArizona,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport.
We are so happy that you found our price to be right for you during convention. We do our best to stay competitively priced with the surrounding hotels. There are time when we are extremely busy that certain rates are not available.
We hope that we stay in your price range and you continue to stay with us.
Lake Atitlan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015 via mobile

I've heard that when booking through Priceline there is a tendency to give a less than desirable room. Upon check in we were upgraded to a suite at no cost which seemed terrific! Upon entering the room on the top floor we could hear the loud noise of what seemed to be hundreds of AC units or some kind of equipment on the roof. The room was huge and nicely appointed but the constant noise was a huge drawback.

• Stayed January 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2015
Dear salweb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I truly appreciate that you have rated our hotel location, cleanliness and services to be high. However, it is unfortunate that issues with the noise issues prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chowchilla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

Arrived at this Hotel for business, stayed two nights, hotel has pool, gym for a quick workout. great hot breakfast, and dinner if you wish to stay in. there is a bar(with the most awesome Bartender/entertainer!!) located at the hotel, with the most excellent service from the staff. the hotel is friendly and accommodating!! this is a great, Super clean, comfortable place to stay!!!! the best. reasonable price.

Room Tip: always ask for best possible rate!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Floyd d,
Thank you for your fantastic review of the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport.
We are so happy that you enjoyed the pool, fitness center, breakfast, dinner and our bar/bartender.
It is always nice to hear how excellent the service was from our staff. Thank you for letting us know you feel our hotel is friendly and accommodating.
We hope we will see you again!
Galena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Nice Holiday Inn with the recent renovations. Located right next to the airport for your traveling needs. Nothing special that makes this place stand out. I would stay there again if I have to return to the area.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Matt M,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport.
We are pleased that you found our hotel to be nice and that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Ontario.
Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!