“Very good for the price...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 41 hotels in Ontario
las vegas
“Very good for the price...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and got a really cheap price via Hotwire. Doubt we would have chose to stay here otherwise....but luckily it was a newer HI. Check in was lack luster, the guy had no personality and was on the phone the whole time while he checked us in. The room was a nice size BUT floors were dirty (feet got black) so I was really disappointed since I had my 16 month old and 5 yr old.....we will not allow crawling on the floors!! Plus all the cribs/playards were taken....so yeah. There is a very limited selection of food and nothing really in the refreshments area....so luckily again we were only there 1 night. Bath products are bath & body so that was nice but biggest complaint was tub/shower! So slippery and dangerous! No safety tape at bottom of tub and being pregnant I had to rinse the tub out good and hold in for dear left. Sure enough when my 5 yr old stepped in he did slip a little....so that not good. Bed was comfy and tv was a nice size....no view. Wouldn't stay here again by choice but if I won it on Hotwire again for that low price id be fine with it. No free breakfast at this location...

• Stayed February 2013
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear littledumpling;

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the positive and negative experience during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our guests experiences meet their expectations. We do apologize that your check in experience did not meet your expectations. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular basis and we do apologize if all of our cribs were being used. We are centrally located, with a restaurant and lounge on site. We provide a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius. We will discuss the issue you experienced in the bath tub with our Maintenance Staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

First of all, I have no real complaints about the room itself or the condition of the room. It is standard, clean, and comfortable. Now, I am a frequent traveler, very loyal to the Priority Club brand (Platinum Elite). I seldom post a negative review of a place, but this one deserves it. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here again if it meant dealing with the employee who handled my check in. I'm serious, I don't have the patience!! Rude, brash, and non-caring. Even worse, I provided some honest and professional feedback to the General Manager of the property, who chose not to respond. Lots of hotels in the area, no need to continue with this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear autiger3313,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We have a very professional staff throughout the hotel, please accept my sincere apology that you did not receive the best customer service when you checked in at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from all guests it is taken seriously and used for training to ensure these issues do not happen in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Kingman, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel should be called the "out of order" Holiday Inn.

Very nice lobby and nice rooms, however, when I went downstairs for breakfast this morning, there was an employee at the front of the restaurant telling the guests that they were out of food, that they had not received the food delivery and all they had was cereal?!

Tonight when I walked to the fitness room, next to the elevator is a laundry room. Right on top of a washing machine was a sign stating "out of order" and finally when I got to the fitness room, all three treadmills had "out of order" signs on them.

To me, all this disrepair shows a poorly run hotel.

