We stayed here for two nights to attend our friends' wedding. It's a cute and rustic hotel. The room was very nicely appointed, although it had a kind of damp, musty smell to it. Not sure what that was from. The bed was comfortable, although the thermostat seemed to be broken because the room was boiling hot during the night, so much so that we actually opened the window. The staff were all excellent and very friendly and helpful.
The best part of the stay was the breakfast buffet. It was delicious. Homemade granola, pastries, eggs, bacon/sausage, and homemade biscuits. I would go back just for the breakfast!
The location is also great - right by the Squaw Village and the bottom of the gondola.
Note: we paid a discounted rate for the wedding, so if we had had to pay full price we likely would have stayed elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn in North Lake Tahoe brings new meaning to the term "peak experience."Comfortable and casually elegant, our Lake Tahoe mountain escape offers an intimate resort experience, complete with fine dining and an attentive staff that's dedicated to making your stay everything you dreamed of. From the mountains to the lake, there's ample opportunity for outdoor adventure. And with slope-side access and some of the area's best hiking, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, near Lake Tahoe's north shore, offers more than just a getaway, but a true experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Hotel Olympic Valley
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Olympic