“Great Ride!” 5 of 5 stars

415-663-1570
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Olema
More attraction details
Owner description: In addition to guided horseback rides along 120 miles of trails, other fun activities such as hay wagon rides and beach rides at the Point Reyes National Seashore are available.
Key West, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I did the 6 hour beach ride. It was well worth the money. The ride on the beach was amazing. The four of us and our guide galloped and loped on the beach like there wasn't a care in the world! Carol was our guide and she was fabulous. Only problem...we are very sore today!!

Visited July 2013

Sacramento, California
5 attraction reviews
“Horseback Ride thru Beautiful Coastal Woods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is what I can say about 5 Brooks Stable: The staff is courteous, observant & helpful. The horses are well cared for & thus not burned out. (As many rental horses can be.) We had a beautiful, two hour ride through the coastal woods. Our guide allowed us trot several times & we even did a little cantering when it was safe & everyone in our small group of four was comfortable with his/her horse. Some pointers (Especially if you are taking one of the longer rides) plan your ride so you have relaxation the next day. You may be sore in places you are not used to being sore. Don't wear pants that will chafe the inside of your thighs. Ask questions before you leave, if you are not sure how to 'talk' to the horse. The staff I met, Paul & Sharon, both were very kind & helpful. I left all my stress somewhere up on that beautiful trail. Sigh. :)

Visited July 2013
Inverness, California
3 attraction reviews
“On the trail with terrific guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Five Brooks is rustic. Don't let that put you off. The barn staff is great and the horses are to be trusted. There are a variety of reasonably priced rides that will meet whatever level the most basic rider in your group possesses. Guides will point out Ospreys and their nests. You will also have the opportunity to walk, trot, and canter-in generally, Western tack. The stable abuts the Golden Gate national recreation area so, there are many wonderful trails to explore with your guides.

Visited October 2012
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
36 attraction reviews
“Great ride !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went on a private ride, with a picnic lunch. It was fantastic ! The guide, Jesus, was energetic, helpful and made us laugh. I really didn't expect to be able to canter the horses, but we were able to several times. Tally Ho! The trails we were taken on were beautiful and then we were set up in a meadow for lunch in the sun. The ride back was just as beautiful.
The horses were cared for, which a plus.
I would go definately go again.

Visited February 2013
Mill Valley, California
13 attraction reviews
“Conscientious, but Not Afraid to Let You Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is not easy finding a place that allows a two year old to ride a horse (pony). It is even more difficult to find a place as beautiful and wonderful as Five Brooks Stables.

It may sound absurd, but my two year old very much wanted to ride a pony for his birthday. I made so many calls and the only place I found was Five Brooks. We were completely enchanted. They gave us a magical afternoon with a perfectly tame ride around a picturesque pond -- no circles in the corral for us!

We returned a month later and my older children went on a longer more adventurous ride.

The setting is spectacular and the guides are friendly and in tune to riders' abilities and comfort levels.

We highly recommend Five Brooks!

Visited January 2012