This Embassy Suites hotel is brand, spanking new, and just opened last month. We were fortunate to attend the party in August 2011 where they opened the hotel for friends of the community. Upon entering, one can tell that this is not the typical Embassy (which are comforting and nice) but they are trying a new design, new style and it is definitely chic and cooler.
The hotel is crazy close to Ontario Airport (noted recently as the newest airport with the lowest fees in the local newspaper), so that's a major plus. Citizen's Business Bank Arena and the Ontario Convention Center are also very close. Secondly, a train passed near the hotel, and I didn't hear anything. Nothing at all. The acoustics are fantastic and they really took note to not let the guests suffer, or even notice that it's close to the train.
We were treated to ice sculptures and fancy cakes that might have been for the special party, but the meeting atrium was super cool, with a neat long fireplace, comfy chaise lounge chairs in deuce fashion, and distinctive hanging lamps in the airy walkway.
Even though I was extra late, the nice manager took us on a tour of the rooms (I didn't tell him that I'd be posting on TA until the very end). The suites are upgraded and brand new with huge windows and a new design. The room layout is different than the regular Embassy atrium you'd expect (with the pond in the center/all doors facing inward). Instead, this feels more like a high-end hotel with hallways. The rooms are beautiful with black and white themed furnishings. Two flat screens and really nice, new fixtures. The bathroom of the king bedroom had a "Rainshower" head, and the queen bedrooms had the tub. New to this Embassy hotel in Ontario only, a new design: Now guests are able to combine rooms and get a combo of rooms for larger families, (i.e., you can get a king room, with the customary Embassy livingroom sofa (folds into a bed), along with an attached 2 queen bedroom...If I'm counting this right, that would be 2 people in the king, 2 in the fold out sofa in the living room, and 2 each in the queens, so a family of 8 could stay together in their own "suite" which would be unprecedented.
Not sure how much the hotel goes for a night, but it was so new and inviting, it would be worth it. Anyone would be happy here. I'm proud that the Embassy is thinking out of the box, and doing so much to make the guests happy. Of course, breakfast is included and the manager has a welcome reception each night. Free parking is always a plus.
Oh, and the food. The food at the party was fantastic, and according to the Manager, would be similar to the food served in the hotel restaurant (named Chelly's?). We ate delicious sauces with the meat, chicken, shrimp and salmon.
Kudos to Embassy. Welcome to Ontario.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Ontario-Airport Hotel Ontario
- Embassy Suites Ontario-Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Embassy Suites Ontario - Airport! The Embassy Suites Ontario – Airport hotel is not defined by fluff but rather by thoughtfulness and attention to detail to those things that matter to travelers. We want to be your first choice when visiting the Inland Empire and Ontario, California.We are located in Ontario, California, just off Interstate 10 and Interstate 15 in the heart of the Ontario business district near companies such as Frito Lay, Target, Toyota, Fed Ex, BMW of North America and NAMM. The LAX/Ontario International Airport, Ontario Convention Center, Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario Mills Mall and the California Speedway are all in close proximity to the Embassy Suites Ontario - Airport. Visitors of Frito Lay, Target, Toyota, Fed Ex, BMW of North America, NAMM, DPI Specialty Foods, and UPS will find the Embassy Suites Ontario - Airport both convenient and opportune. Cal Poly Pomona and Chaffey College are a short drive from the hotel. The LAX/Ontario Airports and Ontario Convention Center are just a few minutes away. The value-minded business traveler will enjoy our amenities such as an oversized work desk area, complimentary wireless high-speed internet and airport shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Ontario-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.