“Nice hotel in transition” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ontario Grand Inn & Suites

You added Ontario Grand Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Ontario Grand Inn & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 Shelby Street, Rancho Cucamonga, (Formerly Hotel Ontario), Ontario, CA 91764 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Ontario Rancho Cucamonga)   |
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Fortaleza, CE
“Nice hotel in transition”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Note that this is no longetr the Hotel Indigo, though signs on the outside, stationery on the inside, etc. still say Indigo. It is now independently-owned, though I was told that it is managed by the same people who manage the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport and they are trying to affiliate with that chain. Other than the lack of a liquor license for the bar (apparently new owners need to get a new one), there would seem to be little difference from when it was an Indigo hotel. Rooms are fine; not large, but with interesting decor, hardwood floors, etc. I did not like the automatically closing bathroom door, but the wooden chair there was a nice touch. I did hear some noise from the street in the afternoon and feared nighttime traffic noise (and there was a small fire station nearby), but while I was woken by some loud neighbors at 3 a.m., I had no other problems in this regard. I did not eat in the restaurant. It's a long walkt o any other restaurants, but a short drive to many; and about a 10-minute drive to Ontario Mills shopping mall. I got a good price through Hotwire. While overall I preferred the rooms and friendliness of the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, this hotel is not bad, and it is further from airport noise (still did near a bit of train noise but rarely).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hesperia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My Husband and I were celebrating our aniversary, and I have to say our room was simply perfect. We stayed in the room for two days and were sad to leave. The bed is insanely comfortable. The room didn't give you that nasty "hotel" feeling. It was like being a guest in someones house. As for the service, we really didn't take advantage of it, so I can't say much there.The scent they have in the lobby is totally intoxicating...apparently "Vanilla Bourbon". Decore was modern. All sorts of restaraunts and shopping areas close by. All in all a great find, and I would recommend it to anyone, looking for a perfect little hideaway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is cute and well designed but....We reserved a 2Qu Suite but they had none. No reduction in price for the regular 2Qu room. The second night they did move us into 2 separate rooms to try and make up for the problem but this was only after we made several complaints. Rooms did not have enough towels for 2 people, no vending machines (no water or soda), TV did not work, alarm clock set by previous traveler at 6 am not turned off, staff wasn't helpful with food suggestions, wood floors dirty, etc, etc. It is a shame because it is a nicely decorated hotel. The bar they advertise is open VERY limited hours. I am not a picky traveler so to have so many things go wrong on one trip I felt a review was warrented. Great beds and linens!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Stayed just 1 night, passed this area lots of times when driving to LA---was curious to shop @ Ontario Mills mall...got this from Priceline ($50.00). Hotel was nice, there was a business center, fitness center and small pool. Rooms were nice sized, however the floors were filthy! It wouldn't have been a better rating from me but our feet were so filthy! My 21 month old was with us during this trip and we had to have him were socks the whole time. The closet/bathroom area was cramped vs. the rest of the room. There was free internet which was a plus. Parking is free and there is a cafe type restaurant. We ordered the steak panini, and the pizza (basil pesto). It was avg. price of 12-13.00 dollars. The steak panini was actually really good, the fries had no taste. We bought our own drinks etc. so we didn't pay for beverages. There was a fridge and coffee maker. There are TONS of restaurants in the area, and lots of shopping! Overall, the stay was nice but average. If we had to pay full price, I don't think I'd opt to stay here because of the floors...but for the price we got it was good---better than Days Inn!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Ok i had to work the first two days of my trip, so i was in and out, but they still knew my name and gave me suggestions about where to eat. the satff went above and beyond, there pay grade. Debeon(the man with many hats) ericka and her smile and directions to everywhere, Michael so cool and relaxed but can multi-task the whole hotel, and marie vallejo, when i say she clean my room WOW my first two days i was changing and stuff was everywhere she handle me and my room like a pro. So thankx guys for everything and dont think that im getting thing for this review they deserve all the price. this is truly a DIAMOND in the rough. ihg we need more people like this and the rest of the staff is great but these are the people i dealt with and i will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Central Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

First, the lobby of this hotel smells great. I mean really, really great. Like strawberry ice cream. I don't know what they use, but it's awesome. Very cool hotel very close to the Citizens Business Bank Arena, which is what I was looking for. Got it on Hotwire for $49 which was a STEAL! It was $61 with all the taxes. Free parking. Good location. Neat decor. Great staff. The front desk clerk let me rush to use the business center to print out some concert tickets before I'd even checked in. (Business center computers would be better with speakers, but that's a small issue).

I thought my room smelled a little like cigarette smoke, but I was in a huge hurry to get to the concert and I got back after midnight, so I didn't say anything. Also, the stopper in the sink wasn't working and was in the down position, but I just pulled it totally out since I was rushed. But when I told the desk clerk about the issues when I checked out, he started writing them down right away.

The room was large and had a fridge. What's with the wasted space by the fridge. What's that used for? Lots of nice touches like the bench in the shower.

I forgot a razor and they had them for free. There's a little snack bar with some nice healthy choices. The prices seemed reasonable. I got a HUGE cup of yogurt, fruit and granola for $4. I didn't check out the small fitness room, but it looked decent.

A very nice, unique hotel at a GREAT price. Staff was really, really helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Glendale , California USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We spent overnight at this hotel. The room is big. The toilet is cool. The pool is small though but ok. Staff were very attentive to your needs. Free parking and free wi-fi for $69.00 is not bad at all. They offer free shuttle as well. You will like the decor of this hotel. Will definitely be back here again if we have chance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ontario Grand Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!