Unless management changes I won't come back. There are way too many other options available.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mrtonothorns,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the washing machine and the treadmills not working during your stay. We are working diligently on having these machines repaired.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very clean, great friendly staff. I have stayed here several times & will continue to choose holiday inn Ontario for my hotel stays. Hotel is very kept up with almost like new, very convenient to freeways, convention center, & local restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Tommysgirl121,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoy our hotel and our staff. Thank you for continuing to stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Check-in was great -- the front desk staffer was very nice and provided us with waters and granola snack bars -- very thoughtful! The lobby is very nice, and the rooms are well appointed too. We were very pleased. We were staying for just one night -- attending an Ontario Reign hockey game the night we checked in, then leaving by 9 the next morning to get to downtown LA in time to beat traffic, parking issues, etc. for the Kings opening day/banner raising at Staples Center. When we got back from the Ontario Reign game around 10 pm (centrally located to that arena, BTW), there was a form letter from the hotels saying that water needed to be shut off from 6 to 7:30 am the next day. A little inconvenient, but we didn't think it was disrupt our morning schedule too much. However, at 8:15, when I went to take a shower, the water still was not on. I called the front desk and she said it would be another 5 minutes. However, at 8:20, the water was still not on, and two of us had to be ready and checked out by 9 -- we couldn't wait to see if the water would turn on. When we left our room with our bags shortly before 9, the water still was not on. When we checked out, the same woman I spoke to on the phone was handling check-out. She made no mention about the water shutoff. We had to inform her that that water was still off and that we were promised it would have been back on by 8:20. She claimed that it was going to be on soon, but that did us no good, and she had no sympathy for the fact that we didn't have enough water to flush the toilet, and it was barely a trickle to brush our teeth. She said the city forced them to do the shutoff, which I understand, for whatever the reason was, but to do it during a period of time when people are trying to get ready for the day seems crazy. Why not late at night, in the middle of the night, or after check-out?
What bothered us most is there was no sincere attempt to rectify the issue with the hotel patrons, at least with us. I am a Priority Club member, and this now turns me off of wanting to stay with Holiday Inn if it means that the hotel will do what they can to book rooms without consideration for what they are asking their guests to put up with. There are a couple Holiday Inn Express hotels nearby; they could have offered guests the opportunity to move to a sister hotel the night before the water shut-off -- there should have been some kind of contingency plan, or at least a way to compensate for the lack of a critical resource. It was upsetting that there was no empathy and that it was something that we had to put up with, as if we were being selfish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear VancouverWannabe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the water shortage you experienced during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
redlands CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is right next to the convention center and a short drive away from two major shopping centers: Ontario Mills and Victoria Gardens. My wife and I had a short getaway together here and stayed in one of the king rooms. The room was slightly larger than a typical hotel room and was nicely furnished. The lights were on the dim side since they were using CFL bulbs. I would recommend this place for business or leisure travel. It was priced very competitively and we had a great time. We will go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear lfpdad,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay, shopping and our location. Thank you for spending your short getaway with us!

We hope to see you on your return trip to Ontario.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We reserved a room here for 4 days to use as a base camp so we could play in the snow in Wrightwood and head over to Pasadena during the Rose Bowl events. It is centrally located but I will plan to use a different hotel next time. We are coming from Santa Barbara and its funny to think that we drove 3 hours to the Inland Empire for a mini winter vacation, but we had a great time in the area and will be back. I was amazed at the Ontario Mills mall and the 50+ theater screens available - you can catch just about any recent movie with multiple show times. The snow in Wrightwood was fresh and a lot of fun for the family. Plus we caught the Rose Parade floats and a few horse races at Santa Anita within about 40 minutes of Ontario. As far as the hotel goes, the hotel staff were reasonably nice, the bartender was very friendly and the hotel looks nice but that's about the best I can say about the place.

We upgraded to a suite upon arrival to have a separate sleeping area for our kids and for just over $105 per night, we should have gone to one of the many other suite hotels in the area (Embassy Suites, Comfort Suites, etc.). The Holiday Inn suites are nothing more than a room that has been extended to include a front seating area. It was spacious but so poorly constructed and thoughtlessly arranged that it was a bad experience to pay extra for the "privilege" of having that extra space. My biggest complaint was the freezer they call a bathroom - it had to be no more than 55 degrees every morning in the bathroom which I have never experienced in a modern hotel before.

There was no door to close off the bedroom section from the front couch area so light, TV and noise was shared between both sections of the suite. In the first room we were assigned to (#432) the heater wasn't working and was located under the window in front of the main bed. Even if the heater was working, it was so loud that we wouldn't have been able to sleep there. The heat was also very likely to never have reached the front of the suite which was near the very cold hallway. Eventually we were allowed to move to another suite #332 which had a quiet and working heater located in between the two sections of the room - a better situation. Both of the suites were so dark, however, that we needed to request extra lamps so we could see into the hallway closet and avoid bumping into furniture. I believe the very dark lighting was also to blame for the pair of socks that we found on the couch left over from the previous guests - ewww.

The Jacuzzi was broken the entire 4 days we were there which was also a disappointment. We even ran into another guest wrapped in a towel and wearing a bathing suit who was upset with the broken Jacuzzi as well. It would have been nice to be notified of the lack of availability upon check-in at least to save us guests some headaches. The workout room was no better with 3 out of 4 machines "under repair".

If you need a place with a bed to sleep before a flight, this is it but don't expect much more. We will be staying elsewhere the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a good view of the mountains but the suites are dark.