“Falsely accused” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Salem, Oregon
“Falsely accused”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The desk staff at the motel was hostile. Our phone rang at 9:30 in the morning awakening us, being disorientated we were unable to answer it before it stopped ringing. My husband got up to use the restroom and I was trying to return to sleep. There was a commotion that seemed to be coming from the hall. Unable to return to sleep and realizing the time, we recalled that we needed to confirm an extension of our stay with the front desk. My husband called and was yelled at by the desk clerk for not answering the phone and for making excessive noise is our room.

I got up and went down to the front desk in person to inquire why we were being falsely accused of making noise. Nothing we said would convince her that we had been the source of the noise. I asked to speak to the manager. She was unavailable.

I asked several more times throughout the day to speak to the manager. When I got the call asked if it was still important. I explained the situation and was assured that the staff member would be further trained in dealing with guests. The desk staff glared at us the remainder of our stay.

As we were leaving, this same staff member was being hostile to another guest, absolutely accusing them of something they hadn't done and trying to extract money from them on the spot. It seems that nothing was resolved. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Cam349,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry your stay was not to your satisfaction. We want to provide the best customer service we can to every guest. Our front desk staff is always complimented on their friendliness and welcoming attitudes. We strive to meet every guest’s individual needs and wants. I’m sorry you didn’t feel like that was the case during your stay. We hope you come back and give us another chance!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for our anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised. We noticed the banner that was hung out at the front entrance that states that they have won many awards for "Ontario hotel of the year" and I can see why. This hotel is spotless. They absolutely pay close attention to the tidiness of this hotel. The employees at this hotel were all so nice and went above and beyond to help us out with anything that we needed. I love the small details like the delicious complimentary coffee that they offer 24/7 and the personalized welcome note written on the mirror in your room. Our room was clean our bed was comfy and the flat screen in our room was huge! This hotel has extremely reasonable rates too. Just an overall A+ in my book. This is not only a hotel we will be staying at again in the future but we will also be referring friends and family to this hotel as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Dina R.

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary. I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay! We want every guest to be able to relax and enjoy their stay from the moment they check into our hotel. One way we strive to do that is with an extremely high cleanliness standard that we will not compromise. We want to shine for every guest and I’m so glad we shinned for you and your fiancé! We hope to see you both again in the near future. Best of luck to you!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Unable to find a comfort suites as good or better then Ontario airport Comfort Suites Is still
the Number one Hotel in the Country. Friendly Personnel they make your stay like home.
they have the BEST breakfast never the same during the week changes with a different menu.
The Housekeepers know your name and speak to you by name when they pass you in the
Hotel. Amber is the greatest desk services you could ask for. My opinion any time in Southern
Cal. Stay Here.

Room Tip: Any Room all the same
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard F.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I have to agree, Amber is incredible! I’m so happy to see you are enjoying and noticing the extra touches we try to add to every guests stay. We know eating the same thing every morning can get boring, so we do try to constantly change our breakfast choices, as well as make sure we always have our guests’ favorites available. Our housekeeping staff is wonderful and takes pride in the superb way they take care of our hotel. We hope next time you are in Ontario you will stay with us again! Have a wonderful week!
las veags
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for the recent IndyCar race at AAA Speedway (formerly California Speedway) in Fontana. Hotel is convent to the track and lots of restaurants and shopping. It is also confidently close to the 10 freeway. Stay was welcoming and friendly. Rooms were clean and well appointed for a mid-tier hotel. Beds and bedding were very comfortable. Included breakfast had plenty of choice and was good quality (in comparison to other hotels included breakfasts). We will definitely stay here again for the next IndyCar race in Fontana. Special recognition in room for Choice Privileges members and towel animals were a nice surprise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear hunkalove,

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay...and hopefully the races as well! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear the voice of our guests, especially our Choice Privileges Members. We are looking forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my boyfriend and my first time staying at this hotel, but I had relatively high expectations since it has such great reviews here on TripAdvisor. Our usual hotel in the area was too high of a price on Hotels.com so we chose Comfort Suites and booked directly with the hotel to ensure we could check in early. I called back early the morning of our reservation and was able to speak with the person I originally made the reservation with, who confirmed we'd be able to arrive anytime after 10am!

We arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm and checked quickly and easily. The room was great. They drew a flower and wrote "Welcome Keridwyn" on the mirror in the main room and folded the towels in the room as well as the bathroom into nice shapes (a dog and bows, respectively). The room was pretty spacious as it has a bed as well as a fold-out couch. Though we didn't use the microwave, having a fridge in the room is a big selling point for us.

I didn't use the wifi so I can't comment on the speed, but it being free is always great. Also, free parking is nice and the lot was never too full. The shower took a really long time to heat up in the afternoon, maybe because laundry was being done, but it did get very hot. The bathroom is decently sized and has tons of counter space, which I like for laying out my makeup. Also, the mirror ran the full length of the sink wall, another plus. I didn't love that the bathroom door would automatically close itself, so we used a little ottoman-bench-thing to prop it open so we could talk while I did my makeup.

On our way back in around 3am, we requested a late check out and were told noon would be the latest, but that was fine with us.

We did however receive a phone call from the front desk around 11:20am asking if we were on the way down. I told them we'd gotten an okay for a noon check out and it was fine. The lack of communication was a little annoying, but nothing major. Checking out was great - the woman working the desk asked how the event was and was probably the most enthusiastic desk agent I've ever dealt with, which was a great end to our stay.

Overall, I'm really happy with this place. I'm not sure if it'll be our new usual, but since I'm very picky with hotels, it's nice to have another great option in the Ontario area.

Room Tip: Booking through 3rd party sites like Hotels.com don't allow you to change your reservation at th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Keridwyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review! I know other Trip Advisor members will appreciate it as well! I’m so glad you enjoyed the personal touches we like to do for our guests. We want you to know how welcome you are every time you come to stay with us. We hope we will become your new usual!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and it wasn't as good as our first. The staff members are all still very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good with muffins, cereals, fruit, bagels, waffles, eggs and more.

Unfortunately, our stay was not as pleasant due to a few factors. We had a room on the front side and the noise from the trains blasting their horns continued all night long. The wi-fi was very slow and the television lost service for a while one evening. Also, I noticed that there are plug-in air fresheners everywhere, which I don't remember from our first visit. Perhaps I just missed them previously, but they definitely were noticeable this time. The fragrance is overwhelming in the lobby and hallways. Studies have shown that these devices emit toxic chemicals so I don't know why any business would want to subject their employees and guests to them. If you are sensitive to these air-fresheners or to strong fragrances, then you'll want to avoid this hotel.

Overall, I would still recommend this hotel to travelers who are looking for a place to stay that is clean and has reasonable rates. Just be aware of the train noise and and plug-in air fresheners and decide if you can accept those limitations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear jj4306,

I’m so happy you came to stay with us for a second time! We love having return guests and being able to serve you again. I’m sorry your second stay was not a wonderful as your first. We want every stay to be better than the last so you will want to come and stay with us again. I’m happy that our front desk staff and breakfast was to your liking. As for the unpleasant things you experienced I apologize. I hope that you will come and stay with us another time. We would love the opportunity to show you we are better than that. Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts on your stay. Hearing the voice of our guests helps me to make our hotel better and better. We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We chose to stay at the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport because of the reviews we read on tripadvisor, almost all of which were above average. We decided before the trip that since there were three of us we would book two rooms and two of would share one room since it was just one night. When we checked in and asked the woman(Joan) at the front desk if we could get two Queen beds in one of the rooms we were told we couldn't change our rooms because we didn't book directly with them. Joan refused to help us with the room situation until we canceled our reservation with Hotels.com and rebooked with her. We spent over thirty minutes checking in and felt like we were being punished for using Hotels.com, the Hotel is nice but I think we will use a different hotel next time. We also had a problem with the rain leaking in around the window.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear mcclegg52,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know how frustrating it can be after traveling all day and just wanting to get into your room and relax. I’m sorry that’s not how your check in worked. Unfortunately when booking with a third party we have to honor their rules and the contracts we have with them. We would never want a guest to feel like they were being punished for booking with a third party! I’m so sorry that is how it came across. I hope you can understand the position we are put in follow their rules and regulations. I hope the rest of your stay (the rooms, breakfast, amenities) were able to make up for your frustrating check in. I hope you change your mind and stay with us the next time you are in Ontario.

Been to Comfort Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!