“The Heart of Squaw Valley - best place to stay at Squaw for sure.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Village At Squaw Valley

4321 Lodging/Lift Package
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Olympic Valley
GreenLeadersGold level
Vail, Colorado
“The Heart of Squaw Valley - best place to stay at Squaw for sure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staying in the Village at Squaw Valley was the best choice for our girls' ski weekend! We were so pleased with our spacious two-bedroom condo (with totally comfy mattresses), fireplace, ski lockers on the ground floor and daily maid service. This would be a great vacation spot for my family (full kitchen, 3 TVs, wi-fi and ethernet cable, plus quiet at night), but instead I was with my hard core skiing girlfriends enjoying Squaw's authentic and cool ski mountain vibe, extraordinary views and immaculate grooming (sadly no epic Squaw powder in Jan 2013 but we still had a great time in the sun and logged lots of vertical feet). Also skied Alpine Meadows for the first time (same lift ticket as Squaw; free shuttle steps from our condo). The Village is the place to be with lots going on during apres ski especially (cute Uncorked wine bar is nice and Rocker@Squaw is happening) and morning lattes available at Starbucks so easily. There's even a mini grocery store in the pedestrian Village. My minor negative was that my bathroom's lighting was low beam (which I guess is a blessing after skiing hard all day!), but really my whole group and I were completely happy with our stay. I highly recommend the Village at Squaw Valley - full condos run like a hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I’m so happy to hear your girl getaway was a success! We are going through a renovation and one of the upgrades was our bedding- so glad you were one of the first to test it out! It’s always fun to hit the Village after a day of skiing and relax with a nice glass of wine or snack on light food. I hope to see you back at The Village at Squaw Valley soon and maybe with your family this time!

Thank you!
General Manager of The Village at Squaw Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would recommend the Village at Squaw Valley to anyone wishing to have it all right at your door step. From the time you arrive and are greeted by the bell staff and the front desk staff, you are in for a great time. The front desk staff do a fine job at meeting your requirements and work to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are wonderful and the housekeeping staff are very responsive to all your needs. With the mountain, shopping, dinning, and the Truckee river, it is hard to find a better place to vacation. Thank you all at the Village for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room. We have stayed in many different locations at the Village and have bee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! I’m so glad that our staff was able to recommend dining options and sitters for the kids- I’ll be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. I hope to see at The Village at Squaw Valley soon!

Best,
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ditched South Lake from the rotation this year and headed to "North Lake" for the first time. That proved to be a good decision. Family of 5 spent 8 nights in a two bedroom suite. Spacious, clean, full kitchen, well maintained, great views, 1st floor ski locker room, topped the list of "likes". Super easy access to the slopes - the tram and Funitel were literally feet from our 3rd floor balcony/unit. It is far more rustic than South Lake; less commercialized and provided the environment we were looking for: nature, family fun, great access to skiing, surrounded by walkable/quaint/quality retail and great restaurants. Management was top shelf; they provided suggestions for dining in Truckee and Tahoe City, babysitter list, and provided a hiking trail map to a waterfall (spectacular 15-20 minute walk "up" the mountain; a MUST SEE/DO during the spring ski season. Kids (14, 12 & 8) enjoyed the village activities, stores, game room, bungee jump, etc. They even meet some like aged children/friends. Safe, secure and a very “kid friendly” environment. There were many hot tubes and gas fired “camp fires” throughout the Village to enjoy. Jumped the free shuttle to Alpine - well worth the short ride, just to mix it up a little. The pool at High Camp opened the week we were there. Crowed with “college kids” on the weekend, but thinned out so the younger kids could use it during the week. Can’t wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Mountain views are obviouslly a good choice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear your transition from South Lake to North Lake Tahoe was a smooth one. I want to thank you for taking the time to write up such a glowing review on our property! We have plenty to do during the summer months too! Hiking, biking to Lake Tahoe, mini golf, paintball and the list goes on. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you soon!

Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family just stayed at the Village to get in one last ski trip for the season. WOW! What a great place to stay! Walk to the mountain, wake up to the mountain and eat right in the Village. You do not even have to leave Squaw Valley. The rooms were clean, spacious for the family and had everything you need to make food if you want. Hot tubs, work out rooms and friendly staff. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Try to get a view if you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review, Erin! I hope to see you back at The Village at Squaw Valley soon.

Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week here in a one bedroom suite. Comfortable, spacious, clean, well maintained, easy access to the slopes and North Lake Tahoe. Good value? Have stayed in South Lake before and this is much better. Quieter, more convenient and more beautiful. If you have the chance ski Alpine as well, as even in "poor" late season conditions was great to ski at. We would come back next week if we could, but unfortunately will have to wait a year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your families experience with us! I agree- the views are breathtaking and the convenience of being centrally located is fantastic. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you next winter!
Truckee, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I just recently stayed in the village at Squaw Valley. This hasn't been the first time we have stayed there and each time has been incredible. The staff is super friendly and helpful and there is everything you need in the beautiful unit and in the village. I feel so lucky and privileged to have the opportunity to stay in a place like this. My children have a great time and what an experience for them. Squaw Valley is the best place to ski, and to have a village at the foot of the mountain with unbelievable services and happy, friendly people serving you....I don't know, can it get any better?? I don't think so. And I have stayed in ski towns and villages in Canada and in Europe. Squaw Valley is the place to go with your family! Summer or Winter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy that your stay, whether summer or winter, has been a great one. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Truckee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Village at Squaw Valley is a one of a kind mountain experience. The scenery is breathtaking and the village is obviously designed to maximize views from almost every location. The condos are beautiful, spacious and well appointed. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We have stayed both in winter and summer - awesome!

Room Tip: We liked the room with the view of the slopes, we could watch the races from our room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Village At Squaw Valley? Share your experiences!