Let me start with the location and their address....do not follow the address listed on the resort page. Set your GPS to Squaw Village and the resort is right there...kind of look like being part of the parking lot structure behind the Squaw Villages. So do not use your their address and your GPS navigation or cell phone. We got lost for awhile but if you go into the parking lot of Squaw Valley the Red Wolf is right there by the lift area...No big sign or markings and the address does not make any sense.
The place was nice, clean but nothing fancy like the Village condos next door. But for what you paid the location is perfect to lounge and walk to the Squaw Village shops
Our 2 teen boys found the sofa bed extremely uncomfortable so we lay the mattress on the floor to minimize their discomfort. If you have more than 2 people keep that in mind...the sofa bed is not comfortable. So try to get the 2 bedrooms unit if you have 4 people.
Red Wolf is a nice family place, well maintained but the radiant heat in the ceiling kept the condo too hot for us. so you need to leave the windows open to get some cold air.
The resort has cruiser bikes for the guests usage for free and the nice path from the resort can take you to Tahoe City..awesome ride alone the Truckee river!
Internet was free too but a very slow...
Housekeeping was very attentive and keep the place very clean.
The room we stayed was next to the snow making equipment for Squaw so it was too noise, we had a hard time falling sleep the first 2 days but got "use to it" by the 3rd night and we slept better.
- Also Known As:
- Red Wolf Lodge At Squaw Valley Hotel Olympic Valley
- Red Wolf Lodge At Squaw Valley Hotel
- Red Wolf Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley offers ski-in and ski-out Lake Tahoe condo rentals nestled at the base of the mountain and adjacent to the Alpine Village of Squaw Valley U.S.A. A recent multi-million dollar renovation has added a rustic charm to The Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley. In the winter, Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley Lake Tahoe condo rentals treat outdoor enthusiasts to world-class skiing and snowboarding, and in the summer, experience championship golf, hiking, fishing, sailing and water skiing. Any time of year, the nearby casinos, restaurants and the region's scenic beauty make our Lake Tahoe vacation rental condos the ideal place to escape the ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.