“Three star facility with a five star address” 3 of 5 stars

Slopeside midweek f/$136
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Olympic Valley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, NV
“Three star facility with a five star address”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked a one bedroom suite with view for our first stay at The Village. We have spent many weekends at The Resort at Squaw Creek and now have something to compare and contrast.

Check-in at the Village was efficient desk clerk was kind and courteous. Parking was nice and covered within the building.

Shoulder season means the resort is nearly vacant, which I appreciate.

Our view room is on the top floor of building 3 mid resort but view is of the Squaw Kids building and member locker room. Honestly, given the vacancy rate, I expected much more for $200 plus a night off season. Our view room is actually a view of the Resort at Squaw Creek.....thought view might be Olympiv Valley.

Room is fine with small sitting area, kitchenette, bathroom and small bedroom. Appliances are dated and could use updating. Hot tubs are covered with caution tape and exterior building paint is in need of attention.

Proximity to The Village is excellent but will return to The Resort at Squaw Creek next time. Shuttle is fine and resort is much better.

Stayed June 2013
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear your experience was not what you would have expected. We are currently in the process of upgrading our condominium suites, meeting spaces and our exteriors. You may always contact our front desk staff if you would like to change your room. We will do our best to accommodate you and want you to feel comfortable in your room. I hope you will come back this winter and enjoy our newly upgraded rooms and facilities. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

General Manager of The Village at Squaw Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Village at Squaw Valley two years in a row and it is the best place to stay and ski. We have tried the other side, Heavenly, and didn't like it near as much. At the Village you have everything needed without ever having to take your car or bus. The condos are beautiful and comfortable and the service outstanding! The restaurants just a few steps away are amazing, the skiing is great and we will be back year after year!

Room Tip: One bedroom condos with separate living room are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear your winter vacation at The Village at Squaw Valley has been a positive experience year after year. Our accommodations have since seen an upgrade with our condominium suites getting new mattresses, bedding, carpets and flat screen TV’s. I look forward to you visiting us this winter and think you will really enjoy our new upgrades!

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a family trip to this location and ended up enjoying it so much that we are planning on coming back in the near future. There is soooo much to do in all seasons here, the pool on top of the hill, the gondola ride, the ice/regular skating rink (depending on the season), a make your own ceramic design studio, plenty of food options, live music in the center of the village on Friday night, bonfires there to sit and enjoy a beverage,....you will not be disappointed. We did it all and created a great family memory. The 1 bedroom condo was filled with everything we'd need for a comfortable stay, including 2 TVs, a deck to people watch and relax, a pull out couch, a reg couch and sitting area, a full kitchen with supplies. We did not need anything else. We will be repeat customers for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, Jean. I am so happy to hear you and your family had such a wonderful family vacation with us. I look forward to seeing you back at The Village at Squaw Valley.

Chico, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

By far the worst experience I have ever had with any establishment. We had booked our rooms for a wedding at one price and the next day they charged my card 4x the amount WITHOUT permission, and told me when I called that it was because the price went up because their system was messed up. When I asked them to honor the price I booked at, they would NOT and made it very clear that I was stupid for thinking they would ever have such low prices. In addition, I spoke with Kristin and she told me to be quite and stop talking. That behavior is extremely inappropriate and when I spoke with her supervisor, Jackie Worthingham, she was no better, going as far as condoning her colleague's behavior. In addition, they did nothing to try and accommodate me and others that had booked at the same rate. I will never book with this hotel again.

CONS:
False Advertising
Rude, disrespectful staff
Will not honor pricing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Aly,

I am very aware of your situation and apologize for the aggravation you experienced while here. I am under the impression from speaking with our Front Desk Manager and our Reservations manager that everything has been resolved and taken care of. If this is not the case, please feel free to call me at 530- 584-6227 and I will be happy to assist. After the misunderstandings were taken care of, I was told that you had a wonderful time and everything worked out. I truly hope this is the case. But as I said above, feel free to call me if you have anything outstanding.

South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

So far I've stayed in the studio apartment, a 1 bedroom unit, a 1 bedroom with den (which has a fold out bed in the wall) and the 2 bedroom suites.

The rooms are very very close to the ski lifts, the ticket office and the cable car.

The rooms are close to the free shuttle bus stop to Squaw Valley's sister resort called Alpine Meadows.

There are ski lockers by the elevator so you're not hauling ski gear everywhere.

Rooms are very comfortably sized, mattresses and furnishings are comfy and snug warm, and most (or all?) have a balcony with fab views. There's the full service spa centre, and hot tubs and sauna for a soak after a day on the slopes. Room service are fabulous. Staff are amazingly helpful.

Holders of a Squaw Valley + Alpine Meadows ski lift season pass can get the passholder discount on room bookings - call the resevations desk after you see the non-discounted price. It is well worth it. Also keep an eye out for their facebook sales too, and the lift + lodging packages. If you need to buy anything, you're next to Alice's Supermarket and there's Starbucks, and eateries ranging from good value pizza to the sushi restaurant. If you're discerning, there's Graham's Restaurant (my favourite). .

Overall, the Village can't be faulted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write up such a wonderful review. I hope to see you next winter or perhaps this summer.

All the best,
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staying in the Village at Squaw Valley was the best choice for our girls' ski weekend! We were so pleased with our spacious two-bedroom condo (with totally comfy mattresses), fireplace, ski lockers on the ground floor and daily maid service. This would be a great vacation spot for my family (full kitchen, 3 TVs, wi-fi and ethernet cable, plus quiet at night), but instead I was with my hard core skiing girlfriends enjoying Squaw's authentic and cool ski mountain vibe, extraordinary views and immaculate grooming (sadly no epic Squaw powder in Jan 2013 but we still had a great time in the sun and logged lots of vertical feet). Also skied Alpine Meadows for the first time (same lift ticket as Squaw; free shuttle steps from our condo). The Village is the place to be with lots going on during apres ski especially (cute Uncorked wine bar is nice and Rocker@Squaw is happening) and morning lattes available at Starbucks so easily. There's even a mini grocery store in the pedestrian Village. My minor negative was that my bathroom's lighting was low beam (which I guess is a blessing after skiing hard all day!), but really my whole group and I were completely happy with our stay. I highly recommend the Village at Squaw Valley - full condos run like a hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I’m so happy to hear your girl getaway was a success! We are going through a renovation and one of the upgrades was our bedding- so glad you were one of the first to test it out! It’s always fun to hit the Village after a day of skiing and relax with a nice glass of wine or snack on light food. I hope to see you back at The Village at Squaw Valley soon and maybe with your family this time!

Thank you!
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would recommend the Village at Squaw Valley to anyone wishing to have it all right at your door step. From the time you arrive and are greeted by the bell staff and the front desk staff, you are in for a great time. The front desk staff do a fine job at meeting your requirements and work to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are wonderful and the housekeeping staff are very responsive to all your needs. With the mountain, shopping, dinning, and the Truckee river, it is hard to find a better place to vacation. Thank you all at the Village for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room. We have stayed in many different locations at the Village and have bee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! I’m so glad that our staff was able to recommend dining options and sitters for the kids- I’ll be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. I hope to see at The Village at Squaw Valley soon!

Best,
General Manager of The Village at Squaw Valley

Been to The Village At Squaw Valley? Share your experiences!