“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Ontario
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for most of the past six weeks. In addition, I have stayed there intermittently for the past three or four years. It is definitely one of the best Comfort Suites I have stayed in as an elite member of Choice. I stay frequently with Choice. I rate this hotel among the best five I have stayed in, including the Comfort Suites off the Riverwalk in San Antonio. First of all, the facility is very clean and it is apparent the staff works at keeping it nice.
Security is good ensuring a safe walk throught the lobby to get to your room. Keys are required to access the side doors. Breakfast is great as they offer a variety of options to suit your health and taste. The gym is well equipped and they provide the essentials such as bottled water and clean towels. The equipment is adequate for a hotel. Recently, the gym was upgraded with noted improvements. They replaced the carpet with a dark brown vinyl flooring. The new flooring gives you the sensation of being in South Lake Tahoe. The staff is very eager to assist when requested at all levels. Although I drive to the hotel, I did notice the around the clock shuttle service to airport.
The rooms are very nice and yes they are suites. I figure they are about 40% more spacious
than the average hotel for the price. I also stay in Marriots and this hotel is right up there with the Marriots I have visited. The bathroom facilities are also very unique as they are spacious with all the amenities one would expect in a hotel. Finally, the television is a large flat screen and probably about the largest you will find in any top of the line hotel. I venture to say it is at least a 42 inch screen with great reception. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room or floor is good as it all depends on your preferance
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Alex A.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! Your praise humbles me and inspires me at the same time. Such high praise coming from such a seasoned traveler is so rewarding. I know you have many hotels options when traveling and I’m so happy you continue to come and stay with us. We appreciate all our guests, but truly love the opportunity to get to know our repeat guests. We take great lengths to make sure our guests feel welcome, safe, comfortable, and like they are home away from home. We want you to have all the comforts of home, including a nice comfortable bed, large bathroom, sitting area in your room, and a nice big TV to relax to after a long day. We hope you will be coming in to stay with us again soon! Travel safe.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this Hotel. I have never felt so Welcome at a Hotel. The whole staff are Excellent. The whole property is Extremely clean. If you are staying in the Los Angeles area, stay at this hotel. You will not be sorry.

Dear Rpgamble7,

We loved having the opportunity to serve you for four nights! I’m so happy you felt so welcome and happy during your stay. We truly love our guests and are delighted when you come to stay. We want every guest to feel like they are coming home. We hope you come back to visit us next time you’re in our neck of the woods!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband (a Choice Rewards member) and I checked in (room 216 I think) on September 11th. From the minute we walked in we felt welcomed by Joan. I was having sinus surgery the following morning at USC (yes, again) and we were tired and hoping the checkin process wouldnt take too long. Joan welcomed us immediately with a great big friendly smile. We had requested extra pillows for our bed due to my sinus surgery and lo and behold they were on our bed. I was pleasantly surprised. Housekeeping had written our names on the mirror in our room which is a brilliant marketing tactic. Our room had a queen sized bed overlooking a cute Italian diner, a divider and a sofa bed. The room also has a cute little fridge as well as a microwave. This is one of the best , cleanest and just generally well run hotels I've ever stayed in. We'el be back.....next week actually!

Dear Cookingal,

The best part of your review is that you will be coming back! Hopefully it is for something more enjoyable than sinus surgery! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. I’m happy all your needs and wants were met. With something as stressful as surgery I’m glad you had a nice, relaxing, comfortable room to rest in. We love our Choice Rewards Members and we are looking forward to serving you again!
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I hesitate to use the word spotless in a review, because any facity that has the public traipsing in and out will have a bit of dust and trash left behind, but this place is very close to being spotless. Great friendly staff, comfortable quiet rooms, good breakfast make for a very nice stay. I really liked the coat rack just inside the room door and the computer charging station/ network port on the desktop. Only glitch in the stay, WiFi kept dropping out on everyone of our devices, three android phone/tablets and a Macbook. Good strong signal, just not response from the network, requiring repeated log ins.

Room Tip: The side away from Holt Blvd is quieter, but the rooms are well insulated, so not much of a factor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear nikOregon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously and I’m glad it shined for you! We want every guest to feel like they are coming home and that means a clean and comfortable room, a smiling face to welcome you, and all your needs met. I’m sorry you had an issue with the Wi-Fi. Next time please let the front desk know so we can help you resolve the issue. We are always happy to assistant in any way possible. We loved having you stay with us and hope you will come and visit us again!
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel and was blown away by the whole experience. I am a Choice Privileges member and they personally recognized me by a star on the door and a personal welcome note written in the room upon my arrival. The rooms were clean, as was the whole hotel, from the elevators to the pool. Breakfast was good each morning, variety from day to day as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you so much for being a Choice Privileges member with us! I couldn't be happier to hear that you were blown away by your experience with us. That's what we strive for! We work hard to make every aspect of our hotel as clean, inviting, and comfortable as possible. Our guests are the most important thing to us, so thank you again so much for coming to stay with us!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything was nice and clean in this hotel. The elevators even smelled like lemons. The breakfast was much better than most with lots of fresh fruit - berries, watermelon, cantaloupe, casaba and pineapple and I might add that they all were nice and sweet. This was in addition to bacon and eggs and many other choices. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FemdaleGirl,

Our breakfast is something we truly take pride in! We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want our guests to start their day off right with a large selection of fresh and tasty items to choose from. m so happy to hear that you enjoyed it as much as we enjoy making it for you! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The reviews do not lead you wrong on this hotel. We stayed here for 5 nights and could not have been more comfortable. First off the staff, everyone that we came in contact with, was amazing. They were all very friendly and helpful. Next, the property is amazingly well kept and clean. The rooms are spotless all of the public areas are as well. There is always fresh water with fresh fruit in it at the front desk and coffee and hot water as well. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. Could barely hear other rooms (both above and next to us) and could not hear noise from the hallway. The wifi was great and easy to use. We were at the end of a 2 week trip so had laundry to do and the laundry room was very clean and easy to use. Breakfasts were great. Everyday there was fresh fruit and fruit salads. And not your run of the mill fruit salads. We had season berries with peaches, and melons. There were hot choises each day as well as hot and cold cereal, make your own waffles, pastries, breads, yogurt, cheeses, and hard boiled eggs. We were here to get our daughter moved into Scripps College which is about a 10 minute drive away. She will be there for the next four years and this will definitely be a place to stay when we are visiting. Thank you for making our stay so comfortable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear momlikestotravel,

Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said about our hotel and your stay with us! Our goal is go above and beyond in each and every area and make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience and that you will be coming back to stay with us again when you come to visit your daughter. We'll see you soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!