“Nice staff, comfortable stay, reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #7 of 41 hotels in Ontario
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Nice staff, comfortable stay, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Overall a comfortable stay for two nights in Ontario. The hotel was a little more difficult to find than expected since the front seems to face the business park entrance and not the main street, but once there and checked in we had a good stay. Don't forget to ask for your cookie from the front desk. The ones they keep back there are much better than the free cookie bin by the front door.

The breakfast was a hit both mornings, with nice hot eggs. The diced ham on the second day was not as hot as it could have been, not sure if it was put in the dish direct from the fridge or if it was heated up first, but since it was going in a tortilla with cheese and eggs it didn't really matter. My daughter loved the cereal choices. Suggestion though, how about some honey nut Cheerios. :)

Only had one small hiccup. The toilet stopped up the first day we were there. The maintenance man was reasonably quick to come fix it, but afterwards the room smelled as though sewage backed up. The maintenance guy did a really good job cleaning up after his work, so I don't believe it was anything he left behind and the toilet did not over flow. Not sure if a vent was blocked or what, but we really noticed it each time we returned to the room. It was not terrible, but it was noticeable. We didn't complain either-it would have been more hassle to move rooms, if offered, than to put up with the it. It also definitely seemed like an anomaly, which is why I still give four stars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We will definitely look into the odor problem you mentioned in your room to ensure that if there is anything wrong it is fixed immediately. Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience and encouraging others to stay at the Country Inn & Suites - Ontario Mills.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

What started out as a really nice stay ended horribly. I live 10 minutes away and came here to enjoy the whirlpool for the night with my husband. We arrived with only his computer backpack, my backpack-style purse, a pillow and the clothes on our back.

Before stepping in the whirlpool, I took off my diamond watch and diamond bracelet and put them in the drawer next to the bed. Before checking out, I forgot to take them out. I phoned the hotel 2 hours after check-out.

I asked if the room and been cleaned already and re-assigned, but my question was not answered. I first told the clerk to not ask housekeeping if they found anything and to go into the room herself and look. I was simply told to hold on and then told I would be telephoned right back. Sure enough, I received a call back in about 2 minutes "We checked with housekeeping. There was nothing found"!!! Unbelieveable!

The Assistant General Manager gets on the phone and tells me that never in the history of their property has there ever been a theft there. I told her there's a first time for everything. I told her where I left my items and she tells me "That's not where you said you left it when I first talked to you, you said it was in the desk" What?!!!! I said desk drawer next to bed. Who are you defending.

The General Manager says the housekeepers "swear adamantly" that they didn't see any jewelry left behind.

Well it's been four days ago and I'm home now. still with no jewelry, not in my purse, not left in my car and the only place I went that night was to the Country Inn Suites.

I've never had to leave a review like this before and my husband and I travel the world. This was my 3rd year anniversary bracelet and I am crushed. My husband wants to buy another, but it's not the same. This has been extremely emotional for me. I will never forget this!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We apologize again that we were unable to locate the personal items you left in your room. Your room had already been cleaned when you called and when the Assistant Manager went to the room to look for your belongings, they were not there. The two housekeepers who had cleaned the room had left for the day, nothing had been turned in to their supervisor and when they were contacted at home and asked about your belongings they both adamantly stated that they had not found them when cleaning the room. We have had our housekeepers turn in lap tops, telephones and other items of value and have never had anyone accuse them of stealing. We agree that this is a very unfortunate situation however we have no proof that anything was taken. We take this situation very seriously and have re-addressed the policies we have in place in the event that a guest leaves something in their room when they leave.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was a nice, clean hotel close to Ontario airport. The bed was super comfortable. Check-in was kind of slow but other than that very nice. I arrived late at night and it seemed a bit desolate around the hotel but it was very safe and quiet.

• Stayed December 2012
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is utilized by primarily corporate travelers, especially during the week, so we don't see much night life late at night. The quiet is much appreciated by our guests as they typically have to get up early and start their day. We hope that we will see you again when you come back to the Ontario area.
Big Bear Lake, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I love this hotel and travel often. The rooms are great and so is the staff. I was so disappointed to see that they stopped offering free parking when you are taking a trip. I have stayed at two other hotels in the area the last two trips because they had nice rooms and free parking. I would love to come back here but it now costs more than I want to pay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Not knowing who you are, I am not sure if you stayed in our hotel or just wanted to park your car here while traveling. We have always offered a "Park & Stay" package that offers guests who stay at our hotel for at least one night (at the package rate) up to 7 free days of parking (additional days are available for a nominal fee) and transportation to and from the Ontario airport. We also lease out parking spots to Globalairportparking.com to those customers who do not wish to stay at our hotel but want to leave their car in our lot. They handle all of the pricing and collection for parking at our hotel and we shuttle their customers to and from the airport as part of the service. I am not sure where you received the impression that we do not offer these services any more but we hope that with this information you will be using our hotel again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was a regular customer of two other major chains and stayed there out of habit. As a result of needing a spot near some great xmas shopping, I checked TA & found Country Inn. Primarily based on the reviews, as well as the responses from management, I thought I'd them a try. Country Inn did not disappoint! Excellent check-in & very courteous reception staff. The room was well appointed and very clean. The beds are on par with another chain that claims "dream beds"...in fact I liked these more. Despite being right beside the elevator, we did not hear a single sound from the hallway at any time. The breakfast was well stocked & attended...sadly, the eggs were instant, but the waffle maker was a nice touch and most excellent. Parking was also plentiful, and check out was also a breeze. I can offer no advice to this location aside from keep it up! I now have a new chain to check out when traveling!

Room Tip: Stayed in #424
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased that your first experience with our Country Inn & Suites brand was so pleasant and that you will be chosing our hotels again. We hope that you have signed up for your new Club Carlson account while you were here so that you can start earning 20 points per dollar spent on future visits! Keep in mind that Club Carlson is also valid at Radisson, Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson which have locations around the world. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area and thank you again for taking the time to write a review!
Fremont, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had nothing but positive experience with this hotel. To start with, the room rate is very reasonable. They have a shuttle bus that can pick you up at the airport and wherever you want to be dropped off and picked up within 5 miles. The rooms are clean, the bed is very comfortable, microwave and refrigerator are provided in every room unlike other hotels, where you pay more and still have to ask for these appliances. Free wifi and breakfast, both hot and continental. The hotel staff are very nice and courteous. I could not think of anything negative about this hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants comfort, cleanliness and other great amenities for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our amenities, services and staff to your liking. We try to provide a little bit of home to our guests and treat them as if they are family coming to visit. We hope that you will chose our hotel again if your travels bring you back to the Ontario area!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was there for our recent holiday to LA and our second time in this property. The reason we chose it the first time was its proximity to Ontario Mills Mall. It was nice enough to make us choose it again. It did not disappoint. 24 hour coffee, laundry room, free breakfast, cookies, fruits, etc. We were there for 8 days and enjoyed our stay throughout. They even offer a quick takeaway breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other potential guests. The biggest indicator we have that we are successful is when our guests chose to return again and again. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Ontario Mills? Share your experiences!