“Awesome day” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Famous ski area with Olympic memories.
Lodi, California
“Awesome day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We took 2 of my [spoiled] huskies for a hike here. My boyfriend has been several times for skiing, but it was my first time here. It was STUNNING! The waterfalls, views of Lake Tahoe ... all of it was simply stunning. We had a wonderful hike (he hiked all the way down instead of taking the gondola down from High Camp), and were made to feel very welcome when we meandered over to Uncorked in Squaw Village for some wine. I wish I lived close enough to go every weekend!

Visited June 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Best skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have skied in many place including the Alpes. And I love the skiing at Squaw Valley. No stress, small lines and great views from the slopes! Love it!

Visited March 2013
South Lake Tahoe, California
12 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The ski area speaks for itself if you come during ski season. During the summer there is a great golf course and stable. There are a number of restaurants and bars open all year round.

Visited August 2012
Redding, California
3 attraction reviews
“Alpine Championships”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I wasn't there for skiing but to watch the Alpine Championships. If your interested in ski competitions, whether you ski or not, Squaw valley is a great place to see some of the best go at it on a slope previously used in an Olympics. The weather was beautiful for four out of the five days, first day was postponed due to heavy snows, and the people and atmosphere were great. Nearby restaurants and shops have a variety of food and items available. I look forward to visiting again.

Short 1 minute video of some of the competition that I shot with my cell phone.

Visited March 2013
Solana Beach
“Late in the season and limited snow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

They kept Granite Chief closed for some odd reason even though it was the best snow on the mountain. While wind was quoted, I think everyone knew it was staff related instead. I'm sure they lose money in years like this one and probably are looking to limit their exposure where they can.

Visited April 2013