“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 North Vineyard, Ontario, CA 91764 (Formerly Ayres Boutique Suites Ontario Airport)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I chose this hotel due to the great reviews on Trip Advisor, big mistake! The billing was done incorrectly, the carpets were sticky, people passed out in the hall, and my room wasn't cleaned. NASTY NASTY hotel.

My admin called ahead to confirm it was direct billing, however upon arriving they needed my personal card. Despite having my admin call every day to talk to the manager on duty, this was not fixed upon my leaving. I was there 4 days, how hard is it to figure this out?

They do not run the AC in the lobby or hallway, when I asked why it was so hot they turned it on, but every day it was the same way. I finally asked why they aren't running it, and he just said "we don't really keep it on in the hallways". Well, I'm from TX and used to the heat, but I shouldn't be dealing with it INSIDE a hotel.

The elevator was broken, my first room was not even cleaned. The carpets in the rooms are sticky - CARPETS SHOULD NOT BE STICKY. The TV has a volume control so you can't go over 35, and the wireless is absolutely the worst. Saturday morning on my way to work, I found no less than 2 people passed out in the hallway in various stages of undress, covered in a towel.

I will never stay at this hotel again, and will tell everyone I know how bad an experience it was.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RLH204, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Marla H,
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing; we review all of our guest’s reviews and address them with the staff. We would like to truly apologies for the lack of cleanliness in your room that is never tolerated. Also id like so apologies for the issues with the direct billing, we understand your frustration and are sorry it never got solved even though we told you it would be. Thank you for providing helpful feedback and we will ensure you that we will take time to discus with our employees so they know to correct their wrongs. We hope your statement of never coming back can be changed so we can prove to you we are worth our ratings.
Sincerly,
The Red Lion Hotle Staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chatsworth, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

From the moment we entered we should have turned around and walked out....
1. The kid at the front desk was rude, rude, rude and THEN had the audacity to say that he was trying to help me when I walked away. Hmmm, let's see. If I'm asking you a question and you pick up the phone and freaking IGNORE me and engage in a conversation with a person on the other end of the phone and totally ignore the person who just asked you a question why wouldn't I walk away? You obviously had no interest in talking to me.

2. We told them that I had a disability so why would you put us in a room that was as far away from the lobby as you could possibly put us? Could we have driven close to our room and parked? Yes. If that had been explained to us as an option, we would have, but it wasn't.

3. The tub had someone else's hairs in it. Thankfully the nice maintenance man cleaned it for us but, I'm totally grossed out now. What else wasn't cleaned?

4. There's absolutely nothing in the room to tell you where anything is or how to use anything. So.....once again I go down to the front desk to talk to rude boy who says "Well, we don't have anything like that but I guess I can give you this map". Gee, if you had any clue about how to work at a Front Desk or.....about Customer Service you should have given that to us when we checked in.

5. It would be nice if I could figure out how to turn on the radio....oh, that's right, there's nothing in the room about anything. So, I call the Front Desk. Rude boy says he'll send Maintenance down. Thank God for this nice man who explains it to me. I feel so sorry for I'm though since he probably has to do all this stuff every nite.

6. Now, it would be nice if I had the pool hours.......oh, that's right, there's nothing to explain anything in the room. I give up.

So, to sum up...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. RUN AWAY!

7. Elevator is out of service.

8. No restaurant. Just a little breakfast nook type that MOST hotels give you for free. They charge for it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
RLH204, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Ruth,
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all customer issues very seriously. I'm sorry to hear our front office staff did not handle your issue with professionalism. I am also sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues you encountered during your stay. We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. In regards to the breakfast we offer the continental breakfast complimentary to all of our guest with the hot breakfast options for a fee. Please accept my apologies and I hope if you us a chance to make it up to you on your next stay.
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The rooms are a bit outdated. There was a refrigerator and microwave which was nice, and the AC worked great. The restaurant had a B in the window do I chose to eat elsewhere. It's super close and convenient to the convention center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RLH204, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Justmikey,
Thank you for taking the time to write a revirew about your stay here with us. We will definitly take the advice on the rooms and see what we can do. We appricate your business and hope you have the chance to visit us again in the near futre.
Red Lion Hotel
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Checked into the Red Lion 7/28/2014. Tried to check in at 1:30 PM. Manager told me to come back after 3:00 PM. Assigned a room across from the laundry on the bottom floor. Though a non-smoking room, the room stunk as a result of being next to the exit door where smokers congregate. It was 102 degrees outside and no one bothered to turn on the air conditioner prior to my arrival. The refrigerator did not work very well - not very cold. Asked the manager for a map of the building so that I could locate the fitness center, ice machine, etc. She showed me on the printout where those things were that I asked about. I asked if I could have a copy of the map - was told NO!? I was very surprised by the glowing reviews that I read - probably shills for the owners. These folks take advantage of the fact that, because of their proximity to the airport, they do not count on return business. So, even thought it's cheap, I recommend paying a few dollars more for a bit of hospitality.
Mitch Jancic

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mitch,
Thank you very much for providing helpful feed back regarding your stay.We take our coustomers comlplaints and issues very seriously. Im sorry to hear our front desk staff did not handle your issuse in the correct manner. Please accept our apologies and we hope that you take the time to come back to us some day and see the posative changes we have made.
Sincerly.
Red Lion Hotle Front Desk Manager.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

For me, this hotel is 5 Star--not because it is world class but because it is such a value and you get so much for your hard earned dollar. The staff is committed to pleasing you and seeing that the facility is very well maintained. They take the time to not only greet customers but to greet them by name. The rooms are spacious with plenty of space for a desk and office chair, table and chairs for two, mini fridge, microwave and sink with granite counter plus the bed with quality linens. When is the last time you stayed in a hotel with a small laundromat for the patrons? The price was $67 per night! If you book three nights, you get a coupon for a free future night AND a $20.00 gift certificate. It is very close to the airport, arena, and Ontario Mills Mall. Tomorrow I plan on using both the pool and jacuzzi. Red Lion, I will return...even if I didn't get the free night and gift certificate.

Room Tip: They are working on the elevator so if you don't want to "walk off your dinner," stay...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RLH204, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear DrBRDS,
Thank you so much taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay. We are thrilled when we are able to exceed our expectations.Exceeding our guests expectations is what we strive for and are glad to hear we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Red Lion Hotel Staff.
Avalon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for one our Managers who was attending a training the next day. The person who helped book this reservation on line was amazing. He booked our Manager for a late check out and his pet. Never mentioned fees. Once our Manager checked in, he was assessed fees for everything as well as being greeted by a rude hostess at the front desk. Beds were also uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there are fees for late check out and pets.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RLH204, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Kim H,
We are so sorry to hear that your stay didnt go as soomth as planned.I appricate you taking the time to comment about you'r stay. We take all customera issues bery seriously. In sorry to hear our front office staff sis not handle your issue with professionalism. Please except our apologies and i hope if you give us a chance we can make it up to you on your next stay.
Sincerley,
Red Lion Hotel staff.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The room was clean and quiet (except for the occasional train) Close to the air port and the freeways The staff in the breakfast room and front desk were friendly Good value for the money Would definitely stat here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jwhow,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful comment about your stay with us. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding our guest's expectations is what we strive for and we are happy to hear that we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Red Lion Staff

Been to Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!