“Very Comfortable...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Bishop, California
“Very Comfortable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Got a great Hotwire deal on this place, saved about $45. It was clean, the bed was soft and the night shift staff that I spoke to were friendly. There were only two down sides. 1.) The shower broke when my friend was taking a shower so I had to use the bathtub. 2.) The remote control wouldn't change channels. Oh well. Both things could have been fixed if we spoke up about it but we were literally only there to sleep and get clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear lacyloowho,

Thank you so much for your review. We are extremely happy that you were able to book a great rate to stay with us, found your bed to be comfortable and the staff to be friendly.

We do apologize that your shower broke and remote did not work. Our staff would have been happy to repair that right away for you. We appreciate your comments and will work hard to make your next visit with us unforgettable.

We will pass your comments on to the staff.

We hope to see you on your return trip to Ontario

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scottsdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a Priority Club Platinum Member, and was greeted as such upon arrival. Stayed for 3 nights.

Room was fine in terms of cleanliness, bed, etc. The pillows are small, but not a deal breaker. That is where the OK/Average-ness of this hotel ends.

One previous reviewer noted that the bathtubs do not have non-slip coatings and no non-slip mats are offered. This has not changed and is a huge safety hazard! I put one of the smaller towels in the tub, like a bath mat, which made it safer to shower, but you still need to be careful.

First morning, I went down for breakfast (which was included in my room rate). I sat down, waited for 5-10 minutes, but no one ever waited on me. I had meetings to get to, so I left without being served or even acknowledged.

Second night, I flipped on the TV, did some channel surfing, and found that HBO and other channels came up as "No Signal". I had this same issue on a previous stay here, told the front desk, and upon returning later that day, was told it had been fixed. It still didn't work then, and it doesn't now.

Second morning, I went down for breakfast, sat in a booth, and waited 5 mins or so....again, no service and no acknowledgement. I left without eating - again.

Third morning I didn't even bother with the restaurant, I left and picked something up on the way to my meetings.

Did not try the pool, hot tub, or workout facilities, so cannot comment on those.

Air conditioning and heat are controlled by a small wall unit that is noisy, but does have a thermostat, rather than just the typical high/low fan settings.

Used the express checkout, as I was in no mood to even discuss this underwhelming experience with the hotel staff.

Two years ago, this was a great place to stay. I will not be coming back to this location - even though it is 2 minutes from my company's distribution center. I'm happy to stay farther away at a hotel that understands what customer service means.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear John W.;
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained. We are disappointed that your hotel stay was not satisfactory. Please contact us to discuss these issues in greater detail.

Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Winona, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Negotiated a rate with this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little unigue in layout, but nice new hotel, super quiet, and a pleasent place to stay the night. If you get a chance spend the night, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Try to get a third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear musjn;

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport. We are pleased that you negotiated a rate with us and find our hotel to be comfortable and quiet.

We look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Ontario.
las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and got a really cheap price via Hotwire. Doubt we would have chose to stay here otherwise....but luckily it was a newer HI. Check in was lack luster, the guy had no personality and was on the phone the whole time while he checked us in. The room was a nice size BUT floors were dirty (feet got black) so I was really disappointed since I had my 16 month old and 5 yr old.....we will not allow crawling on the floors!! Plus all the cribs/playards were taken....so yeah. There is a very limited selection of food and nothing really in the refreshments area....so luckily again we were only there 1 night. Bath products are bath & body so that was nice but biggest complaint was tub/shower! So slippery and dangerous! No safety tape at bottom of tub and being pregnant I had to rinse the tub out good and hold in for dear left. Sure enough when my 5 yr old stepped in he did slip a little....so that not good. Bed was comfy and tv was a nice size....no view. Wouldn't stay here again by choice but if I won it on Hotwire again for that low price id be fine with it. No free breakfast at this location...

• Stayed February 2013
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear littledumpling;

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the positive and negative experience during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our guests experiences meet their expectations. We do apologize that your check in experience did not meet your expectations. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular basis and we do apologize if all of our cribs were being used. We are centrally located, with a restaurant and lounge on site. We provide a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius. We will discuss the issue you experienced in the bath tub with our Maintenance Staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

First of all, I have no real complaints about the room itself or the condition of the room. It is standard, clean, and comfortable. Now, I am a frequent traveler, very loyal to the Priority Club brand (Platinum Elite). I seldom post a negative review of a place, but this one deserves it. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here again if it meant dealing with the employee who handled my check in. I'm serious, I don't have the patience!! Rude, brash, and non-caring. Even worse, I provided some honest and professional feedback to the General Manager of the property, who chose not to respond. Lots of hotels in the area, no need to continue with this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear autiger3313,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We have a very professional staff throughout the hotel, please accept my sincere apology that you did not receive the best customer service when you checked in at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from all guests it is taken seriously and used for training to ensure these issues do not happen in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Kingman, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel should be called the "out of order" Holiday Inn.

Very nice lobby and nice rooms, however, when I went downstairs for breakfast this morning, there was an employee at the front of the restaurant telling the guests that they were out of food, that they had not received the food delivery and all they had was cereal?!

Tonight when I walked to the fitness room, next to the elevator is a laundry room. Right on top of a washing machine was a sign stating "out of order" and finally when I got to the fitness room, all three treadmills had "out of order" signs on them.

To me, all this disrepair shows a poorly run hotel.

Unless management changes I won't come back. There are way too many other options available.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mrtonothorns,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the washing machine and the treadmills not working during your stay. We are working diligently on having these machines repaired.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very clean, great friendly staff. I have stayed here several times & will continue to choose holiday inn Ontario for my hotel stays. Hotel is very kept up with almost like new, very convenient to freeways, convention center, & local restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Tommysgirl121,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoy our hotel and our staff. Thank you for continuing to stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!