“Almost perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Oregon
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I hesitate to use the word spotless in a review, because any facity that has the public traipsing in and out will have a bit of dust and trash left behind, but this place is very close to being spotless. Great friendly staff, comfortable quiet rooms, good breakfast make for a very nice stay. I really liked the coat rack just inside the room door and the computer charging station/ network port on the desktop. Only glitch in the stay, WiFi kept dropping out on everyone of our devices, three android phone/tablets and a Macbook. Good strong signal, just not response from the network, requiring repeated log ins.

Room Tip: The side away from Holt Blvd is quieter, but the rooms are well insulated, so not much of a factor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear nikOregon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously and I’m glad it shined for you! We want every guest to feel like they are coming home and that means a clean and comfortable room, a smiling face to welcome you, and all your needs met. I’m sorry you had an issue with the Wi-Fi. Next time please let the front desk know so we can help you resolve the issue. We are always happy to assistant in any way possible. We loved having you stay with us and hope you will come and visit us again!

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel and was blown away by the whole experience. I am a Choice Privileges member and they personally recognized me by a star on the door and a personal welcome note written in the room upon my arrival. The rooms were clean, as was the whole hotel, from the elevators to the pool. Breakfast was good each morning, variety from day to day as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you so much for being a Choice Privileges member with us! I couldn't be happier to hear that you were blown away by your experience with us. That's what we strive for! We work hard to make every aspect of our hotel as clean, inviting, and comfortable as possible. Our guests are the most important thing to us, so thank you again so much for coming to stay with us!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything was nice and clean in this hotel. The elevators even smelled like lemons. The breakfast was much better than most with lots of fresh fruit - berries, watermelon, cantaloupe, casaba and pineapple and I might add that they all were nice and sweet. This was in addition to bacon and eggs and many other choices. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FemdaleGirl,

Our breakfast is something we truly take pride in! We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want our guests to start their day off right with a large selection of fresh and tasty items to choose from. m so happy to hear that you enjoyed it as much as we enjoy making it for you! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The reviews do not lead you wrong on this hotel. We stayed here for 5 nights and could not have been more comfortable. First off the staff, everyone that we came in contact with, was amazing. They were all very friendly and helpful. Next, the property is amazingly well kept and clean. The rooms are spotless all of the public areas are as well. There is always fresh water with fresh fruit in it at the front desk and coffee and hot water as well. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. Could barely hear other rooms (both above and next to us) and could not hear noise from the hallway. The wifi was great and easy to use. We were at the end of a 2 week trip so had laundry to do and the laundry room was very clean and easy to use. Breakfasts were great. Everyday there was fresh fruit and fruit salads. And not your run of the mill fruit salads. We had season berries with peaches, and melons. There were hot choises each day as well as hot and cold cereal, make your own waffles, pastries, breads, yogurt, cheeses, and hard boiled eggs. We were here to get our daughter moved into Scripps College which is about a 10 minute drive away. She will be there for the next four years and this will definitely be a place to stay when we are visiting. Thank you for making our stay so comfortable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear momlikestotravel,

Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said about our hotel and your stay with us! Our goal is go above and beyond in each and every area and make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience and that you will be coming back to stay with us again when you come to visit your daughter. We'll see you soon!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Warning! Management is very rude and unprofessional. This hotel discriminates against those who use 3rd party to book rooms (hotels.com, expedia, travelocity, etc.).

Like the 1 star reviewer below me, I also booked my room with a 3rd party (hotels.com) at the Ontario Suites for the nights of July 29-August 1 for the California bar. I had originally booked it for one person, but at the last minute my fiancee decided to join me in Ontario for one night to support me. He was only going to stay one night and leave the next morning because he had to return to work. I thought this would not be an issue as I had paid for a room that was meant for an occupancy of two.

Long story short, they refused to change my one person reservation to two for just ONE night based solely on the fact that I had booked with a 3rd party. This policy is very discriminatory against those who use 3rd parties and the ONLY hotel have ever heard of that does this. I asked her if I could pay a price difference, which is silly because I had already paid for a room which was meant for 2 people, and the price would have been the same regardless of whether I had booked for one or two. She then phones somebody up and then tells me that for $15 a night extra my fiance can stay in the room with me. REALLY??? So i guess it wasn't a policy after all, as she COULD change my reservation to two people but for an extra charge.... this is pure greed.

I then tell her that my fiance would only be staying one night and would not be eating the hotel breakfast, and I asked her if he could still stay without paying the $15 fee. She then rudely tells me no and that he would have to leave the hotel and could not stay as a guest. We were polite to her the whole time, and could not believe how we were treated. The manager's response to the 1 star reviewer below stating this is for security reasons is total [--], because she told me to my face that had I booked directly with the hotel then there would be no problem and she would have been able to change the reservation from 1 to 2 people. So obviously guests who were not originally "registered" are allowed in the hotel.

In conclusion, we were punished by the hotel because we did not book directly with them. This hotel does not treat all guests the same way, beware.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear NotatHome2013,

We appreciate every guest that comes through our doors, regardless of how their room was booked. We encourage guests to book their stay with us using any method they choose that works for them. We do not discriminate against third party booking sites. We contract with them and we strictly follow their reservation policies set forth in our agreement. Their policy is that we, the hotel, are not able to make any adjustments or changes to reservations made through their site, even the number of guests in the room. If a guest would like to make any changes to their reservations made with a third party, it must be done by the guest contacting the site they booked with directly. Unfortunately, this is their policy and we have to adhere to our contract, putting us in a tough position sometimes as with your case. We apologize that this resulted in a negative experience for you and your fiancé.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dear Ms. Ericksen,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding my recent stay at your property. To qualify my statement, I feel it is necessary to include my prior reservations at other properties. I have had the pleasure of experiencing the Parlor and Salon Suites at the Wynn in Las Vegas on no less than a dozen times and the Four Seasons in San Francisco several times as well. I feel that I am able to accurately compare my stay and your property with the ones mentioned above.

I was greeted with a very clean property and friendly staff. Check in was smooth and the room was not what I expected. I was more than surprised when I entered the room. It was maintained to a level one would expect from the properties above. Your staff was ready to help when asked and provided service that made my week stay that much more enjoyable. The hotel amenities where greatly appreciated and really completed your property.

I will definitely recommend your property to my office colleagues.

A BIG THANK YOU to your staff and you.

Wayne

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear wayne1021,

We cannot thank you enough for the praise and compliments that you have given us. Its confirmation that all our hard work and efforts are appreciated and enjoyed. It is absolutely our pleasure to take care of our guests to the fullest of our capabilities. Your words mean so much to us, thank you! We sure do hope that we'll be seeing you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and we were so impressed! Everything is super clean- the lobby, rooms, bathrooms - even the elevators. Friendly staff members made us feel welcome. I highly recommend the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear hmcks,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Comfort Suites Ontario! Cleanliness is so very important and we take it seriously. We want every room to have a brand new-clean feeling, as if its the first time anyones been in there. Thank you for your recommendation and if your in Ontario again, we sure hope to see you back!

Been to Comfort Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!