“LIARS!” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“LIARS!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

my husband and i made reservation at this hotel for a little get away from home. he called the day of check in to ask what time our room would be ready and they told us 3 o'clock. we arrived at 345 and they tell us our room is not ready and it would be an hour until check in. i asked for a discount and they gave us a free appetizer. after a hour of waiting i went to the front desk to ask how much longer and i was told they would check and let us know after 15mins passing they never came. at this point my husband went to the management and nothing was done. i will not return to this hotel because the staff is rude and they do not know customer service what so ever.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great find as it is a fairly new hotel. We only stayed 1 night as we were passing through but very clean. Great pool as it was indoor. Very modern concept. I'm sure I overlooked this but we stay at Embassy Suites because of our family and our room was a standard room not accessible and it did not have a bath tub. This made the bathing the toddler a little difficult.

Room Tip: If you need a bathtub - double check 1st.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dunnville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Having booked at another hotel for a room to sleep 6, I was disappointed to find the online agency had "wrongfully identified" the rooms capacity. We were able to make due for the night, but a quick google search found the Embassy Suites just a few minutes away. I phoned to check availability and room capacity and was pleasantly surprised to discover it was going to cost me less to stay at the Embassy Suites Ontario-Airport.
We checked out from the original hotel and raced over to the Embassy. As we walked in, my four sons, my wife and I all stopped dead in our tracks, overwhelmed by the magnificent lobby. The desk clerk was very polite and expedient, taking my information and handing me the key card to "heaven on earth." The room was amazing. New everything. The bathroom was huge with entrances from the living area and from the adjoining bedroom. The mini-kitchen area had my wife and I thinking about preparing some breakfasts in room, until we experienced our first buffet breakfast.
There were different cereals, breads and pastries, juices, milk, coffee and tea, but the hot buffet with scrambled eggs, home fries, and pancakes could not be outdone by the chef waiting to make a custom omelet, served with bacon, or sausage. All included in the price of the room. I have 4 sons, 3 are teenagers, the same breakfast outside the hotel would have cost me about $60. Thank you Embassy Suites!!
The dining area was incredible and the lounge where complimentary appetizers and drinks are served each night sets quite the mood, very peaceful and relaxing, especially after a busy day.
We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub, both were heated to comfortable levels for everyone's enjoyment.
The staff are top-notch! There were several times we needed something extra (like a fork for leftover cake from dinner) and they responded immediately and with great friendliness. They were people you felt you could sit and talk with.
Later in our holiday we got stuck in a hotel from hell outside San Diego. I would have loved to have commuted back and forth to the Embassy Suites Ontario.
From now on, it's Embassy Suites all the way.

Room Tip: Even though it is close to the airport and a rail line, we never heard a noise, not even from the ha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel. The lobby is beautiful with fire and water features. The hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. I travel here on business and the location is five minutes from several of my customers. The rooms are very quiet and very well appointed. The breakfast reception was top notch. The evening manager's reception is one of the best I have been to at an Embassy Suites. Instead of serving the awful Copper Cellars wines, they serve a much better La Terre wine. The snacks are different every night and very good. Would I stay here again? You bet. The only complaint I have is that the Fitness Room is not as well eqipped as the nearby Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two different trips and was very impressed by it. On the first trip, I stayed overnight on a very short cross country trip to Redlands. I picked this hotel because the reviews were good, because it was close to my meeting and because I had a number of recent good experiences with Hilton hotels. I knew as I made the reservation that hotel was pretty much brand new. I had a good stay at the hotel, thought it was immaculate and modern and I basically have only positive things to say about this place.

My second stay was more recent. This time, I brought my family with me. Again, the hotel was simply spotless and the staff was very polite and accommodating.

One thing that the hotel could probably do to make the experience even better would be to have some sort of a sandwich bar or a café where people can easily take food to go. Also, although this hotel is perfect for those who are on business travel, there doesn't seem to be a lot for kids to do, either in the hotel or in the area around Ontario. However, whenever I need to be anywhere near here on business, I'm going to come back to this hotel. Beautiful property and the price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Nice suites complete with bedroom, living room, large bathroom, and 'kitchen' area (table/desk, fridge, microwave, sink). Now for those that aren't familiar with Embassy Suites, there are two 'perks' that come with your stay: 1) breakfast is included complete with eggs made to order and all the other good stuff. 2) Manager's reception - free drinks and snacks from 5:30-7:30pm. Very close to the airport with complimentary shuttle. Very nice exercise facility complete with several machines and free weights. Indoor pool and spa. After looking at hotels close by and comparing the rates, I don't know how you could not choose this hotel over the others. I have stayed in this area before because of work and I am so glad they built this place.. Also, there's a mall close by and tons of restaurants, however, there are not any restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Very modern, new hotel open for one year. Decor is simple, neutral, sleek; not your typical Embassy Suites. Suites have spacious, well-designed desk space. Wi-Fi in-room with adequate connection. Two flat-screen TVs with multiple High Definition channels. Pool is very small and usually occupied by kids, but the exercise room makes up for it. Current cardio machines, free weights, and even a foam roller. Rooms feature a small refrigerator, microwave, in-room coffee. Manager's Reception 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm nightly with basic drinks and simple appetizers. Very quiet. A good base of operations for trips to the Ontario and/or Rancho Cucamonga area. My only complaint is that my room was not well-cleaned and towels/glassware replaced one day. When I reported this they promptly delivered what I needed. Pricing of about $115 per night plus tax seemed quite reasonable given the quality of accommodations and amenities. I will return.

Room Tip: My room faced I-10 and was quiet. Rooms facing the Ontario Airport might be noisier.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Ontario-Airport? Share your experiences!