“Hits and misses” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hits and misses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and it wasn't as good as our first. The staff members are all still very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was good with muffins, cereals, fruit, bagels, waffles, eggs and more.

Unfortunately, our stay was not as pleasant due to a few factors. We had a room on the front side and the noise from the trains blasting their horns continued all night long. The wi-fi was very slow and the television lost service for a while one evening. Also, I noticed that there are plug-in air fresheners everywhere, which I don't remember from our first visit. Perhaps I just missed them previously, but they definitely were noticeable this time. The fragrance is overwhelming in the lobby and hallways. Studies have shown that these devices emit toxic chemicals so I don't know why any business would want to subject their employees and guests to them. If you are sensitive to these air-fresheners or to strong fragrances, then you'll want to avoid this hotel.

Overall, I would still recommend this hotel to travelers who are looking for a place to stay that is clean and has reasonable rates. Just be aware of the train noise and and plug-in air fresheners and decide if you can accept those limitations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear jj4306,

I’m so happy you came to stay with us for a second time! We love having return guests and being able to serve you again. I’m sorry your second stay was not a wonderful as your first. We want every stay to be better than the last so you will want to come and stay with us again. I’m happy that our front desk staff and breakfast was to your liking. As for the unpleasant things you experienced I apologize. I hope that you will come and stay with us another time. We would love the opportunity to show you we are better than that. Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts on your stay. Hearing the voice of our guests helps me to make our hotel better and better. We hope to see you again soon!

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We chose to stay at the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport because of the reviews we read on tripadvisor, almost all of which were above average. We decided before the trip that since there were three of us we would book two rooms and two of would share one room since it was just one night. When we checked in and asked the woman(Joan) at the front desk if we could get two Queen beds in one of the rooms we were told we couldn't change our rooms because we didn't book directly with them. Joan refused to help us with the room situation until we canceled our reservation with Hotels.com and rebooked with her. We spent over thirty minutes checking in and felt like we were being punished for using Hotels.com, the Hotel is nice but I think we will use a different hotel next time. We also had a problem with the rain leaking in around the window.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear mcclegg52,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know how frustrating it can be after traveling all day and just wanting to get into your room and relax. I’m sorry that’s not how your check in worked. Unfortunately when booking with a third party we have to honor their rules and the contracts we have with them. We would never want a guest to feel like they were being punished for booking with a third party! I’m so sorry that is how it came across. I hope you can understand the position we are put in follow their rules and regulations. I hope the rest of your stay (the rooms, breakfast, amenities) were able to make up for your frustrating check in. I hope you change your mind and stay with us the next time you are in Ontario.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Palm Springs because the hotels in L.A. were $50 a night more expensive. This hotel had great quality sheets and towels. The rooms were large. It is more upscale than Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Lynlewi,

I’m so happy you enjoyed our comfortable bedding and plush towels during your stay. We take pride in making sure all our guests feel like a valued member of the family. After a long drive in the car there is nothing better than being able to spread out a little in a larger room and a comfortable bed. We hope you enjoyed your time in Palm Springs and plan to stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our wonderful guests!
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the nicest Comfort Suites I've ever seen, for a great price. The rooms are massive, the furnishings are updated, and everything looks well maintained and clean. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear krafte2,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I love that you enjoyed our wonderful hotel as much as I do. We try hard to keep our hotel in beautiful shape for our guests. With wonderful reviews like yours it makes all the hard work so rewarding. We hope you do come and stay with us again!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a nice stay at this hotel last year, we decided to come back for another stay. We requested an early check-in during the reservation process, and on the day of arrival we called the hotel and were not granted an early check-in. The troubling part was that the female associate was not very pleasant on the phone when inquiring about our request. When we finally arrived, the associate told me the computer system was down and he was not able to check me in. After 15 minutes of waiting, he finally checked us in. The room was nice, but we found what appeared to be a dirty shoe print on the white sheet in the bed. The room was nice and big; good t.v.; small fridge; microwave, and free wi-fi. Breakfast room was nice and roomy, decent selection of food, good coffee. Overall a nice hotel, but a couple of questionable issues. I might consider this hotel again in the future. Good luck and safe travels.

Room Tip: Very long corridors - request a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Artwrk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I’m so happy you decided to stay with us again. I’m sorry your check in did not go as smoothly as it should have. Excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves in and I’m sorry you did not experience that. Early check-ins can be a little tricky. We understand how tiring travel can be and want to get you into your room and comfortable as soon as you arrive, but sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. Having our systems go down is unusual, but it does happen. If we have clean and ready rooms we are happy to check you in when you arrive before our posted check in time. Sometime, especially when we were sold out the night before, it takes housekeeping a little longer to turn rooms over. We want every room to be fresh and ready for our next guest. I hope that all the other aspects of your stay were wonderful. We want every guest to feel welcomed and appreciated. We try to show that in every aspect of your stay from check in, welcoming rooms, delicious breakfast, and most importantly wonderful staff. We hope you will come and stay with us again and let us shine for you!
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in Ontario to see a Lakers-game at the CBB-Arena. Based on the reviews here we booked this hotel. And they did deliver!

When we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly people at the front desk. Check in was done in less than a minute and we received some information on restaurants nearby.

Room was very spacious and looked brandnew to me. Beds were clean and crisp and felt great.

Although being very close to the airport, no airplane noise at all in the room.

We did not have breakfast in the hotel (personally I think 9 a.m. is too early), but overall it was a very nice stay and I would highly recommend this.

When in Ontario area, stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucas5915,

I love the title of your review! I agree! STAY HERE! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We hope all our guests will have the same experience as you did with a welcoming front desk person, quick and efficient check in, clean and fresh hotel room, and a peaceful nights rest. I hope you enjoyed your Lakers game! Come see us again!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice hotel, lovely building, nice staff, good breakfast, except our bathroom had hairs on bottom of toilet, not fun.
I also found hair in my ice bucket, when I opened.
I did not want to complain, because I had a good rate.
during morning breakfast, I wanted to talk to the front desk girl, but she was busy talking to the maintenance person for over an hour, so we just left our keys on counter.Had a hard time getting wireless, on laptops and phone, I called front desk, they said it was my pc.
I had to go down to business center and get directions for a location.
other than this we slept well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jack L.,

Thank you for letting me know how your stay went. We want every room sparkling and shining when our guests arrive. Please never hesitate to contact our front desk and let them know there are issues with your room. We are eager to fix any issue that might arise, but first we need to know about them. We want every guest to feel like they are the first guest to ever stay in their room. As General Manager I love to hear what my guests have to say. My front desk staff is there to help with your every need. I’m sorry that did not happen the morning of your checkout. Please never hesitate to ask for me so that I may take care of you. I hope you will come and see us again next time you are in Ontario!

Been to Comfort Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!