“Mediocre Slopes, Hit or Miss Ski Instructors” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Famous ski area with Olympic memories.
Monterey, California
39 attraction reviews
“Mediocre Slopes, Hit or Miss Ski Instructors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We skied at Heavenly and Squaw, and Heavenly beat the pants off of Squaw. Squaw's runs tend to be much shorter and of course far fewer, so there is a lot of repetition. It was still a fun day and it was good to warm up on the slopes there before skiing over at Heavenly. Our daughter to kids' ski lessons with them and while most of the instructors were great, her particular instructor was AWFUL. I don't recall her name, but it was something unusual like "Iru" and she was from Argentina, I believe Buenos Aires. She was rude, dishonest, ignored our daughter and was an overall unimpressive instructor. It was really a shame since the other instructors were great. If you do sign your kid up, request a different instructor and I'm sure the experience will be better. Another thing that I did not care for that she did was lie to the kids to get them back in the building for pick up. My husband went out early to take a few pictures and clearly saw and heard the instructor tell the kids to come inside for cookies. When they came inside, no cookies. My daughter was upset, wondering what she had done wrong to not earn her cookie, and the instructor lied straight to her face (and to my husband who also heard her offer up the snack). The cookie in itself isn't life altering, but the lying was concerning to me and made me wonder what other details she left out regarding my daughter's ski lesson. I would not take her here again, as we had a wonderful experience over at Heavenly with their slopes and instructors.

Napa, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great beginner private child lessons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our two daughters (3&5) had a beginner private lesson here. The booking was easy, the instructor was friendly, and my girls had a great time. I would book it again in a minute!

7 attraction reviews
“They made the best of very little snow.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Not much snow? Go to Squaw. They have the best snow making, coverage and variety with little snow. They still had about 15 runs open. They had great ski lessons for our son. And the village was fantastic for me on the days I didn't ski. Adrian was the best instructor.

Port Charlotte, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

it was a nice place and enjoyed my time there, was hard to beat the other places i vistited but they still did a good job.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Just No Snow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The ski area looks so cool and extensive. The problem has to do with weather, not the resort. Just not enough snow to make it worth our day. Even if not skiing, well worth a walk around just to see an Olympic Ski Village.

Visited December 2013