“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 North Vineyard, Ontario, CA 91764 (Formerly Ayres Boutique Suites Ontario Airport)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We chose this hotel for the convenience to the airport and the price. We were so pleased with the hotel and staff. From check-in to check-out they were available to help us with our needs. The room was clean and well-appointed, far more than you would expect for the price. The airport shuttle was a minivan and the driver was friendly and helpful. Despite the proximity to the airport, there was no additional noise from airplanes or traffic. The furnishings were not generic hotel furnishings and we enjoyed the appointments throughout. The lobby felt like visiting a friend's home. This hotel is a bargain and far nicer than the "equivalent" big name hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quiet. Choose downstairs so you don't have to carry your bags up the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MGB204, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Budgetmama405,
Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will comeback and visit us again.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was shocked that the hotel was so clean and nice for the price ($72). The shuttle was not a bus but a very nice brand new Toyota (I think,) van. The staff was very nice and the room was beautiful. I could have easily been in a room that cost $150 or more. Would defanitly stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Skunz18,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for you accommodations. We am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be aware that we recently re-branded to Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport. We are very excited about this new change and look forward to seeing you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

It would be nice to have a larger bed available in the handicap room. My husband and I are used to sleeping in a Cal King bed and having a King size bed in the handicap room would be a big plus. We were uncomfortable each night and barely slept in the Queen size bed we were given. Won't be staying here again unless King bed is an option in the Handicap room.

• Stayed October 2013
MGB204, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Ms. Karen Van,
Please accept our sincere apology regarding your recent stay at the Magnuson Grand Boutique Suites. We apologize that your experience was as comfortable as you had expected. We try to accommodate our guests the best that we can but can not guarantee a specific room type. We want all our guest to have a pleasant experience when they stay with us and value any and all feedback that is provided. Thank you for taking the time out to write your review and for your feedback!
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with everything about the Magnuson Suites.
Very nice room, very nice staff.
There is nothing to say negative about this place.
All the appointments were well done.
Very Clean and they kept it that way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Let me thank you for taking the time out to write your review. We are very happy that you chose our hotel to stay at. We hope that you chose to stay with us again as we will be changing names to Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport and are very excited as we will have making some additions and offering great perks for our guest. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel, which is near the Ontario airport, was a last minute booking after the end of a long cross country drive.

Based on the last minute pricetag, I was not expecting much; however, to my surprise, it was a wonderful place.

I found the best price on a third party site, and did have to sit in the lobby for about 10 minutes until the reservation came through to the system. Once it did, we were promptly checked in, and we were offered a room on the 1st or 2nd floor. There is no elevator; however, they were clear with that at check-in. We choose a 2nd floor.

The room was very nice and very comfortable. The beds were soft, the carpet was plush, everything was super clean, and it was in a quiet comfortable surrounding area with other hotels and businesses.

In the morning, you can opt for a cold free continental or a $5.00 hot and cold. The breakfast room is located in a nice area adjacent to the really nice pool area.

Overall, we had a great stay, and I would definitely stay here again, if I needed to stay in Ontario.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be aware that the hotel will be changing its name later this month to Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport. We are very excited about this and hope that you will come back and visit us again
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The room was great. Check in was great.
The price was right.
I had a hard time figuring out how to get to the pool, it was clean and very nice once I did.
Breakfast was confusing. My reservation included breakfast, but when I got to the dining room there was a sign with various breakfast meals for for $5.00. There was a chef type person and another employee standing behind the service counter. One grunted and the other just stood there. I was looking at the menu, and was provided no help. Not up to any confrontation so early in the morning, I didn't order food, just fixed myself a waffle, got some coffee and orange juice. I did tell the individual in the chefs hat I was in room ###. At which point he looked at a typed list and made a notation. I left, still wondering what the hell breakfast was about. AT NO POINT DID ANY EMPLOYEE SAY A WORD.
Other than that a very good experience at the Magnuson.

Room Tip: No tips. I was on the ground floor and it was quiet. The hotel is surrounded by parking, so I don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Shadyside, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff at the Magnuson went above what was required to make my stay at their hotel comfortable. They were very well mannered, had all my information available upon check in - helped me with transportation and also left early on the morning I was checking out to get me to the airport in plenty of time for my flight. I would definitely stay at this establishment again, it was clean, comfortable, and well maintained (pool and hot tub) with clean towels for use while swimming or laying out. On my second day, the young lady working the front desk already remembered my name - they were very helpful with local information as I had never been there before.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Lion Hotel Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!