“Get Staff Recommendation” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Get Staff Recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This nondescript place is way understated. This is a place where ordering an ordinary dish/item is leaving the best behind. Ahi tuna salad was excellent. Order something recommended, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Ojai, CA
“One of the BEST in Ojai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We go here quite often and love the food. Pat, the chef, is very creative and makes everything from scratch....including the bread! It is served hot from the oven.

My favorites are the Garlic Prawns w/ a Lemon Caper Sauce and Linguini
and the Sesame Seared Rare Ahi: With Crisp Wonton, Daikon Radish Sprouts, Avocado a Wasabi Aiolo and Pickled Ginger.

She makes the desserts too and they are to die for!!

Ojai, CA
“Wilting Garden”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We used to enjoy going to the Garden Terrace every now and again. With so few good restaurants in Ojai, it's necessary to graze around the edges a bit. We can overlook the tired interior, all pink and turquoise as well as the bare Formica tables. And even the oddball waitress with her all-too-friendly bruskness and her ungenerous 4 oz. pours of wine. But our biggest disappointment was that chef Patricia Cluche seems to have lost her mojo in the kitchen. The menu hasn't changed in ages and while it seems inventive, what comes to the table now appears drab and lifeless. Even the bread is spongy. Time for a reboot on what could be a popular eatery for more than just a few grey-haired regulars.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“The best restaurant experience I've ever had....bar none!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The owner and staff are lovely and the food is divine. I'm not kidding when I say this was the best restaurant experience I've ever had....bar none! We happened upon it during a visit to Ojai and went out of our way to go back a second time before returning back to New York. It was well worth the effort. First time we had a tuna appetizer with delectable sauces and wild mushroom soup in pastry dough and pork snitzel cooked to perfection with fresh vegetables and the most delicious mashed potatoes I've ever had. Dessert was a freshly made Napoleon with marscapone cheese filling.....to die for! On our second visit we had beef bourgenion (???spelling) and a yam, onion, mushroom vegetarian dish in philo dough with couscous that had red pepper and raisins and fresh veggies....Oh my God! If I could eat like that everyday I would become a vegetarian! And we couldn't resist dessert, a flourless chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce......Yummy in my tummy! If you are anywhere near this place before the end of April you must, I repeat you must experience this food. The chef is a wonderful person as well as the best chef I've ever experienced or met....and her partner and co-owner, who works there as well, is absolutely delightful to speak with and has great recommendations!

Carpinteria, California
“Yummy food, lovely location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have been to the Garden Terrace restaurant in Ojai several times.It is my favorite spot to take friends for lunch. The food is always fresh and delicious. My favorites are the Cobb Salad or the Reuben sandwich. There are several vegetarian choices on the menu as well. The fresh corn tamales with black beans have a southwestern flair.
We always sit on the outside terrace where the breeze blows and umbrellas shade you from the Ojai sun.
I also like that it is alittle bit out of the downtown area.