“Greedy and rude - Discriminates against those who use 3rd party to book” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Ontario Airport

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Los Angeles, California
“Greedy and rude - Discriminates against those who use 3rd party to book”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Warning! Management is very rude and unprofessional. This hotel discriminates against those who use 3rd party to book rooms (hotels.com, expedia, travelocity, etc.).

Like the 1 star reviewer below me, I also booked my room with a 3rd party (hotels.com) at the Ontario Suites for the nights of July 29-August 1 for the California bar. I had originally booked it for one person, but at the last minute my fiancee decided to join me in Ontario for one night to support me. He was only going to stay one night and leave the next morning because he had to return to work. I thought this would not be an issue as I had paid for a room that was meant for an occupancy of two.

Long story short, they refused to change my one person reservation to two for just ONE night based solely on the fact that I had booked with a 3rd party. This policy is very discriminatory against those who use 3rd parties and the ONLY hotel have ever heard of that does this. I asked her if I could pay a price difference, which is silly because I had already paid for a room which was meant for 2 people, and the price would have been the same regardless of whether I had booked for one or two. She then phones somebody up and then tells me that for $15 a night extra my fiance can stay in the room with me. REALLY??? So i guess it wasn't a policy after all, as she COULD change my reservation to two people but for an extra charge.... this is pure greed.

I then tell her that my fiance would only be staying one night and would not be eating the hotel breakfast, and I asked her if he could still stay without paying the $15 fee. She then rudely tells me no and that he would have to leave the hotel and could not stay as a guest. We were polite to her the whole time, and could not believe how we were treated. The manager's response to the 1 star reviewer below stating this is for security reasons is total [--], because she told me to my face that had I booked directly with the hotel then there would be no problem and she would have been able to change the reservation from 1 to 2 people. So obviously guests who were not originally "registered" are allowed in the hotel.

In conclusion, we were punished by the hotel because we did not book directly with them. This hotel does not treat all guests the same way, beware.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear NotatHome2013,

We appreciate every guest that comes through our doors, regardless of how their room was booked. We encourage guests to book their stay with us using any method they choose that works for them. We do not discriminate against third party booking sites. We contract with them and we strictly follow their reservation policies set forth in our agreement. Their policy is that we, the hotel, are not able to make any adjustments or changes to reservations made through their site, even the number of guests in the room. If a guest would like to make any changes to their reservations made with a third party, it must be done by the guest contacting the site they booked with directly. Unfortunately, this is their policy and we have to adhere to our contract, putting us in a tough position sometimes as with your case. We apologize that this resulted in a negative experience for you and your fiancé.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dear Ms. Ericksen,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding my recent stay at your property. To qualify my statement, I feel it is necessary to include my prior reservations at other properties. I have had the pleasure of experiencing the Parlor and Salon Suites at the Wynn in Las Vegas on no less than a dozen times and the Four Seasons in San Francisco several times as well. I feel that I am able to accurately compare my stay and your property with the ones mentioned above.

I was greeted with a very clean property and friendly staff. Check in was smooth and the room was not what I expected. I was more than surprised when I entered the room. It was maintained to a level one would expect from the properties above. Your staff was ready to help when asked and provided service that made my week stay that much more enjoyable. The hotel amenities where greatly appreciated and really completed your property.

I will definitely recommend your property to my office colleagues.

A BIG THANK YOU to your staff and you.

Wayne

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear wayne1021,

We cannot thank you enough for the praise and compliments that you have given us. Its confirmation that all our hard work and efforts are appreciated and enjoyed. It is absolutely our pleasure to take care of our guests to the fullest of our capabilities. Your words mean so much to us, thank you! We sure do hope that we'll be seeing you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and we were so impressed! Everything is super clean- the lobby, rooms, bathrooms - even the elevators. Friendly staff members made us feel welcome. I highly recommend the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear hmcks,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Comfort Suites Ontario! Cleanliness is so very important and we take it seriously. We want every room to have a brand new-clean feeling, as if its the first time anyones been in there. Thank you for your recommendation and if your in Ontario again, we sure hope to see you back!
Los Altos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here one night when I took my daughter to college because of its proximity to the Ontario airport. The hotel is about a mile from the Ontario airport and they have a free shuttle that you can reserve to take you to the airport. I was pleasantly surprised when I came into the room and saw the welcome message. Also, when I came down for breakfast the next morning I was happy to see hot oatmeal with fresh raspberries and strawberries, in addition to a variety of other items. I really love to eat healthy when I am traveling! Coffee is available around the clock. And I appreciated the bottle of water in my room.

This was a good value for the money, and is even better than other Comfort Suites. I used my AAA membership to get a small discount.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear CA_adventurer_8,

We are honored that you chose to come and stay with us! We take pride in offering a wide variety of items at our breakfast, including fresh fruits and other healthy options and we are so pleased that you enjoyed it. We hope that your daughter is doing well adjusting to the new adventure that is college. We wish her all the best!
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After months of trying to decide where to stay to check son into college. I finally booked Comfort Suites.Lived up to all reviews. Clean everything. Easy check in and checkout. Extremely helpful and friendly staff.Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear 13larry17,

I am so glad that after much deliberation, you decided to come and stay with us. Our guests satisfaction is among our top priorities and our goal is to make your stay as pleasant and easy as possible for you. We wish your son the best at college and we'll see you when its time to come out for a visit!
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stay in hotels all the time for work and this hotel is the one that I stay at anytime I am in the area. I will even drive further distances to get to work just to stay at this hotel. Great rooms and staff! I would say that if you want to stay at the best hotel for a reasonable price in the area that you do not need to look any further!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin M,

Your compliments about our hotel mean so much to us, thank you! We appreciate that you continue to come and stay with us, even if it means a longer commute for you sometimes. We are lucky to have you as our guest and look forward to your next visit!
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were so blessed to find this place...friendly staff, prompt attention, nice pool & hot tub, super breakfast!!!! Good beds! We will be staying here again on our next visit to Azusa to see our APU child. HIGHLY recommend this place

• Stayed September 2013
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear B P,

Im so pleased that we made such a good impression on you that you will be coming back to stay with us again! Our goal is to create an easy, relaxed, worry free environment. What better way to start out your day than our excellent breakfast after having a great night sleep on the coziest beds! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we'll see you next time!

Been to Comfort Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!