“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Costa Mesa, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

one of the best suites on our lists. very clean, can't smell any bad odor. the full breakfast and cooked to order stands out from others. will definitely comeback again soon! great locations too, walk away to the mall and nearby restaurants. A+++

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Jerry -

Thank you so much for the high grade! We love and A+ and strive for an A+, so it is always wonderful to know we have provided that level of service and accommodations. We appreciate you allowing us to welcome you and putting us at the top of your list. Hopefully your travels bring you to the area again soon.

Warm regards,

Carlos Mendoza

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sherman Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are a HUGE fan of the Ayres properties in general - so warm and welcoming, and lovely decor at reasonable prices. Although this particular Ayres had excellent employees and the same warmth and welcoming atmosphere, there were a few downsides. The rooms (at least ours - we had the king suite) are not as richly decorated as other Ayres we've been to. Perhaps it's because this particular location is more for business conferences? I'm not sure, but I did like the fact that the sofa couches are leather. Cleanliness is the most important aspect to me, and leather is much better than fabric b/c it's easily cleaned. And it was a wonderful-sized room, with a fridge that's actually cold. The lobby and breakfast room also don't have the same "grandeur" as other Ayres, but we were only there for a night, so it was fine. But what really bothered me was the pool area. Cigarette smokers and cigarette butts littered the pool area, and it was so unenjoyable, we left after 10 minutes. And we needed that relaxation in the hot tub so badly! I never had this issue at any other Ayres.

But again, the staff is wonderful, and I still love the Ayres as my favorite hotel chain. I would definitely pick a different location (if possible) - the one in Costa Mesa is lovely (particularly the pool area and courtyard). And the one in Hawthorne is very nice as well (particularly the dining room). But this location is right near the mall with so much to do. And for our purposes, it was fine, and the bedding as always was so comfortable.

Room Tip: definitely the king suite with the partition. The bathroom is just average, but it's an excellen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gennababy02 -

Thank you so much for your candid review and for your continued patronage to our hotels. We strive very hard to exceed guest expectations and truly represent the collection, so I do apologize for any issues you may have experienced in the pool area. Cleanliness in EVERY area of the hotel is extremely important to us and please rest the area is not spotless and will remain so. We are disappointed to have not met your needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how comfortable a stay at our hotel can be.

Carlos Mendoza
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Perfect service! (how often does that occur?). Great location! I stay at Ayres dozens of times each year and there is always a welcoming smile and helpful hand to pick me up from the airport and take me safely to a great stay in a pleasant room. Great hot breakfast, too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Was checked in by Monique at front desk. It's great when someone make' s you feel welcomed. Everyone at hotel greets you and offers help if I needed it. The next morning on the way out had a great breakfast and checked out with Maria at front desk. Whom was truly pleasant to us. Will always recommend to family and friends. Great!!! Value and Great customer service. Thank you very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Honestly, I just love this place. It is my first choice whenever visiting. The beds are so comfortable that I often find myself sleeping in longer than I am supposed to. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is always very hospitable and I totally love the made to order breakfast. Just great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice friendly staff , the bed was comfortable .... Good was good breakfast was included... Right next to the Ontario mills mall , the Ontario improv , they have a shuttle that will take you and pick you up , I was very pleased

• Stayed January 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I traveled to the Ontario area this December whilve visiting family, I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Ayres Suites. The hotel was very nice and clean, with plenty of amentities, but the very best part was the amazing staff. I was greeted warmly when I called to make my reservation, and I felt more than welcomed upon arrival. The young ladies at the front desk were very helpful and explained all that the hotel had to offer. The breakfast in the morning was more than what I expected, full omelettes and pancakes. That, along with surprisingly friendly housekeeping staff ensured that I will return to this Ayres hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall? Share your experiences!