My wife and I just recently celebrated our one year anniversary with a night's stay at the PlumpJack Inn in Squaw Valley. We had been to Squaw several times before and really enjoyed the small village they had designed/developed with quant shops, restaurants and bars. Unfortunately during the early summer months they closed early so after dinner there isn't much to do except retreat back to the Inn. The Inn itself is very unique in decor but stylish with a touch of class. Parking on the property is a bit of a free for all especially if the Inn is hosting a wedding as it was the night we arrived. Staff were very accommodating and allowed us to park in the employee lot. The rooms were comfortable however the beds a bit hard for my liking. They had left us a nice note and bottle of champagne for our anniversary which was a nice touch. The evening of our stay there was some music event around Squaw and for some reason they had set up large speakers near the tram lift (adjacent to our room) and pumped loud electronica music until late into the evening. We called the front desk but they apologized they couldn't do anything since it was from someone not associated with the Inn. Since the Inn doesn't have A/C and we needed to close the windows (to cut down in the music) it go a bit stuffy. Breakfast was provided with the room rate and included eggs, bacon, pancakes, juices, pastries, coffee/tea and fresh fruit. We tried the restaurant for dinner after hearing good things on many websites...unfortunately the flavor (or lack of) of the food was disappointing, prices very high for the quantity/quality of food but service was excellent. I am not sure we would try the restaurant again but the hotel was enjoyable. I agree with other guest reviews that the walls are thin given the original structure was built in the 50's. Overall we had a nice staff in Squaw...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn in North Lake Tahoe brings new meaning to the term "peak experience."Comfortable and casually elegant, our Lake Tahoe mountain escape offers an intimate resort experience, complete with fine dining and an attentive staff that's dedicated to making your stay everything you dreamed of. From the mountains to the lake, there's ample opportunity for outdoor adventure. And with slope-side access and some of the area's best hiking, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, near Lake Tahoe's north shore, offers more than just a getaway, but a true experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Hotel Olympic Valley
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Olympic